Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Players that frustrate me. They need to read this post-game and smarten up.

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#31 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Kassian - All hype, all bark, no bite. Soft. Showed good discipline early on tonight though.
Bieksa - Done nothing since the 2011 San Jose game winning goal. Dude puts on this "I'm Kevin Bieksa face" but is afraid to get his feet wet in the corners. Didn't respond with anything when Sedin was knocked out last year.
Booth - Too busy working on his twitter fan base to work on his shot accuracy.
Hamhuis - Like Bieksa, this guy is supposed to be a defenseman. USE YOUR BODY, HIT, OR DO SOMETHING.
Wiese - This guy skates around and doesn't do much. Can I have Raffi Torres back please?
e

Discuss.

We get it, you hate the team, just delete your account and stop watching then. You won't be missed.
Posted Image

#32 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

LOL this is awesome, this sort of thing is exactly what we need. If everyone plays like total crap for a good month or so it'll get the fans off the backs of everyone involved with this franchise, settle things down a little. It's perfect. Guys like this, micro-analyzing a random game in January, that's what's wrong with this city, that's what's wrong with this franchise. This game means nothing, nothing, it's a pre-season game. They're all preseason games, this whole season is a free play right up until the playoffs start, so long as we keep reasonable pace we are fine. What's the good in pressing to get 1st overall when you can run into a buzzsaw 8th seed, right? Better to relax and take it easy some games, get a feel for this weird season before doing anything too drastic, better to just let it ride.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#33 WeDreamOfStanley

WeDreamOfStanley

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

Really?

AV didn't give that "2nd" line much ice tonight, how can you blame kassian.

Hamhuis is not a big physical defensemen, he is a smaller smarts d man, its not his game to just throw hit after hit...

Weiss had a hell of a game tonight, even though his shots were muffins from no mans land, at least he was firing them.

Ok I'm tired of responding to you being rediculous.

#34 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,722 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

You people seriously need to chill. This is game 1 of 48.

#35 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

It's posts like this crap from Thirty Niner that show who are true fans and who are fairweather fans. One game. That is all this was.

If only the Canucks fanbase could rid themselves of d-bags who whine and b!tch and demand a trade after any loss and blame goaltenders for everything, we would be ok. And not the supposed goalie graveyard we are.
Posted Image

#36 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

This is why we can't have nice things have a GDT/PGT.

#signsthelockoutisover

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#37 Thirty Niner

Thirty Niner

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

Everybody is attributing my thread to today's game, which isn't necessarily the case. This team was knocked out of the first round of the playoffs.

It seems to me that the majority of people posting are satisfied / content with a soft brand of hockey. That is what this is. Players like Bieksa need to show emotion, they need to be role players, they need to deliver and absorb the punishment that earn them their salaries.

I'm making several good points.

I know Booth is injured, obviously, my point being the guy is too pre-occupied with generating attention off the ice (i.e. trolling with his stupid "I killed a bear video") when he is a mediocre hockey player at best until he shows otherwise. I don't care if he is Kesler's best friend away from the ice. For the good of the franchise they need to toughen up and Booth hasn't brought much more to the rink with him than missed opportunities and phantom injuries on an ongoing basis. Fair criticsm.

Those of you looking at my thread as a post-game vent are completely wrong. If you want to sit back and watch the exact same soft team falter another season more power to you. However I'm a person to embrace change. I want to watch hard hitting, fast-paced gritty hockey games. I want to see a response. I want to see somebody STAND UP for the captain of the team when he gets completely rag dolled by some other teams' goon. I want to see Maxim Lapierre be an agitator, consisting of more than his dumb smile which doesn't help win hockey games. I want to see a tough, Canadian brand of hockey that this team is not delivering on.

Go ahead, embrace a soft team that gets walked all over. If you want to see what happens look no further than the LA series. One individual does not make up a team. They lost as a team and it is time the players we have deliver on their roles or serious changes are made.

Edited by Thirty Niner, 20 January 2013 - 01:21 AM.

#38 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,843 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

I agree but this team now has a tougher fourth line and when Kassian gets it together he will fit the third line bill.

I hate it when Bieksa stands there doing nothing because the man is not a Lidstrom,or even holds a candle to Dan Hamhuis.

