The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kudos for Kesler...

disisdayear

High marks for Ryan Kesler for getting into the community...I'm starting to soften on my attitude towards him for what he's done during the lock out...that is reffing road hockey in Yaletown under the Cambie Street Bridge with local kids along with Bieksa and Garrison, and now, bagging groceries at Save On Foods. Not only is he rehabbing his shoulder/wrist/hip, he looks like he's rehabbing his image. Love his "I'm New" badge he's wearing. Good on him for doing what he's doing.

I'm pulling for you to be back in the lineup sooner than later, Kes.

What Kes is doing is pretty cool...he's right into it, wearing the Tim Horton's visor, serving coffee and hamming it up with the customers/fans. I hope he doesn't blow out his shoulder by trying to do too much during his shift at TH.

He's at Tim Hortons today for a shift too.

Ryan Kesler@Ryan_Kesler

Just arrived at Tim hortons on Granville and Nelson... Time for another shift

BA7HQzCCEAIxRVr.jpg

BA7GuhCCQAAZd-J.jpg

That would be THE place to work, for today. I wish I was on that staff!

Rules of being respected in hockey:

1. Play great

2. Play with heart

3. Play with consistency

4. Don't be cheap

5. Don't dive

He's done 1, 2 and outside of injuries I'll give him 3.

4 and 5....nope...

Just because he' s on our team doesn't mean I have to respect him, respect is earned and a leader shouldn't carry himself the way he does on the ice. And he is just now learning how to carry himself off the ice...how long has that taken?

Sorry, I'll give him respect when he earns it...serving coffee at tims to repair his image because of his inflated ego isn't a reason for respect. Its called damage control.

I'll give Kesler credit for making the effort. But the real suprise will be if he's still making this kind of effort near the end of the season this year or even next when the NHLPA isn't in the same situation (rebuilding fan relationship phase).

You can be sure that every NHLPA member has been informed that they need to 're-build' their relationship with the fans. Personally, I'm disappointed as to how the fans are eating up the NHL/NHLPA's very weak attempts at buying off rebuilding fan relations.

Rules of being respected in hockey:

1. Play great

2. Play with heart

3. Play with consistency

4. Don't be cheap

5. Don't dive

He's done 1, 2 and outside of injuries I'll give him 3.

4 and 5....nope...

Just because he' s on our team doesn't mean I have to respect him, respect is earned and a leader shouldn't carry himself the way he does on the ice. And he is just now learning how to carry himself off the ice...how long has that taken?

Sorry, I'll give him respect when he earns it...serving coffee at tims to repair his image because of his inflated ego isn't a reason for respect. Its called damage control.

Archived