The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Players that frustrate me. They need to read this post-game and smarten up.

Thirty Niner

Kassian - All hype, all bark, no bite. Soft. Showed good discipline early on tonight though.

Bieksa - Done nothing since the 2011 San Jose game winning goal. Dude puts on this "I'm Kevin Bieksa face" but is afraid to get his feet wet in the corners. Didn't respond with anything when Sedin was knocked out last year.

Booth - Too busy working on his twitter fan base to work on his shot accuracy.

Hamhuis - Like Bieksa, this guy is supposed to be a defenseman. USE YOUR BODY, HIT, OR DO SOMETHING.

Wiese - This guy skates around and doesn't do much. Can I have Raffi Torres back please?

e

Discuss.

LOL this is awesome, this sort of thing is exactly what we need. If everyone plays like total crap for a good month or so it'll get the fans off the backs of everyone involved with this franchise, settle things down a little. It's perfect. Guys like this, micro-analyzing a random game in January, that's what's wrong with this city, that's what's wrong with this franchise. This game means nothing, nothing, it's a pre-season game. They're all preseason games, this whole season is a free play right up until the playoffs start, so long as we keep reasonable pace we are fine. What's the good in pressing to get 1st overall when you can run into a buzzsaw 8th seed, right? Better to relax and take it easy some games, get a feel for this weird season before doing anything too drastic, better to just let it ride.

Really?

AV didn't give that "2nd" line much ice tonight, how can you blame kassian.

Hamhuis is not a big physical defensemen, he is a smaller smarts d man, its not his game to just throw hit after hit...

Weiss had a hell of a game tonight, even though his shots were muffins from no mans land, at least he was firing them.

Ok I'm tired of responding to you being rediculous.

It's posts like this crap from Thirty Niner that show who are true fans and who are fairweather fans. One game. That is all this was.

If only the Canucks fanbase could rid themselves of d-bags who whine and b!tch and demand a trade after any loss and blame goaltenders for everything, we would be ok. And not the supposed goalie graveyard we are.

Everybody is attributing my thread to today's game, which isn't necessarily the case. This team was knocked out of the first round of the playoffs.

It seems to me that the majority of people posting are satisfied / content with a soft brand of hockey. That is what this is. Players like Bieksa need to show emotion, they need to be role players, they need to deliver and absorb the punishment that earn them their salaries.

I'm making several good points.

I know Booth is injured, obviously, my point being the guy is too pre-occupied with generating attention off the ice (i.e. trolling with his stupid "I killed a bear video") when he is a mediocre hockey player at best until he shows otherwise. I don't care if he is Kesler's best friend away from the ice. For the good of the franchise they need to toughen up and Booth hasn't brought much more to the rink with him than missed opportunities and phantom injuries on an ongoing basis. Fair criticsm.

Those of you looking at my thread as a post-game vent are completely wrong. If you want to sit back and watch the exact same soft team falter another season more power to you. However I'm a person to embrace change. I want to watch hard hitting, fast-paced gritty hockey games. I want to see a response. I want to see somebody STAND UP for the captain of the team when he gets completely rag dolled by some other teams' goon. I want to see Maxim Lapierre be an agitator, consisting of more than his dumb smile which doesn't help win hockey games. I want to see a tough, Canadian brand of hockey that this team is not delivering on.

Go ahead, embrace a soft team that gets walked all over. If you want to see what happens look no further than the LA series. One individual does not make up a team. They lost as a team and it is time the players we have deliver on their roles or serious changes are made.

I agree but this team now has a tougher fourth line and when Kassian gets it together he will fit the third line bill.

I hate it when Bieksa stands there doing nothing because the man is not a Lidstrom,or even holds a candle to Dan Hamhuis.

Call Ballard whatever you want but the man has his mates back.Can't say that about Bieksa and so you stop expecting him to protect his team.

Having the Sedins rag dolled and the Gillis.refusing to acquire a legitimate ,talented top six role player over five seasons is really mind boggling.

Archived