Call Ballard whatever you want but the man has his mates back.Can't say that about Bieksa and so you stop expecting him to protect his team.

Having the Sedins rag dolled and the Gillis.refusing to acquire a legitimate ,talented top six role player over five seasons is really mind boggling.

#39 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

It's a good thing fans aren't GM's otherwise half the team would be traded after every loss.

They just need to accept the fact Canucks lost the opening game, and be cognizant of the fact Canucks can win most of the remaining forty-seven games to clinch a playoff seed.
Posted Image

#40 Goalscorer

Goalscorer

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

Please relax. Yes, it was a stinker and we will not see a performance like this again for some time. Any positives tonight.. I liked Weise and think that we are going to take a liking to Volpatti. Not sure about Kassian, dude isn't aggresive by nature.

#41 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

Please relax. Yes, it was a stinker and we will not see a performance like this again for some time. Any positives tonight.. I liked Weise and think that we are going to take a liking to Volpatti. Not sure about Kassian, dude isn't aggresive by nature.

Kassian has some speed, and he is a good skater, I think.
Posted Image

#42 Goalscorer

Goalscorer

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

Yes he has good wheels and pretty good hands for a big guy. Was hoping for a little more bite.. he probably drove Lindy Ruff crazy.

#43 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,516 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:18 AM

The more I see Kassian, the more I think he'd be perfect with the twins. His passing is really underrated.

Voplatti played great tonight, as did the 3rd line, which is going to have to be the 2nd line til our guys are back.

D coverage, however., was horrible. Wouldn't be surprised to see both Ballard and Tanev n the press box tomorrow. They wren't much worse than our top 4, but that's just how it is.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#44 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Kassian, Vandermeer, and Weise are three guys willing to throw down, as proof of Kassian's pounding on Eager tonight. Add a guy like Vandermeer into the mix and you have a couple of bonafide bruisers that will answer the bell. I agree with the point on Bieksa though. You can't count on him to do it.
Posted Image

#45 Thirty Niner

Thirty Niner

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

Once again when I created this thread it had much to do with games like tonight.

The Canucks are so badly outmatched physically. Watching our players flop all over the ice as they did against St Louis and as they're doing tonight is embarassing.

Why do they have Weise and Volpatti on the roster? These guys are amateurs.

Kassian being young is not a good enough excuse. Tarasenko is young. Yakupov is young. They're better players. The way Kassian has played lately he would be a good fit on the Wolves.

The Canucks need ROLE PLAYERS. The team is soft. Kassian's presence has done crap all to deter teams from taking liberties. Same can be said about tough guy Bieksa. Not to mention the defense can't even hold the puck in the zone on the powerplay.

Lapierre has been useless this year.

I still say they need a legit roleplayer, like Torres. i.e. Bollig has taken his toll all night. Lappy has done crap.

I know they're in O.T. but still.

Edited by Thirty Niner, 19 February 2013 - 09:22 PM.

#46 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

You are a big whiner.

Obviously every one of those players who are actually playing against your TEAM 1040 Canucks Suicide Line hyperbole, will be totally reading this.

Booo frickin hoo.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#47 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Dear OP,

I could take your post more seriously if you didn't have a pic of Dan Cloutier in your Roberto Luongo signature.

#48 Thirty Niner

Thirty Niner

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Saying they had a better team before Kassian, Booth and Dale Weise is whining or fact? I am confused. This soft ass team doesn't seem headed toward playoff success.

#49 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,345 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

Saying they had a better team before Kassian, Booth and Dale Weise is whining or fact? I am confused. This soft ass team doesn't seem headed toward playoff success.

So, where were you during our six game winning streak?

Go back under your bridge troll

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#50 Thirty Niner

Thirty Niner

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

And a President's Trophy will amount to playoff success? Lol 6 game win streak my ass. Losing in the 1st round is not acceptable.

Edited by Thirty Niner, 19 February 2013 - 09:52 PM.

#51 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,158 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

And a President's Trophy will amount to playoff success? Lol 6 game win streak my ass. Losing in the 1st round is not acceptable.

The fact is you created this thread after the first game of the season. One game. After a months long lockout so most of our team was rusty. Then you bump it after we lose in a shootout to the hottest team in the league.

