44 replies to this topic

#1 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

High marks for Ryan Kesler for getting into the community...I'm starting to soften on my attitude towards him for what he's done during the lock out...that is reffing road hockey in Yaletown under the Cambie Street Bridge with local kids along with Bieksa and Garrison, and now, bagging groceries at Save On Foods. Not only is he rehabbing his shoulder/wrist/hip, he looks like he's rehabbing his image. Love his "I'm New" badge he's wearing. Good on him for doing what he's doing.

I'm pulling for you to be back in the lineup sooner than later, Kes.

#2 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

He's at Tim Hortons today for a shift too.

Ryan Kesler@Ryan_Kesler
Just arrived at Tim hortons on Granville and Nelson... Time for another shift

Posted Image

Posted Image

That would be THE place to work, for today. I wish I was on that staff!

Edited by MaximYapierre, 18 January 2013 - 03:03 PM.

CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#3 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,579 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

POPULAR

What they aren't telling us is that his injury is career ending, and that he's actually in training for his new jobs.

Edited by Jägermeister, 18 January 2013 - 02:45 PM.

Posted Image

#4 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

Did anyone who saw him ask when he's getting back in the line up? That's all i really care about, always been a big fan of the guy.
Posted Image

#5 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

What they aren't telling us is that his injury is career ending, and that he's actually in training for his new jobs.

"You WILL have fries with that!"

#6 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

POPULAR

Tomorrow I hear he's going to a local swimming pool to give kids 'diving lessons'

:bigblush: :frantic: :towel:

#7 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

What Kes is doing is pretty cool...he's right into it, wearing the Tim Horton's visor, serving coffee and hamming it up with the customers/fans. I hope he doesn't blow out his shoulder by trying to do too much during his shift at TH.

He's at Tim Hortons today for a shift too.

Ryan Kesler@Ryan_Kesler
Just arrived at Tim hortons on Granville and Nelson... Time for another shift

Posted Image

Posted Image

That would be THE place to work, for today. I wish I was on that staff!

#8 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,357 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

POPULAR

Tomorrow I hear he's going to a local swimming pool to give kids 'diving lessons'

:bigblush: :frantic: :towel:

Lame. way a go attack our own players, loser.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#9 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

YAY! Community!

Now, get healthy so we can bring a bloody Stanley Cup to this city.

#10 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

Lame. way a go attack our own players, loser.

Rules of being respected in hockey:

1. Play great
2. Play with heart
3. Play with consistency
4. Don't be cheap
5. Don't dive

He's done 1, 2 and outside of injuries I'll give him 3.

4 and 5....nope...

Just because he' s on our team doesn't mean I have to respect him, respect is earned and a leader shouldn't carry himself the way he does on the ice. And he is just now learning how to carry himself off the ice...how long has that taken?

Sorry, I'll give him respect when he earns it...serving coffee at tims to repair his image because of his inflated ego isn't a reason for respect. Its called damage control.

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 18 January 2013 - 03:16 PM.

#11 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

Seems like he is definitely trying to change his image for sure :towel:

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#12 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

1. Play great
2. Play with heart
3. Play with consistency
4. Don't be cheap
5. Don't dive

4 and 5....nope...

Just because he' s on our team doesn't mean I have to respect him, respect is earned and a leader shouldn't carry himself the way he does on the ice. And he is just now learning how to carry himself off the ice...how long has that taken?

Sorry, I'll give him respect when he earns it...serving coffee at tims to repair his image because of his inflated ego isn't a reason for respect. Its called damage control.

Wow...you're a tough guy to please, Bure2Mogilny. Can't you at least give the guy SOME credit for trying to rehab his image? It all starts somewhere...and it looks like Kes is taking first steps.

#13 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Wow...you're a tough guy to please, Bure2Mogilny. Can't you at least give the guy SOME credit for trying to rehab his image? It all starts somewhere...and it looks like Kes is taking first steps.

Image or not, he's just being a good guy (?). Yes, let's take it at face value and give him a round of applause.

#14 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Yup...and good that he is. But he's got alot to prove. Sedins are leaders, there is a big difference in attitude from Kes to Dan/Hank, Trevor, Stan, etc etc.

Kesler has the ability to be a superstar in the NHL and a terrific leader on and off the ice. No doubt about it.

BUT he needs to lose the chip on his shoulder (yes he's won a selke but what else, Daniel/Henrik have won MVP's and don't have his attitude).

He has the ability to be a dominant player like Iginla (Ex the fighting), and the only thing stopping him has been his ego.

Hopefully this is the first step in his maturity.

#15 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

1. Play great
2. Play with heart
3. Play with consistency
4. Don't be cheap
5. Don't dive

Few players in the league live up to your standards.
Posted Image

#16 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,444 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Some videos. The pelvic exam one is hilarious!
Kudos to Kes

Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#17 Fanuck

Fanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

I'll give Kesler credit for making the effort. But the real suprise will be if he's still making this kind of effort near the end of the season this year or even next when the NHLPA isn't in the same situation (rebuilding fan relationship phase).

