The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] - Schroeder sent down

I entirely disagree... the best time to put guys on waivers (if you don't want them claimed) is today. There will be dozens of other players on the wire at the same time as every team has to drop to the 23 man roster and it would be much less likely that it would be your guy picked up.

Putting someone on waivers a couple of days from now (or even tomorrow) risks other teams finding out a player on their roster sucks or someone gets hurt (expect a dozen groin pulls over the weekend) and they don't have the depth on their own farm teams.

I think this is a reasonable roster:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Raymond-Ebbett-Kassian

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Volpatti-Malhotra-Vandermeer

Weise

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Edler-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

Barker-Alberts

This thread is so full of fail.

To the people freaking out about this and calling the move stupid, you need to relax. It has been said already in this thread but some people don't seem to read. This was entirely a move about getting down to 23 players. Very little doubt in my mind that Shroeder is back up with the big club sooner than later.

Schroeder came up and played well so he is ready so he will be slowly brought in to play at the pro level.

He is going to get his playing time and will be in the Canucks line up this season,probably much sooner than later.

However,with Manny,Lappy,Hank,Ebbett and Kes all ahead of Jordan it is tough for him to get quality minutes on the big club and that is not good for anybody.

I would rather see him get bigger and stronger down on the farm and then come up and play a full season next year.

I could see him come in with limited minutes ,playing second unit PP time.I am sure the club will not hurt his mental or physical development in this manner.

My guess is he will be a tweener this season.

Why send down Schroeder? we couldnt send down one of Volpatti/Weise/Malhotra and make room for him when we NEED secondary scoring? Dafuq is that?

I know its just a scrimmage last night, be he really had some chemisty with Kas and Mayray. We find a temporary 2nd line and then he gets sent down..

I thought the training camp is where players get to earn their spots, as far as im concerned, he has done enough to earn a spot on the starting lineup.

What has Malhotra, Volpatti done again? this is ridiculous.

WOW this is RIDICULOUS, Vancouver is such a dead zone for prospect. Really useless. Play the kid already.

Why on earth do we need so many d-men at the beginning of the year. One of Barker or Vandemeer should have gone down.

Bunch of idiots.

Just another reactionary response from someone looking to have their anti-AV bias confirmed for them without actually understanding the larger issues and reasons for sending Schroeder down.

Why do so many people post the first drivel that pops into their head without bothering to give the issues a moment of consideration?

I entirely disagree... the best time to put guys on waivers (if you don't want them claimed) is today. There will be dozens of other players on the wire at the same time as every team has to drop to the 23 man roster and it would be much less likely that it would be your guy picked up.

Putting someone on waivers a couple of days from now (or even tomorrow) risks other teams finding out a player on their roster sucks or someone gets hurt (expect a dozen groin pulls over the weekend) and they don't have the depth on their own farm teams.

Schroeder >>>>>>> Malhotra,Weise,Volpatti.

Those 3 make up up our 4th line. Thats not even in the top 6 of an AHL lineup let alone be on a team thats contending for the cup.

It will be comical watching that 4th line, disaster waiting to happen.

Archived