The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kings just cursed themselves - LOL!

lol at you. Cup belongs to LA Kings until someone takes it from them. Until then they can parade it around in my front yard if they like. They deserve it and they own it.

And another thing. There are no such things as tooth faeries, curses, magic spells etc etc

Once the pucks drops in the first game (after the ceremony) the Kings are no longer champions.

They were 2011-12 champs, this is 12-13, defending champs yes.

Although in regards to the OP, They won it at home and every team brings the cup out and kisses it in the banner raising, Boston did it last year too, I thought it was cool they way they handed it around the rink for all the fans to see, I think you are overreacting to it.

They can do what they want.... but...

They should have had the Cup sitting at center ice - alone - separated from the team - under a spotlight - the players staring intently at it - silent, serious - think monolith, 2001 a Space Odyssey - then that dude with the weird white gloves comes and takes it away as they watch, respecting the resolve that it took to make it appear, the resolve it would take to make it re-appear...

That would exude respect, and by extension, magnify their accomplishment.

Dramatic.

That may have re-engaged the short attention span of the LA demographic.

Now it's over.

Archived