The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

lol typical COACH AV not giving a chance to young talent

yete

well i would not say im shocked at all actually

heres the list

1. grabner 2 shirokov 3.hodgson and 4 schroeder

Does AV have something against young talent lol

honestly look at coaches like john tortella actually gives the rangers prospects pool a chance (krieder)

look at ottawa how they developed karlson the list goes on go 2 any team in the league they give chances to there young players..,

Even with injury the canucks management believes on not giving a chance to young talent hahaha this team........

I dont get it why dont the canucks ever give there young players a chance without judging them or screwing up the confidence of the player

Sedins are only getting older and the rest of the core .....I will say one thing however if the canucks choke in the playoffs this year like many of the experts are predicting AV BETTER LEAVE!

im sick of coach av and how he treats the young prospects .................

So you're saying that Schroeder is up there with Karlsson and Kreider? C'mon dude.

Instead of AV, you might want to direct your anger towards our scouts and gm for poor drafting. I don't think AV was doing any fist pumps when we drafted the 5'8" 170 lb Schroeder. Shirokov was always a project. Grabner had a good year but is still a one dimensional player whose longterm success is yet to be determined. And MG's first draft pick ever, Hodgson, needed to improve his game plus missed alot of time with serious injury issues. So what would you expect AV to do with him?

the young players have to actually play good enough in the pre-season (or what there is this year) to take a spot away from someone else.

why should they get a spot handed to them? that is how crapty franchises do it (like nonis in TO). Seriously... if they can't beat out an existing player, then why should we suck just because we give them a chance?

the rejoinder is that some players need a chance to play in the NHL. Kesler and Burrows first made it in 3rd line roles. That is AV's style. If the player can't make the team in a 3rd or 4th line role, they will never make the top 2. I don't mind this idea... Now if the GM is drafting smallish players that can never play on the 3rd or 4th line... well they won't make it anyways.

Put it this way: Parise (a smaller player) would have made the 3rd lined on the Canucks when he first came into the league. Schraeder is not that good, not even half as good probably.

Guess what? We haver not had a top 10 pick in ages... it's a total crapshoot. I like the recent drafting strategy, seems like MG has learned. His first few years he was drafting like Nonis - size doesn't matter, just give me skill. Now he is taking the larger players who have skill. So we wasted the first few years of MG drafting, but at least he is doing a better job now? anyone for craps?

This thread should instead be titled: "I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes because I'm not a coach, or any part of the organization for that matter, and am on the outside looking in, but what I think doesn't make sense in my head so I'm going to voice it here on CDC because I DON'T THINK it has been discussed before so here it goes: why is AV so meeeeaaaannn?!!!"

Archived