Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Bieber's mom produces anti-abortion short film

By CHRISTY LEMIRE | Associated Press – 23 hrs ago

http://news.yahoo.co...-010557675.html

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Justin Bieber's mother, Pattie Mallette, is an executive producer on an upcoming anti-abortion short film.

The makers of "Crescendo" hope to raise $10 million for pregnancy centers at screenings worldwide starting Feb. 28. Mallette herself will appear at some of these, said production company Movie to Movement on Friday.

The pop star's mother has written and spoken extensively about the addiction and abuse that led to her teenage pregnancy.

Mallette said in a statement she hopes her involvement with "Crescendo" will "encourage young women all over the world, just like me, to let them know that there is a place to go, people who will take care of you and a safe home to live in if you are pregnant and think you have nowhere else to turn."

Edited by dudeone, 19 January 2013 - 06:59 PM.

#2 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

bieber is a crack baby....

Posted Image

#3 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

Until I hear anything on the matter from the boy himself, I won't hold him guilty by association.

Oh, and nice admission that sonny was an accident, mom!

#4 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,752 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Here's a word of advice: if you're trying to show people why they shouldn't have abortions, don't use Bieber as an example.

#5 canuckster19

canuckster19

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,620 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

bieber is a crack baby....

No wonder he always where's sunglasses, he still has fetal drug addiction syndrome.
Posted Image
Trekkie Monster says: GO CANUCKS GO!

Please read the Board Rules

#6 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,566 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Are you sure it said anti?
biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

I got kicked out of the slut walk for trying to bid on the participants.

-BananaMash

#7 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,169 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

She should of had an abortion while she had the chance..

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#8 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,000 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

Her feelings on the subject may change when Justin gets pregnant.
Posted Image

#9 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

Here's a word of advice: if you're trying to show people why they shouldn't have abortions, don't use Bieber as an example.

Why not? Bieber is a pretty good example of the success of not having the abortion. He's rich. Who wouldn't want a rich child?

Also, why must this thread become a Bieber bashing thread?

Back on topic: I disagree with her. Abortion should be the mother-to-be's choice. Just because her teenage pregnancy worked out, doesn't mean that everyone's will.

Edited by Where's Wellwood, 20 January 2013 - 02:06 AM.

14diqh3.jpg
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
"There is a time and place for everything but not now."

http://forum.canucks...a-bros-game-on/

#10 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:38 AM

Why not? Bieber is a pretty good example of the success of not having the abortion. He's rich. Who wouldn't want a rich child?

Back on topic: I disagree with her. Abortion should be the mother-to-be's choice. Just because her teenage pregnancy worked out, doesn't mean that everyone's will.

That is the law of the land and it will not be changing anytime in the foreseeable future.
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#11 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

That is the law of the land and it will not be changing anytime in the foreseeable future.

Surprised Evangelicals and the NRA haven't suggested a platform requesting every uterus to be assigned an armed guard.
Posted Image

#12 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

I like Justin Bieber. There are probably a billion people out there who are anti-abortion. Are you really going to try and hate all of them?

I am pro-choice. I believe in the freedom to allow people to make their own decisions about their body. I also believe in the freedom for other people to voice their concerns about an issue. I understand that hearing someone's opinion doesn't mean that I am being forced to agree with it.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#13 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 26,092 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

"Don't get an abortion. Your kid could be the next Justin Bieber"

Is that really the best tagline to go with lol?
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#14 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

I like Justin Bieber. There are probably a billion people out there who are anti-abortion. Are you really going to try and hate all of them?

I am pro-choice. I believe in the freedom to allow people to make their own decisions about their body. I also believe in the freedom for other people to voice their concerns about an issue. I understand that hearing someone's opinion doesn't mean that I am being forced to agree with it.

I think it is pretty clear than any real hate for anti-abortionists should be limited to those related to Justin Bieber.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

#15 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Or perhaps...

Get an abortion. Your kid be the next Adam Lanza or James Holmes.

#16 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

That blurb sounded more like she was encouraging people not to have abortions, rather than trying to change any laws. Don't know why even pro-choice types would have a problem with that. She is after all just trying to influence their choice. But reactionaries come in all flavors.

And, as there is some Bieber bashing going on, I guess its time to remind people once again that: a) that girl still probably wouldn't like you if Bieber didn't exist and he's not a threat to you. B) its very likely that at least one band you listen to (and probably more) has less talent than him.

#17 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

Because most of these Bieber haters look up to different role models like Micheal Vike, Whitney Houston, Micheal Jackson, OJ Simpson, 2Pac.......

And the fact the kid has tons of money and their wives, girlfriends, boyfriends would dump them in a heartbeat for a date with the Bieber. LOL
You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

I know this. I'm never wrong.

#18 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Mallette said in a statement she hopes her involvement with "Crescendo" will "encourage young women all over the world, just like me, to let them know that there is a place to go, people who will take care of you and a safe home to live in if you are pregnant and think you have nowhere else to turn."

What a horrible mission statement. /sarcasm

If this is all the video is promoting, why should Mallette be vilified? The statement quoted above isn't saying anything that someone from a pro-choice perspective wouldn't also say.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#19 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

What a horrible mission statement. /sarcasm

If this is all the video is promoting, why should Mallette be vilified? The statement quoted above isn't saying anything that someone from a pro-choice perspective wouldn't also say.

