The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Power Play DOOMED

Slegr

Hansen has zero power play goals. Why oh WHY is AV slotting him into the first power play unit?!?!

Just let him kill penalties and play his 3rd-line role.... the first few games they usually give out Power Plays like candy to remind players what they can and cannot do. We'll be shooting ourselves in the foot by having him out there....

http://www.sportsnet...p_update_jan16/

(Cue the Hansen puck bunnies to his rescue...)

Hansen has zero power play goals. Why oh WHY is AV slotting him into the first power play unit?!?!

Just let him kill penalties and play his 3rd-line role.... the first few games they usually give out Power Plays like candy to remind players what they can and cannot do. We'll be shooting ourselves in the foot by having him out there....

Hansen has good instincts. He hasn't been given many opportunities, hence the poor PP stats. Garrison has looked really good at the point. That'll help create some offense.

It's not the same as having Kelser or Booth out there but I don't think the PP can be classified as being DOOMED :)

Makes me wonder what some of todays fans would be like if we had a team like we did in the 70's or 80's when there was actually a reason to cry doomed. Back then we just hoped the team would make the playoffs and we knew there was no real hope of a cup.

ive never understood taking apart the top line for power play leave burrows on it with the sedins . its terrible when u need to juggle your lines for a couple shifts after a power play to get them in order again . leave burrows on PP1 and leave them on for most of it and when the PP is over your lines wont be messed up. keep it simple top 2 lines run the PP bottom 2 should run PK it wears our guys out playing top guys like burs and kes on the PK . its over coaching keep it simple.

Pay no mind to this thread, Slegr is the one who started the other Hansen-hate thread. This guy hates on Hansen at every opportunity.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who doesn't see that the positives that Hansen brings to the team faaaar outweigh any negatives in his game, clearly doesn't know much about the game of hockey. Hansen is exactly the type of player every team needs. Tough, durable, adaptable, a strong work ethic, and a decent (and improving) offensive game. Plus, he's young and cheap.

I don't know what the OP is smoking.... any PP unit with the Sedins & Edler is going to get points, now you add Garrison. Edler had a points explosion playing with the twins on the 1st pp unit. The same will happen to Garrison who I hear likes to sneak in the backdoor and let go one of his boomers, which reminds me of Salo. Hansen will most likely try to screen the goalie much like Kes, & he is capable of it too as he is strong on his skates. I'm looking forward to watching them in action tomorrow but one thing worries me, the ability to draw the penalites first.

Archived