You can be sure that every NHLPA member has been informed that they need to 're-build' their relationship with the fans. Personally, I'm disappointed as to how the fans are eating up the NHL/NHLPA's very weak attempts at buying off rebuilding fan relations.

#18 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,081 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Lucky customers!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#19 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

1. Play great
2. Play with heart
3. Play with consistency
4. Don't be cheap
5. Don't dive

4 and 5....nope...

Part of what made him successful in the NHL is being an agitator/pest as a young player. That and being a defensive 2 way forward is what got him to the level he's on now.

Two seasons ago he made it clear he wanted to leave that part of his game behind and he did for the most part, he had a minor lapse last year but i don't think his goals as getting better as a hockey player have changed.

Kesler has done a lot for this organization and in the community. He has earned more than enough respect in the league and in this city in my opinion.
Posted Image

#20 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

The only man to make 5M/day working fast food

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#21 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,804 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

I really do hope when he gets back he does what he did 2 years ago....cut out the diving. I really went off being a fan of him last year when he was flopping on the ice all year. What he is doing in the community is fantastic but if he can cut out the diving he will be a great player and be much better.

Gillis gets 'character' players. Diving is not a good 'character'....

Edited by Burnsey, 18 January 2013 - 04:34 PM.

team-canada-jarome-iginla-photo.jpg

#22 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,647 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

1. Play great
2. Play with heart
3. Play with consistency
4. Don't be cheap
5. Don't dive

4 and 5....nope...

This is a lighthearted, positive thread about random acts in the community that most consider to be a good thing....please don't let your own personal agenda come through and derail the topic.

Posted Image

#23 Pyrene

Pyrene

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

HAHA "I had my hands full"

#24 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

What Kes is doing is pretty cool...he's right into it, wearing the Tim Horton's visor, serving coffee and hamming it up with the customers/fans. I hope he doesn't blow out his shoulder by trying to do too much during his shift at TH.

I laughed at this as I was thinking the exact same thing...I hope he doesn't hurt his shoulder lifting a large Timbits!!!

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#25 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Kesler is such a beast, in every way possible :towel:
Posted Image

#26 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Did anyone who saw him ask when he's getting back in the line up? That's all i really care about, always been a big fan of the guy.

I wouldn't really have high expectations of him being anywhere near the player he is when he gets back this season. We won't see the real Kes until next season after he's had another summer of training. I just hope he doesn't try to do too much and hurt himself again when he gets back in a few weeks.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#27 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

Must have been a nice surprise for those customers.

RIP LB RR PD

#28 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Yup...and good that he is. But he's got alot to prove. Sedins are leaders, there is a big difference in attitude from Kes to Dan/Hank, Trevor, Stan, etc etc.

Kesler has the ability to be a superstar in the NHL and a terrific leader on and off the ice. No doubt about it.

BUT he needs to lose the chip on his shoulder (yes he's won a selke but what else, Daniel/Henrik have won MVP's and don't have his attitude).

He has the ability to be a dominant player like Iginla (Ex the fighting), and the only thing stopping him has been his ego.

Hopefully this is the first step in his maturity.

I'll be the first to admit that there are lots of things not to like about Kesler.

I have been a harsh Kesler critic for the all the reasons that you've cited, so I hear what you're saying...as I stated in my OP, my personal attitude is softening towards him and I'm giving Kes credit where credit is due. I come from the school of thought that you can criticize for the sketchy stuff and praise for good stuff people do. In this case, Kes is doing good...so I'm inclined to give him some high marks for it and it seems most of CDC members agree with it. If he comes back and flops around like a fish out of water as he's done in the past, I'll be the first to mock him for it...if he's back doing his Kesler-bombs, I'll laugh my a$$ off (because like him or not, that stuff is funny).

Who knows? Maybe being injured and rehabbing for as long as he has has given him the kind of perspective the Sedins seems to have. As well, we can't expect every one to be like the Sedins...they are extraordinary dudes that seem to have the compass pointed in the right direction...as far as pro athletes go, it's hard to find more committed, humble guys than them...I just wish they played with more anger in their game.

#29 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

This is a lighthearted, positive thread about random acts in the community that most consider to be a good thing....please don't let your own personal agenda come through and derail the topic.

He/she is entitled to their opinion of a player on a public forum....not sure the sentiment or tone of the thread should allow a posters comment to be censored.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#30 WillyFox

WillyFox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

1. Play great
2. Play with heart
3. Play with consistency
4. Don't be cheap
5. Don't dive

4 and 5....nope...

Your a joke how can you hate on Kesler this guy gives everything he has to the canucks he is the type of player you want on your team, oh and FYI pretty much every NHL player dives..you must have no respect for alot of NHLers?
GO Canucks GO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.