Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Well, well....Wouldn't Hodgson have looked quite nice with Kesler's injury!

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#91 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,786 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Hmmm, he would have filled the spot until Kesler came back.

Meh, big deal.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#92 VIC_CITY

VIC_CITY

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

As the title says

As the title says

Apparently I'm a little late joining the thread but.....GIVE IT A F*KN REST!

We don't have Cody Hodgson any more...IT'S OVER!!

Half of CDC reminds me of my ex girlfriends. It's time to move on!

I wish Zack Kassian could punch you all in the face...and in the stomach, then in the face again.

#93 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

I should have invented Facebook.

See what I did there? Hindsight.

I'd rather invent Google.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#94 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Who can blame CoHo for not wanting to be here..If you see no room for advancement as well as a lack of encouragement from coaching/management I would be out..
So if anybody in this form worked there butt off at a job, and wanted to advance but they would rather have someone who is injured work and does the job half ass...its a bit of a slap in the face. Bad coaching if you ask me.. Look at RG3 in the playoffs...your up 14pts and you still play someone who is 60%?? when there is someone who could play a supplemental role?? Shake your head people!!

If anything, Kesler could have played on the third with reduced minutes so the healing process can be excellerated.

Its not a matter of what if...its a what was..its a fact that we had a great piece who was doing well.

Wow, you must be a hell of personal trainer if your solution is to quit when things aren't going your way.
Posted Image

#95 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Oh if we had just gotten Gilbert Perreault instead of Dale Tallon, then every thing would be fine.
Posted Image

#96 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

Apparently I'm a little late joining the thread but.....GIVE IT A F*KN REST!

We don't have Cody Hodgson any more...IT'S OVER!!

I wish Zack Kassian could punch you all in the face...and in the stomach, then in the face again.

I have to bump this...... all the whinny little bi....need to SHUT up about HODGSON. I hope Kassian actually comes to these peoples houses and body slams them into their TV's.

1987.jpg

On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami :ph34r:

#97 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,289 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Hodgson went through some strange times in Vancouver.
Let's hope that both he and Kassian do well in the NHL,both being/have been in the Canucks family.

:canucks:

#98 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Agreed. And he wanted to be here for those people saying he wanted out. It's not his fault his parents wanted him closer to the Toronto area

Is your Mommy still breast feeding you?

#99 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

A big and tough power forward > the little Hogdson.

#100 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Who can blame CoHo for not wanting to be here..If you see no room for advancement as well as a lack of encouragement from coaching/management I would be out..
So if anybody in this form worked there butt off at a job, and wanted to advance but they would rather have someone who is injured work and does the job half ass...its a bit of a slap in the face. Bad coaching if you ask me.. Look at RG3 in the playoffs...your up 14pts and you still play someone who is 60%?? when there is someone who could play a supplemental role?? Shake your head people!!

If anything, Kesler could have played on the third with reduced minutes so the healing process can be excellerated.

Its not a matter of what if...its a what was..its a fact that we had a great piece who was doing well.

So RG3 at 60% should have been replaced, but in your mind it would be OK for a less than healed Kesler to play on the third line? Hilarious logic twist there.

#101 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

A big and tough power forward > the little Hogdson.

#102 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

Pity the OP when his first girlfriend dumps him ::D
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#103 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

It was a risk Gillis took trading away Cody and I'm sure he was well aware of this.

But trading a regular NHL'er for a fringe NHL'er doesn't look very sexy.
Posted Image

#104 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Holy crap man,get over it.I've said it before and I'll say it again.......OP you sir are a donkey HEE HAW
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#105 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Knowing AV, Hodgson would still be on the third line with Kesler and Henrik out...

I can't wait for this thread to come up again if Luongo gets traded and Schneider gets injured

Edited by monkeydluffy, 19 January 2013 - 09:03 PM.

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#106 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,846 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

"GIVE IT A F*KN REST!
IT'S OVER!!
I wish Zack Kassian could punch you all in the face...and in the stomach, then in the face again." VIC_CITY

"I have to bump this...... all the whinny little bi....need to SHUT up about HODGSON. I hope Kassian actually comes to these peoples houses and body slams them into their TV's." Vanfan73

Is it just me or do I sense anger management issues?

#107 grumpworsley

grumpworsley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Wow been six months seen I have been on here and still the same lunatic redundant threads.

#108 CRUNK

CRUNK

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

WHAT YOU MEAN THEY TRADED TREVIR LINDEN!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

To sum up: Well well, wouldn't Hod.....OH YOU JUST SHADAP!
......YOURS WITH A DEEP ABIDING RESPECT (A.K,A. I HATE YOU) .......... CRUNK

#109 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

As the title says

Why would you want Hodgson to be injured?

Otherwise, the Canucks could use Kesler's physical play... nope, not getting that from Hodgson. The Canucks could use Kesler's faceoff ability..., nope, not getting that from Hodgson. The Canucks could use Kesler's offensive ability,... not a sure bet that they'd get that from Hodgson either.

regards,
G.

Edited by Gollumpus, 19 January 2013 - 09:46 PM.

Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#110 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

The fact that Hodgson still had to play behind Kesler last season, even after Kesler was injured is mind boggling. When you have a coach as stubborn as AV, who still plays a player who's injured and isn't producing as offensively as your 3rd line rookie center, explains it all about your coach, not good enough. Hodgson would of been a perfect 2nd line center on this team and would of became better defensively to AVs system with time, but overall a better offensive 2nd line.

Come playoff time Kesler is used by AVs system as a 3rd line center basically, so why Kesler is a 2nd line center doesn't even make sense come playoff time. Come playoffs Kesler is coached as a 3rd line shut down center on normal teams who have 2 offensive lines, our 2nd line is turned into a defensive line and it's a waste. Kesler should just be on a 3rd line and Hodgson would of been perfect on our 2nd line to produce offensively. But what do you expect from a coach who is supposedly learning every year from his mistakes, but somehow he is still so good.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#111 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

Coulda used him on the second line and second unit power play... Wicked accurate passing and shot not to mention chemistry with Kassian... Oh wait.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.