341 replies to this topic

#91 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,416 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

More excitement in 10 mins of this Pens-Flyers game than either of Jets-Sens or Kings-Hawks. Pretty good game.

Yeah that's what I have been watching for the most part too.

Way more exciting than the other 2. The LA game was over at 3-0 and the Jets/Sens game just isn't as exciting.

zackass.png

#92 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,416 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Oh Giroux so close...............

zackass.png

#93 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

PP lets go Flyers

ohhhh frack so close

#94 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,416 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

What a game this is holy

zackass.png

#95 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

this is how young players become stars. 3 mins to go against the Pens and Lavi has Couturier on PP. He did smiliar things last season and by the end of season Couturier was a star. you learn from mistakes,

AV needs to learn from this

#96 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,416 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Oh this is it, PP with just over 2 Mins to go, Flyers gotta capitalize here.

zackass.png

#97 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Here's a chance to tie. another pp

#98 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,416 posts

OHHHH!!!! Simmondsss!!!!

zackass.png

#99 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

take out the goalie and make it 6-4

#100 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,416 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

Are you F***ing kidding!!!

Post-Lockout Officiating.... :picard:

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 19 January 2013 - 04:02 PM.

zackass.png

#101 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

cheap call

#102 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,898 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Coutrier is also a very highly skilled player way ahead of all the canucks prospects thats why Lavi can trust him

#103 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,416 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

this is how young players become stars. 3 mins to go against the Pens and Lavi has Couturier on PP. He did smiliar things last season and by the end of season Couturier was a star. you learn from mistakes,

AV needs to learn from this

Exaclty, same thing that happened with Giroux.

zackass.png

#104 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,416 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

Damn, flyers played so well.. Great exciting game to kick off the season though.

zackass.png

#105 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Game set match. I'm happy Malkin got a point and he was +2

#106 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Coutrier is also a very highly skilled player way ahead of all the canucks prospects thats why Lavi can trust him

He didn't come into the league that way, otherwise he would have been a top 2 pick. Even then he would not be the player he is. Only way to get good is by being on the ice. You think RNH doesn't make mistakes? He's highly skilled. Crosby was -1 in his first season even though he had 110 Pts.

Lavi gave him lots of ice and let him make mistakes. Not park him on the bench if he made the wrong play.

#107 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,688 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Now that was an entertaining game. Good way to start the season off.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#108 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,898 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

He didn't come into the league that way, otherwise he would have been a top 2 pick. Even then he would not be the player he is. Only way to get good is by being on the ice. You think RNH doesn't make mistakes? He's highly skilled. Crosby was -1 in his first season even though he had 110 Pts.

Lavi gave him lots of ice and let him make mistakes. Not park him on the bench if he made the wrong play.

coutrier dropped quite a bit and was considered a major steal for the flyers he probably was a top 5 pick

im sure if the canucks had players from the top 5 in the draft they would get the benifet of the doubt and get played more its not just AV that does this most of the time the canucks are picking players between 20-30 which quite often don't get into the league until their 3rd or 4th year because quite often their just isn't room for them

Also im sure this is directed towards schroeder being sent down he pretty much got sent down because he could go through without being picked up if there was a risk he could get picked up on waivers then he would of made the team

#109 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

What game will you guys be watching next. I'll be watching Caps/Bolts. Look forward to seeing Adam Oates' coaching system.

Finally OV will be out of the trap and his skill will be on display. Last year he was stuck in mud due to Hunter plying dump it in and fall back trap.

#110 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,898 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Montreal vs Toronto the battle for 15th

also debating nhl center ice probably end up getting online since i can do 4 games at once yes i am that crazy

Edited by captaincanuck88, 19 January 2013 - 04:37 PM.

