The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ATB Financial Commercials Dissing the Canuck fans

RAMBUTANS

They have to get their enjoyment where they can... it certainly hasn't been on the ice in recent years.

I think it sets up Vancity or someone else to make up their own commercial. Something simple like a player being told by his agent that he is being traded to Edmonton.... cut to his really hot wife packing up the kids and leaving him rather than moving there. Or have the player refuse and cut to him happily serving fries at McDonald's saying "hey, at least I don't have to live in Edmonton!"

For Calgary... you just show a bunch of players in their jerseys being called up to win a golfing trophy.

Say what you will, but Eberle is a quality person and I'd love to have him on the Canucks. He is EXACTLY the type of player we need (clutch scorer, great passer, and he's got open admiration for the Sedins and many of the Canucks). He did the commercial, and he's using it as an opportunity to be a great role model in the community, I as a canucks fan support him and wish him well. That being said, when they're on the ice, I'll obviously be cheering against him.

I thought the green men one was pretty funny when I saw it last night, but I knew it would get a reaction here...

Who cares? Just part of the rivalries with Alberta.

People who are saying they can't wait until Alberta turns into a wasteland and the oilsands run out are pretty pathetic imo.

It's just a game.

I just saw the commercials where Giordano slammed one of the green men into a storefront and Eberle hitting an innocent Canuck fan in a theatre lineup and not letting him in to watch a movie (Les Miserables, I think).

I am enraged!! How can these Albertan teams molest and abuse Canuck fans?!

The Canucks have to fight back!!!

Someone in BC make a commercial as a revenge!!! Hit an Oiler! Punch a Flame!!!

.......rant over.

Good night.

Say what you will, but Eberle is a quality person and I'd love to have him on the Canucks. He is EXACTLY the type of player we need (clutch scorer, great passer, and he's got open admiration for the Sedins and many of the Canucks). He did the commercial, and he's using it as an opportunity to be a great role model in the community, I as a canucks fan support him and wish him well. That being said, when they're on the ice, I'll obviously be cheering against him.

Archived