The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Opening day lineup?

Cucumber

With all players being waived or sent down what will the opening night lineup.

sedins kassian

higgins ebbett burrows

raymay lappy hansen

volpatti malhotra weise

hamhuis juice

edler garrison

ballard tanev/barker

schneider

luongo

when booth kesler comes back

sedins burrows

booth kesler kassian

higgins lappy hansen

volpatti malhotra weise

looks pretty good to me

With all players being waived or sent down what will the opening night lineup.

sedins kassian

higgins ebbett burrows

raymay lappy hansen

volpatti malhotra weise

hamhuis juice

edler garrison

ballard tanev/barker

schneider

luongo

when booth kesler comes back

sedins burrows

booth kesler kassian

higgins lappy hansen

volpatti malhotra weise

looks pretty good to me

I doubt the line up will be either of those. Higgins hasn't played centre once this entire camp.

We'll find out soon enough, but I predict the opening night line up to look like this.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Ebbett - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Volpatti - Malhotra - Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Edler

Ballard - Tanev

Schneider

Luongo

I personally would love to have seen Schroeder over Ebbett on that 2nd line, although it makes perfect sense as to why they sent him down. I would also love to see Kassian with the Sedins for a decent stretch of games. Burrows legitimizes that 2nd line a bit as well.

If Higgins can play centre I think the whole line-up looks much better. I get nervous when I see Ebbett's name on the 2nd. He could be a decent 3rd liner for us but not at all good enough for the top 6. I was not able to watch the training camp, so maybe Ebbett impressed and is good enough for the top 6, but from what I have seen from him in the past he is not ready.

It will definitely be a tough start to this season.

Sedin - Sedin - Kass

Raymond - Higgins - Burr

Ebbett - Lappy - Hansen

I doubt the line up will be either of those. Higgins hasn't played centre once this entire camp.

We'll find out soon enough, but I predict the opening night line up to look like this.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Ebbett - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Volpatti - Malhotra - Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Edler

Ballard - Tanev

Schneider

Luongo

I personally would love to have seen Schroeder over Ebbett on that 2nd line, although it makes perfect sense as to why they sent him down. I would also love to see Kassian with the Sedins for a decent stretch of games. Burrows legitimizes that 2nd line a bit as well.

I really hope Schroeder gets to play with Raymond and Kassian. Not only did they look good in the 2nd scrimmage game, Schroeder seems to be a good at making passes into space, and that's what on-form Raymond can create.

Kassian is a big body and can ruin a D's day, so he needs to make up for Raymond and Schroeder's lack of size.

Our 4th line is gonna be awful... Malhotra centering Volpatti and Weise.....

Why the heck was Schroeder sent down? He had some chemisty with Raymond and Kassian then gets sent down? am i the only one seeing something wrong with that logic?

I think you have to put burrows on the 2nd, can't put all the eggs in one basket.

Sedins-kassian

Higgins-Ebbet-Burrows

The best possible top 6 combo right now IMO. All other combos i've seen have a massive drop off from the 1st to 2nd line. Also a little disappointed to see Ebbet over Schroeder. Never been impressed with Ebbet ever, this is just a typical AV move favouring the defensive player over the offensive player.

Archived