The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

School's new armed security guard forgets gun in school bathroom

dudeone

So you're saying that Obama wants to ban semi automatic rifles because they were used in more killings than those other weapons?

That isn't the reason for it, it is because they are used in mass murders and as we've seen can level many people in a short period of time...hence, why they are considered very dangerous. Post a meme on the average number of victims per incident in relation to the time it took to do so, tied to each weapon, and you might be a little closer to the actual issue. It isn't a x + y issue. There are a few variables going at the same time and yes sometimes it is hard to comprehend, but please understand.

So you're saying that Obama wants to ban semi automatic rifles because they were used in more killings than those other weapons?

That isn't the reason for it, it is because they are used in mass murders and as we've seen can level many people in a short period of time...hence, why they are considered very dangerous. Post a meme on the average number of victims per incident in relation to the time it took to do so, tied to each weapon, and you might be a little closer to the actual issue. It isn't a x + y issue.

That isn't the reason for it, it is because they are used in mass murders and as we've seen can level many people in a short period of time...hence, why they are considered very dangerous. Post a meme on the average number of victims per incident in relation to the time it took to do so, tied to each weapon, and you might be a little closer to the actual issue. It isn't a x + y issue.

You failed comprehension. Assault weapons are targeted because they are the demon du jour, and because gun control hopefuls can actually get an assault rifle ban passed without being overturned, unlike banning all hand guns. You have your own biased interpretation of what an assault rifle is for, the people who actually (legally) buy them have their own, and given how virtually none of them commit murder, you have no leg to stand on, and your outrage is more about hyperbole than "the issue".

What are they for apart from killing mass amount of people in a short period of time?

What do you think of my reasoning, that they are trying to ban them not because of the number of deaths tied to them, but rather the number of deaths per incident and the killing power they have that which can be applied in such a short amount of time (before law enforcement arrives). ?

I countered your meme with my argument, and you have touched on none of the points I made, or argued the one you made that I countered. . Do you agree then that your meme has nothing to do with the issue?

What are they for apart from killing mass amount of people in a short period of time?

What do you think of my reasoning, that they are trying to ban them not because of the number of deaths tied to them, but rather the number of deaths per incident and the killing power they have that which can be applied in such a short amount of time (before law enforcement arrives). ?

WHAT? WHAT? Cmon man. It isn't why. You can easily commit a mass murder with a handgun also.

Watch that video. You don't think you could do that a bunch of times? I guarantee it doesn't take long to get about 80% as fast as that guy. You could very easily mess up a large amount of people and commit a mass murder.

You anti-gunners please avoid the personal attacks. You've been brutal on these forums for referring to anyone pro-guns as "nuts, crazies, etc" and it is getting stale. You all should be able to have a decent discussion without the petty ridicule.

I'm not for armed guards in schools. I think its silly. One solution that I think could work is teaching some of the willing teachers how to properly use guns and having the guns locked away in a very secure saf within the school. Perhaps one that uses facial or retinal recognition. They would be the only ones that would have access to it and this would prevent guns being lost in the presecence of children. I'm not sure about this though because any guns in any school makes me apprehensive.

How convenient. I used the same website you did to cite a source and now it's a meme? So I can chalk up your post to being a meme as well? :lol:

Anyways, these guns are only mass killing machines for people who use them to kill a mass of people. Given virtually none do, I can't say precisely what they're for because I wouldn't know (I do know several legitimate purposes of one, but again I can't speak for the people who buy them, and if they buy them legally they don't need a reason to buy one), but given what they aren't used for, and what they're being targeted about, I can say you are well off the beaten path when it comes to figuring out what the murder problem in the US is.

WHAT? WHAT? Cmon man. It isn't why. You can easily commit a mass murder with a handgun also.

Watch that video. You don't think you could do that a bunch of times? I guarantee it doesn't take long to get about 80% as fast as that guy. You could very easily mess up a large amount of people and commit a mass murder.

You anti-gunners please avoid the personal attacks. You've been brutal on these forums for referring to anyone pro-guns as "nuts, crazies, etc" and it is getting stale. You all should be able to have a decent discussion without the petty ridicule.

I'm not for armed guards in schools. I think its silly. One solution that I think could work is teaching some of the willing teachers how to properly use guns and having the guns locked away in a very secure saf within the school. Perhaps one that uses facial or retinal recognition. They would be the only ones that would have access to it and this would prevent guns being lost in the presecence of children. I'm not sure about this though because any guns in any school makes me apprehensive.

The "cmon man" couldn't do that though...Sure, they can, they could, but the fact is, automatic rifles are killing machines that have the highest output and ability to level hundreds of people before the cops show up.

My original argument was against a dumb meme that was posted as "reality". One that like it's proponents, has nothing to do with the reasoning behind the government actions.

The poster still hasn't attempted to rationally argue it or his claims to begin with, aside from falsely claiming that I cited a website??? I'm confused. I haven't posted in this thread aside from today. They refuse to debate this or even follow a linear, rational, mature path.

I suppose this is why so many people here regard you with such disdain. I gave him a polite chance to argue his points..but clearly he isn't interested in that.

So a poster that can only see (by his own ignorance) one purpose for an assault weapon, despite that purpose being used in a select few extreme cases related to how many people actually, legally, own assault weapons, and then is decrying others for not being rational in the midst of contradicting self. I sure am going to take that poster seriously. :lol:

Archived