The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Computer Problems

Guest Gumballthechewy

Guest Gumballthechewy

I seem to be having computer problems of the crashing and blue screen variety. Is anyone here computer savvy and can help maybe?

Ok, so I'm running (and this is taken from right-clicking on Computer in the Start Menu and selecting Properties): Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1, Intel Core i7-2600k CPU @ 3.40GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti. (I updated my video card drivers last night)

I am using Mozilla FireFox browser.

Whenever I'm playing a game on my computer, (I've tried Minecraft, Xenonauts, the original Crysis and even Diablo II) and same thing happens, the screen with start getting little black lines flash on and off then the screen will go black and come back then finally it goes black and stays black, and the sound freezes as well, at which point I have to restart my computer and the menu comes up saying it recovered from a fatal crash or whatever and asks if I would like to start it in safe mode or not and when it fully boots up I get a message box error report that says this:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 116

BCP1: FFFFFA800D038010

BCP2: FFFFF88006414ADC

BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A

BCP4: 0000000000000004

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\011913-20857-01.dmp

C:\Users\Gumballthechewy\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-64366-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft....88&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I also have Computer Problems

Lately my Google Chrome has been crashing a lot. It'd just all of a sudden crash and say "Woah! Google Chrome has crashed. Relaunch now?"

And then it'd happen over and over and over until I have to resort to using firefox :sick:

Why is this happening?

Guest Gumballthechewy

I also have Computer Problems

Lately my Google Chrome has been crashing a lot. It'd just all of a sudden crash and say "Woah! Google Chrome has crashed. Relaunch now?"

And then it'd happen over and over and over until I have to resort to using firefox :sick:

Why is this happening?

Guest Gumballthechewy

Are you kidding me!!! Google Chrome is 10 times better than Mozilla Firefox and 100000000000000000 times better than Internet Explorer!!!!!!!!

Guest Gumballthechewy

Yeah, just swapped in my old card and it games run fine now with no crashing.

By the way, if a graphics card got literally caked in dust would that make it stop working? And if I cleaned it would it work again? Because it seemed like it was overheating as games would run fine at first and slowly things would start to go down hill then, CRASH!

Is it worth cleaning off and putting back in to see?

Archived