13 replies to this topic

#1 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

I visit Hockeybuzz for entertainment now and again.

I think it is a little unprofessional that guys like Richard Cloutier (oilers blogger) and Mike Augello (maple leafs blogger) continually use the board as way to bash the canucks.

Today Richard Cloutier writes how the canucks have no second line and thus will not be fun to watch, so therefore they should have less CBC air tim (below).

"And the Canucks have no second line, so they're going to be terrible this season too. Yet the CBC will keep forcing those two teams down our throats weekly, because that's what happens when a company has their head office in the Center of the Universe.

last time I checked, CBC has had a mild hate on for the Canucks over the past couple of years.Richard I am sorry that CBC is not giving you want, but it is not really up to AV, MG, or the players. Also telling us our team is terrible is unprofessional and you do it all the time.
I am not a huge Ian Esplen fan, but at least he does not bash other teams and continually whine like Richard.

Richard- quite it with the Teamis envy, soon the oilers will have their time in the sun, it is inevitable conisdering they took the easy road and failed hardcore for 5 years in a row.

I'll complain about Mike another time- but he is drinking the TO kool-aid as he keeps proposing Komi + Connolly for Luongo- at least he is entertaining.

#2 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

these guys are decent writers and should just focus on their own teams-thats what their fans want anyway.

#3 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,431 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

There's only a few bloggers with credibility. From my experience, all you have to do to become a blogger is to be active on their forums and get lucky, and you'll get offered the job but It's not like you get paid anything.

#4 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

There's only a few bloggers with credibility. From my experience, all you have to do to become a blogger is to be active on their forums and get lucky, and you'll get offered the job but It's not like you get paid anything.

good to know, I was wondering if there was any screening. This explains it.

#5 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,579 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:13 AM

Hockeybuzz writers' opinions have as much weight as any average fan, often times because they are merely Joe Average.

#6 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

Meh. Not much different from Canuck fans who complain about too many Leafs games on TV.
Posted Image

#7 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Wrong section.
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#8 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Very interesting post.
I personally don't care about anyone's opinion about anything including my favorite hockey team

I think it's flattering if I think anything at all.

Edited by Noheart, 19 January 2013 - 11:04 AM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#9 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Matthew Barry is by far the worst of the lot.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,054 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Wait, there's two centers of the universe? One in Toronto and one in Vancouver? Then that would put the center of the two centers of the universe in... Winnipeg. TSN wins!

But yeah, is there a trade, rumour or signing in this thread, or is it just complaining about HockeyBuzz?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

I visit Hockeybuzz for entertainment now and again.

I think it is a little unprofessional that guys like Richard Cloutier (oilers blogger) and Mike Augello (maple leafs blogger) continually use the board as way to bash the canucks.

Today Richard Cloutier writes how the canucks have no second line and thus will not be fun to watch, so therefore they should have less CBC air tim (below).

"And the Canucks have no second line, so they're going to be terrible this season too. Yet the CBC will keep forcing those two teams down our throats weekly, because that's what happens when a company has their head office in the Center of the Universe.

last time I checked, CBC has had a mild hate on for the Canucks over the past couple of years.Richard I am sorry that CBC is not giving you want, but it is not really up to AV, MG, or the players. Also telling us our team is terrible is unprofessional and you do it all the time.
I am not a huge Ian Esplen fan, but at least he does not bash other teams and continually whine like Richard.

Richard- quite it with the Teamis envy, soon the oilers will have their time in the sun, it is inevitable conisdering they took the easy road and failed hardcore for 5 years in a row.

I'll complain about Mike another time- but he is drinking the TO kool-aid as he keeps proposing Komi + Connolly for Luongo- at least he is entertaining.

His view comes from a oilers fan perspective , And he has a point cause chances are the oilers team is going to be a more entertaining team to watch this year
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#12 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

Richards writing IMO is pretty good. I read this guy constantly for entertainment. He has stated himself numerous times 90% of his material is for entertainment's sake. A lot of the time he is pretty straight forward with his thinking and that's all you can ask him. So getting all bent out of shape over a blog is pretty petty. It is not a newspaper it's a form of writing made simply for people toread. Tsn is news, hockeybuzz is entertainment.
Posted Image

#13 TheHitman

TheHitman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Who cares about Hockeybuzz? They are about as credible as any other high school kid.

Posted Image

#14 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Nobody wants to hear that ugly horn the Oilers blare after every goal anyways.. I bet once they get their new stadium built, there's going to be more Oilers on HNIC.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

View PostMarkus Alexander Cody, on 19 July 2010 - 11:34 PM, said:

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.