#111 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

coutrier dropped quite a bit and was considered a major steal for the flyers he probably was a top 5 pick

im sure if the canucks had players from the top 5 in the draft they would get the benifet of the doubt and get played more its not just AV that does this most of the time the canucks are picking players between 20-30 which quite often don't get into the league until their 3rd or 4th year because quite often their just isn't room for them

Also im sure this is directed towards schroeder being sent down he pretty much got sent down because he could go through without being picked up if there was a risk he could get picked up on waivers then he would of made the team

I'm pbbly the 1st person on these board to say why JS got sent down when everyone started panicking. So you don't have to tell me about waivers etc.

Schoreder dropped quite a bit too when Canucks got him. Hodgson was a top 10 pick and could have gone higher. Did you see CoHo in the World Jrs? Did you see him in the OHL lead the league in scoring and being responsible defensively.

The fact is AV has a deep team and he's too busy trying to win President's trophies. He has accomplished that the past two seasons but the goal should be something different. Give the young guys lots of ice in the regular season. Let them make mistakes. When/IF you need them in the playoffs they will be ready to step up.

#112 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,416 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Can't wait to see Galchenyuk score on Scrivens. 4-2 MTL.

zackass.png

#113 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Watched PHI v. PIT.

Pittsburgh owned the Flyers.
Posted Image

#114 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,898 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

I'm pbbly the 1st person on these board to say why JS got sent down when everyone started panicking. So you don't have to tell me about waivers etc.

Schoreder dropped quite a bit too when Canucks got him. Hodgson was a top 10 pick and could have gone higher. Did you see CoHo in the World Jrs? Did you see him in the OHL lead the league in scoring and being responsible defensively.

The fact is AV has a deep team and he's too busy trying to win President's trophies. He has accomplished that the past two seasons but the goal should be something different. Give the young guys lots of ice in the regular season. Let them make mistakes. When/IF you need them in the playoffs they will be ready to step up.

the young guys need to be able to crack the line up before they can help and contribute in the playoffs besides booth and kesler injuries right now the canucks don't exactly have the holes in the line up to just slot in rookies to give them ice time were not the only team that rookies have a tough time cracking the line up

#115 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

I look forward to see how Yuk's season goes too. He was on the 2nd line in the World Jr's, had a great start but cooled down at the end. i thought he was one of the most exciting players on the ice though.

#116 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,416 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

I look forward to see how Yuk's season goes too. He was on the 2nd line in the World Jr's, had a great start but cooled down at the end. i thought he was one of the most exciting players on the ice though.

Yeah I know, the guy is so dynamic though, and think about it, this guy missed all of last year, still got drafted 3rd overall, and now he's in the NHL, after playing half a season in 2 years. That's pretty incredible.

Should be a great prospect to follow for sure, also interested so see some other guys like Schultz, Tarasenko and Yakupov especially.

zackass.png

#117 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,615 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

This is what I'm looking forward to as well.
Hoping Scrivens gets lit up and gets pulled. Reimer comes and in and gets lit up an pulled.
Gillis just sits there and increases the price.

#118 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Yeah I know, the guy is so dynamic though, and think about it, this guy missed all of last year, still got drafted 3rd overall, and now he's in the NHL, after playing half a season in 2 years. That's pretty incredible.

Should be a great prospect to follow for sure, also interested so see some other guys like Schultz, Tarasenko and Yakupov especially.

Yep, EDM got the best forward in the draft and best young Dman in Schultz so they are the big winners over the off season.

Too bad Tarasenko will be stuck in Hitchcock's trap system. We won't be able to see him display his skill too often and he won't be putting up points like some of the other guys will.

#119 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

This is what I'm looking forward to as well.
Hoping Scrivens gets lit up and gets pulled. Reimer comes and in and gets lit up an pulled.
Gillis just sits there and increases the price.

LOL, This Leafs team is going to be worst than last years team. But it seems like the deal with TO is dead. i hink Nonis has decided to build thru the draft rather than going the Burke route.

If Nonis does trade for a goalie I think it will now be with LA for Bernier, not VAN for Luongo.

#120 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,376 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

Is the bruins game working on shaw for anyone?

Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.