The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New Canucks Opening

Brendan Gaunce

Fair enough with respect to the seahawks. The one thing that is different though is how loud their fans get. I've only been to one game in Seattle (an easy win because colts played their backups in the second half) and it was way louder than any Canucks game I've been at, playoffs included.

Maybe you missed it but I agree with you in keeping U2! I know what you mean about the connection as I made it to the second game against Chicago that year. I just meant that IF they change the intro (shouldn't) it should be to something that isn't softer than a Chris Tanev slapshot haha. I realize my suggestion is generic, but this isn't art class and there aren't bonus points for being creative. Those kind of songs are popular because they pump up the players and also the fans

I always thought I'd be so happy to see the end of U2 being played at the intro to the game and representing this team and melodying us to sleep and then they played this?????????????????????

Seriously! How the hell does this organization continue to miss the mark on something that should be so simple???

sound:

Ok....that sucked. Cheezy tinny cheap sounding tunes that sound like they were made up a week before in someones Mom's basement with a Casio. Its almost as if the "braintrust" in head office told DJ Dave to come up with something on his own...something "electronic" because that's what all the kids listen to these days. Total fail. But please......no more U2!....I can't believe how many unimaginative posters on here that think the only good choice, after that debacle, is going back to that tired old tune by U2. I'm with others that say kick it up a notch...AC DC or RATM

graphics:

And the graphics were just as bad. Way too busy. Too many photos flashing on and off. If they were simply abstract images or stylized it might be ok, but actual photos? That kind of dizzying display turns into a headache on ice. I did like the ice lines catching fire at the start...that was promising. They should lose all those snapshots and just make up a great animation. Why not fuse in some of that Olympic ceremony stuff with the whales swimming and surfacing with those flaming lines. Then breaking through the ice...it would relate to their logo at least.

This is just awful (Sorry, DJ Dave). STICK WITH U2!!!

It would be awesome if they changed everything back to the way it was in the 2010.11 season. The entrance song (WTSHNN) with the goal song (Holiday). I love the goal song we have now, but Holiday was even better, in my opinion. Both songs give me goosebumps whenever I hear them!

U2 energizes the crowd perfectly (especially during the playoffs with TOWEL POWER!!!). The song starts off slow and calm and starts building up with the sirens. I think it gets a lot of fans into it.

Archived