That is a statement that does not apply in much of the world.

#20 dudeone

dudeone

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Justin Bieber Flashes Bare Butt In Instagram Photo

http://news.yahoo.com/justin-bieber-flashes-bare-butt-instagram-photo-173500030.html

Access Hollywood – 4 hrs ago

Justin Bieber's got back.

Following a rough spell for the pop superstar (he and girlfriend Selena Gomez recently split, then there was the alleged pot-smoking photo scandal, followed by the paparazzo killed while trying to shoot picture's of the singer's car), Justin posted a photo of himself mooning the camera to his Instagram account on Saturday.

The picture was quickly deleted, but not before it hit 86,000 likes - you can see the photo HERE.

The Biebs' manager, Scooter Braun, took to Twitter to joke about the cheeky photo (using perhaps the best hashtag of the week), writing, "as a prankster u have to respect another good prank. only makes sense. #crackdealer"

The "Beauty and the Beat" singer kept his reply short and sweet, Tweeting, "Haha."

And it seems Justin is getting quite comfortable in his adult skin.

In addition to sharing his backside-baring pic, the singer stripped off his shirt during his Nashville concert on Friday night, showing off his red boxer briefs and leaving little to the imagination as the waistband of his pants was sagging far below his waist. See the photo HERE.

-- Erin O'Sullivan

#21 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

That is a statement that does not apply in much of the world.

Does that make it wrong or something?

#22 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

Does that make it wrong or something?

Nope just ignorant and presumptuous like many statements from anti-abortionists.

#23 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

Nope just ignorant and presumptuous like many statements from anti-abortionists.

Ignorant of what? Presumptuous about what? I don't like the hard line pro-lifers at all, but I see nothing wrong with trying to persuade people to choose keeping a baby over getting an abortion. Why be so reactionary and rigid about your view? If it comes out that she's another hard liner then fine. But based on her statement and your reaction to it, its you that are sounding like a hard liner.

#24 MillerGenuineDraft

MillerGenuineDraft

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

What's with all of this hate on Justin Bieber. If you don't like his music, that's one thing. He's probably got a nicer income than everyone on CDC.
At least he's singing about love and all that other stuff kid's should be dreaming about. Nothing about drugs, sex and money like 90% of the musicians that teenagers listen to.
MILLERGENUINEDRAFT

#25 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Ignorant of what? Presumptuous about what? I don't like the hard line pro-lifers at all, but I see nothing wrong with trying to persuade people to choose keeping a baby over getting an abortion. Why be so reactionary and rigid about your view? If it comes out that she's another hard liner then fine. But based on her statement and your reaction to it, its you that are sounding like a hard liner.

Ignorant of the world in general and presumptuous to believe what goes on here applies to the rest of the world.

My view is the opposite of "reactionary" and I am far from a hardliner.

#26 G.K. Chesterton

G.K. Chesterton

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,082 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Good for her. Hopefully this film will inspire people to take a closer look at the issue and realize what a gift life is.
“Reason is itself a matter of faith. It is an act of faith to assert that our thoughts have any relation to reality at all.” - G.K. Chesterton

“Unbelief is as much of a choice as belief is. What makes it in many ways more appealing is that whereas to believe in something requires some measure of understanding and effort, not to believe doesn't require much of anything at all.” - Frederick Buechner

“All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful.” - Flannery O'Connor

“My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?” - C.S. Lewis

#27 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Well put, and it mirrors another popular debate here.

#28 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Well put, and it mirrors another popular debate here.

It is mistakenly put.

#29 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Ignorant of the world in general and presumptuous to believe what goes on here applies to the rest of the world.

My view is the opposite of "reactionary" and I am far from a hardliner.

You know what? substitute "knee-jerk" for "reactionary". I didn't mean to imply ultra conservative. I use the words interchangeably and maybe thats wrong.

With overly generalized answers like that, how am I supposed to think of your response as anything but a knee-jerk reaction? I've read a lot of your posts, and I'm aware that you are a smart guy, and passionate about certain issues and all. So I know you are capable of a better answer then you gave. So why should I think about it as anything else but "I'm pro life and she's pro choice so its wrong cuz shes on the other side"?

Hell, maybe I am not a typical pro-choicer. I am not pro choice because I think abortions are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Its because I think having them illegal is worse for society than having them legal. If you try to make them unavailable I have a problem with that. If you try to talk someone out of getting one I don't.

#30 Dral

Dral

Puts the Dr in Drunk

• Members
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

That blurb sounded more like she was encouraging people not to have abortions, rather than trying to change any laws. Don't know why even pro-choice types would have a problem with that. She is after all just trying to influence their choice. But reactionaries come in all flavors.

Yeah

I'm completely against the idea of abortion in a lot of cases. I think it's horrible that we live in a society that thinks abortion is an acceptable option - that being said, I'm also very much pro-choice. WHAT? how can that be? I recognize that its a necessity but that doesn't mean I like it.

For me, the solution isn't to make abortions illegal, its to make other options more preferable through education and support. I know a lot of girls who've had abortions because they had ZERO support and felt they had no other option - and their decision has left a deep scar on them psychologically.

Kudos to Bieb's mom if this is what shes doing... but even I can't resist a good Bieber joke

Edited by Dral, 21 January 2013 - 12:29 AM.

Actually Vig don't Kill Dral, I believe him to mafia enough that I have dealt with him myself. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.