The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Well, well....Wouldn't Hodgson have looked quite nice with Kesler's injury!

hockeyfan90

This has never come up before has it!?!?!? Wow wait a second let me grasp this... What if we had Hodgson... He's a center Kesler's a center... hmmm Keslers injured... OMG! Hodgson could replace Kesler!!!!!!! WOW quick MG better get the trade done!

Derp...

Hang on, I think we misinterpreted the OP:

He said "Well, well....Wouldn't Hodgson have looked quite nice with Kesler's injury!"

Basically, it would have been nicer for Canucks if Hodgson had Kesler's injury and Kesler was 100%!

Of course that's better!

Plus 1!

I was not thrilled with the trade. Not in terms of the deal itself, but more of the timing. I thought the Canucks could get a lot more for Hodgson in the offseason, but it wasn't my call to make. Maybe Gillis just couldn't handle the situation anymore.

It's like the Ballard trade. I was ok with trading Bernier and Grabner, but losing the 1st rounder was a bit much, and I would have preferred and younger D-man in exchange. But I also know why Gillis did it. Hamhuis wasn't a lock to be signed so he needed to make sure his bases was covered.

Not much point in griping about it, what's done is done. I can't go back to the 80's and tell the GM not to trade Cam Neely, and use the 1st round pick to draft Joe Sakic either.

I agree OP but he clearly wanted out, so we had no choice. You just can't predict injuries, all you can do is add depth just in case. Hopefully we will end up saying "thank god for Kassian now that (insert Booth or another winger here) is injured".

Archived