The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Alex Edler

I know I noticed that too.

I also hate how Sportsnet showed the highlights of the Bulls/Ice Dogs game, then talked about the game for a bit and the only time they even mentioned Gaunce was when they showed the highlight of his goal in the highlight package.

The guy had 4 points and a great game and they don't even bring it up! They mentioned Gaovac's 4 pt game game and even talked about Jordan Subban, and Silas but didn't mention 1 word about Gaunce.

If this was a Leafs prospect they would spend half an hour on his game alone.

Since they (SN & TSN) are our only real sportnetwork options, the bias kinda pisses me off sometimes but I guess we gotta just let it roll off our backs.

This is a bit of a risky move and i am sure canucks management knows it.

The good Edler see's the ice well, passes well, hits hard and has the booming shot with room to grow being he is still young.

The bad Edler thoughout his career is soft when the going gets tough, known to make many brain cramps and mental errors, struggles with positioning, gets caught up ice, misses the net far too often and clumsy holding the line.

Also the fact that he has had back problems at such a young age and the fact he has the ntc for so many years this isn't as slam dunk of a great deal that most think.

Only time will tell whether this was a smart or a foolish signing.

Roll it off your back is exactly the right thing to do. These kinda things shouldn't frustrate Canucks fans.

Just think, IF Aquilini owned TSN and SPSN like Leafs parent company does then it would be all Canucks all the time too.

All the so called analysts are tripping over each other to talk about Leafs in order to suck up to their bosses. Some ofcourse are worse than others.

Canucks have never gotten a fair shake from the eastern media but now its just ridiculous. Only thing to do is look at the standings and rejoice.

This is a bit of a risky move and i am sure canucks management knows it.

The good Edler see's the ice well, passes well, hits hard and has the booming shot with room to grow being he is still young.

The bad Edler thoughout his career is soft when the going gets tough, known to make many brain cramps and mental errors, struggles with positioning, gets caught up ice, misses the net far too often and clumsy holding the line.

Also the fact that he has had back problems at such a young age and the fact he has the ntc for so many years this isn't as slam dunk of a great deal that most think.

Only time will tell whether this was a smart or a foolish signing.

This strikes me as a rather generic statement.

There is a risk with every single player that they suffer an injury that doesn't allow them to perform at their peak.

Teams would have lined up to take a bigger risk.

Not only that, but Edler leaving money on the table means that Gillis has more to work with and that money will wind up going to his team-mates who don't make as much - that's a pretty considerable give-back that makes his team better and his team-mates appreciate his commitment to the team.

I like the implications when it comes to re-signing a guy like Higgins who I would hate to lose because of cap space.

Elder is a good player but I don't see how $5M per year is a discount. I would think it's on the high end of fair and the Canucks overpaid a little to keep him. For those suggesting he's better than Phaneuf I will agree once Edler makes an all star game or two.

Elder is a good player but I don't see how $5M per year is a discount. I would think it's on the high end of fair and the Canucks overpaid a little to keep him. For those suggesting he's better than Phaneuf I will agree once Edler makes an all star game or two.

Archived