The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kudos for Kesler...

disisdayear

I really do hope when he gets back he does what he did 2 years ago....cut out the diving. I really went off being a fan of him last year when he was flopping on the ice all year. What he is doing in the community is fantastic but if he can cut out the diving he will be a great player and be much better.

Gillis gets 'character' players. Diving is not a good 'character'....

Rules of being respected in hockey:

1. Play great

2. Play with heart

3. Play with consistency

4. Don't be cheap

5. Don't dive

He's done 1, 2 and outside of injuries I'll give him 3.

4 and 5....nope...

Just because he' s on our team doesn't mean I have to respect him, respect is earned and a leader shouldn't carry himself the way he does on the ice. And he is just now learning how to carry himself off the ice...how long has that taken?

Sorry, I'll give him respect when he earns it...serving coffee at tims to repair his image because of his inflated ego isn't a reason for respect. Its called damage control.

This is a lighthearted, positive thread about random acts in the community that most consider to be a good thing....please don't let your own personal agenda come through and derail the topic.

What Kes is doing is pretty cool...he's right into it, wearing the Tim Horton's visor, serving coffee and hamming it up with the customers/fans. I hope he doesn't blow out his shoulder by trying to do too much during his shift at TH.

Yup...and good that he is. But he's got alot to prove. Sedins are leaders, there is a big difference in attitude from Kes to Dan/Hank, Trevor, Stan, etc etc.

Kesler has the ability to be a superstar in the NHL and a terrific leader on and off the ice. No doubt about it.

BUT he needs to lose the chip on his shoulder (yes he's won a selke but what else, Daniel/Henrik have won MVP's and don't have his attitude).

He has the ability to be a dominant player like Iginla (Ex the fighting), and the only thing stopping him has been his ego.

Hopefully this is the first step in his maturity.

1. Play great

2. Play with heart

3. Play with consistency

4. Don't be cheap

5. Don't dive

4 and 5....nope...

Just because he' s on our team doesn't mean I have to respect him, respect is earned and a leader shouldn't carry himself the way he does on the ice. And he is just now learning how to carry himself off the ice...how long has that taken?

Sorry, I'll give him respect when he earns it...serving coffee at tims to repair his image because of his inflated ego isn't a reason for respect. Its called damage control.

good to know that there are plenty of people out there willing to gobble up the p.r. nonsense they're spoon fed.

kesler's involvement in the community is completely hollow because it's mandated by the team, or at least recommended.

let me know when he throws 3/4 of a mil at a children's hospital, or spends a day off or two at a hospice (when there isnt a camera jammed in his face).

at least t.c. carling is earning his paycheques.

1. Play great

2. Play with heart

3. Play with consistency

4. Don't be cheap

5. Don't dive

4 and 5....nope...

Kesler may not be as much of a "community man" as the Sedins, and his twitter account may not be as funny as Luongo's, and he doesn't always play fair. But I would still rather have him on my team than the opposition. Class may be nice but you hate facing off against guys like Kesler, and you need those types on your team.

What Kes is doing is pretty cool...he's right into it, wearing the Tim Horton's visor, serving coffee and hamming it up with the customers/fans. I hope he doesn't blow out his shoulder by trying to do too much during his shift at TH.

Archived