The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Canucks Opening

Brendan Gaunce

Wow, that is WEAK.

The Canucks are usually good at putting intros together and I was expecting something amazing for this first game after the lockout but this is so underwhelming. I hate that they changed 'Streets', the one thing that gave an identity to this team but the video was horrible too. It didn't pump me up or get me emotional. Really disappointing.

Please DJ Dave, bring U2 back. This crap isn't half as good.

Edit: So they're going to try some new intros until they find the right one? They ALREADY had the right one. Stick with the one we've had for years. Nothing will top that and there was nothing wrong with it.

it was absolutely brutal, and it and the rest of the music choices contributed to a building that was shockingly quiet right from the outset. a home opener after a half season long lockout in a canadian market that has had 400+ consecutive "sellouts" should probably be pretty loud.

my gut tells me that every aspect of this team is past it's expiry date. the core is so stale and the complete lack of new blood from the management on down has left the fans just as complacent as the team.

wow... that horrible ice capades crap along with mclachlan I was beginning to wonder if this was real life?

Give me a break. Dont try and fix something thats not broken. Our team is pretty much unchanged, so leave everything else alone and try not to make what other's call a "bitch" team, even worse. What next, tootoo's and glitter? SMH :picard:

As I stated in that other thread, I still get chills when I hear the U2 intro... more so LIVE with the crowd pumping it up.

If change is being contiplated on, I would stick with the U2 intro for the playoffs. It's truly epic with towel power. Even with CBC broadcasting it in 5.1/7.1 HD. Since ideas are being thrown around of what our next intro would be like, mesh the following two songs together into a Canuck like intro with the current video/light spectacle and there would be my invision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kD8sxIjVuc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Most importantly, lets support our boys!

That was awefull, and U2 is almost as bad. Use something with more energy and a beat. Something heavy, Metallica, Motorhead, even any Rush song would be better than that crap we heard lastnight.

Check out Dallas Stars opening, they had Pantera write a song just for their opening.

I want music that is created by an artist, not something done on a computer. Not many singers around these days that can play an instrument. Whats the name of the drummer in that opening intro?

I think the problem DJ Dave is having is that he wants to be ORIGINAL. Now he did find a gem with "Where the streets have no name" back how ever many years ago, and now that people want change he is trying to find a solution. So i guess that means he can't just play a generic rock song like AC/DC like some teams play because it isnt original. Hopefully he finds something really awesome, or if not just go back to U2. Also http://www.fortnucks.com/post/40977857285/nu2 states that this random crappy techno mix song isn't the only song they're trying, so we'll see tonight against the oilers...

Also, DJ Dave why did you change the organ!?!?!? it's changed to some different sort of tone that sounds very cheesy...

anyways, let's just hope for the best, both for the team and the intro

Archived