Hamhuis-Beiksa

Edler-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

Than next year...

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Corrado

Garrsion-Tanev?

My guess anyways...

you can pay a ton for your D, but you have to have somebody being paid less.

bye ballard... A shame it didn't work out.

5 Million is an absolute steal but people will complain about this deal later on, similar to how people have hated Luongo's contract if he slows down after a couple of seasons. 6 years is a great time-frame though considering he'll probably hit his prime next season or the year after that.

As for the Cap, WTF is Gillis gonna do now? Last time I checked we were about 2 or 3 million just under the cap, now with Edler's extra dollars we'll be right up against it with no room to sign an essential center.

I love how Gillis has invested so much of our cap in defence, our top-4 is now solidified for the next few seasons and defence does win championships, but we are quite imbalanced now and lacking centers badly. Not sure what's more important to win a Cup - a good defence or depth at center.

Good questions, but I think they are answerable. Assuming Luongo is traded, that's Edler's contract with some left over. With a few other guys gone after this season, the Canucks can still ice a solid team with raises where they are due.

regards,

G.

Archived