The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

To all the Schroeder fan boys

Brick Tamland

Ah, the obligatory "fat Wellwood" crack. I'm betting that if there were an 18 goal scoring center out there for what Welly is getting paid this year there would be a clamour on this board to get him. Letting Wellwood walk was a stupid move IMHO. His rep here was carved in stone by the ignorami of CDC before he ever had so much as a practice for us. He is much better than anybody here seems to think.

fans of a team supporting a first round pick who played well!? oh the shame you make me feel right now.. you can take your two presidents trophy argument to the training staff and ask when keslers coming back bud. we are low on options and damn us for wanting to see the best center option in our system get a shot.

The over rated, under sized, speedy 2.0 version of Steve Kariya has yet again left you with egg on your face. Riiiiight, he was going to center the second line on the back to back presidents trophy winning Vancouver Canucks.... really? If you watched him for any of the games in Abbotsford or Chicago or anywhere else for that matter he is not 2nd line ready...

He isnt even in the top 100 in scoring in the ahl.

Its cool to root for the underdog, but at some point reality has to set in. His skill set is not serviceable in the NHL.

Schroeder may be a little short, but he also tested as one of the strongest overall players in his draft class at the NHL Draft Combine.

Placed 4th on the 150 lbs bench press

He has the strength to play in this league, just needs an opening. I'm sure he is first in line on call ups for injuries.

Addressing the fan base isn't really Canucks Talk and there is a thread already in progress that you could have presented your thoughts in.

To pull a hit and run, in which you cut down others without responding to the ongoing rebuttals, is trolling.

I'm laughing at all the people in this thread that haven't seen him play. The kid is a beast, had he been 6'1'' he would have gone 5th that year. The kid is noticeable on the ice, makes crisp passes, has one hell of an accurate wrister, and he's money in the shootout.

Ebbett is only on this team because Vigneault likes his journeymen. This season with the Wolves, Ebbett had all of 5 points going into December, while Schroeder was probably the Wolves most consistent forward.

I also find it funny that everyone on here makes fun of his size, when he's probably close to or the same size as the people on this board. Why not cheer for the underdog?

Archived