Where were you when Kassian was scoring his goals? Where were you during our 6 game winning streak?
Posted Image
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
My old sig: http://tinypic.com/v...=5#.UlSrrlAWJ7U

#52 Thirty Niner

Thirty Niner

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

The fact is you created this thread after the first game of the season. One game. After a months long lockout so most of our team was rusty. Then you bump it after we lose in a shootout to the hottest team in the league.

Where were you when Kassian was scoring his goals? Where were you during our 6 game winning streak?

You're asking me where I was when these certain events happened, which is like asking me where I was when the Canucks lost in the first round and where I was when Daniel Sedin was knocked senseless with 0 reaction from his teammates. I don't know where I was but the reality is, none of these events have correlation to the Canucks making it past the first round this year. If the team is unwilling to lay it all on the line and win hard physical battles it won't happen.

#53 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

You are clearly a teenager.

Whats your PSN tag?

Ill totally kick yr butt on NHL 13 with those players.

AAAAAAAAAAnd...they will obviously try and watch it, when i invite them to peek in.

Posted Image

#54 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,158 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

You're asking me where I was when these certain events happened, which is like asking me where I was when the Canucks lost in the first round and where I was when Daniel Sedin was knocked senseless with 0 reaction from his teammates. I don't know where I was but the reality is, none of these events have correlation to the Canucks making it past the first round this year. If the team is unwilling to lay it all on the line and win hard physical battles it won't happen.

We were facing the Kings who flipped the metaphorical switch once the playoffs started. It wasn't like we weren't tough enough, and the Kings were exposed the next round. The Kings were clearly dominant and it wasn't only the Canucks who had a problem with them.

As for Daniel getting knocked senseless, are you referring to Marchand using him as a punching bag? Because I agree that there should've been some reaction but this was during the finals when the Canucks were damned if they do, damned if they don't with regards to standing up for themselves. They don't and the fans bitch about it. They do and the refs slam them with retaliation penalties. By that point the team didn't know what would be penalized and what wouldn't. Besides, most of the time that punching bag act won't happen. Decent human beings don't do that just because they can. Marchand's a little punk.

Plus, the Canucks won't be playing teams like the Blues, or the Ducks, or the Hawks in the first round. So while the Canucks do need to get it together, we're perfectly capable of getting past the first round as we are now.
Posted Image
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
My old sig: http://tinypic.com/v...=5#.UlSrrlAWJ7U

#55 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

We were facing the Kings who flipped the metaphorical switch once the playoffs started. It wasn't like we weren't tough enough, and the Kings were exposed the next round. The Kings were clearly dominant and it wasn't only the Canucks who had a problem with them.

As for Daniel getting knocked senseless, are you referring to Marchand using him as a punching bag? Because I agree that there should've been some reaction but this was during the finals when the Canucks were damned if they do, damned if they don't with regards to standing up for themselves. They don't and the fans bitch about it. They do and the refs slam them with retaliation penalties. By that point the team didn't know what would be penalized and what wouldn't. Besides, most of the time that punching bag act won't happen. Decent human beings don't do that just because they can. Marchand's a little punk.

Plus, the Canucks won't be playing teams like the Blues, or the Ducks, or the Hawks in the first round. So while the Canucks do need to get it together, we're perfectly capable of getting past the first round as we are now.

Amazeballs, sincerely, i wish this was pinned.

Just so all the minority "WE NEED AN ENFORCER WE ARE TOO SOFT", fictional hyperbole will cease.

I loathe Canuck fans that watch too much UFC.

Posted Image

#56 Thirty Niner

Thirty Niner

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

Amazeballs, sincerely, i wish this was pinned.

Just so all the minority "WE NEED AN ENFORCER WE ARE TOO SOFT", fictional hyperbole will cease.

I loathe Canuck fans that watch too much UFC.

An enfocer isn't necessary. A roleplayer (i.e. Prust) would be nice. It would also help if the players we have stepped it up to defend their teammates?

#57 winthecup

winthecup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

I thought Bieksa had a decent game. In my opnion it was Edler who was the shakiest and made the most poor decisions out of the bunch....Edler kind of made up for it with his PP goal though.

#58 marleau_12

marleau_12

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

Kassian being young is not a good enough excuse. Tarasenko is young. Yakupov is young. They're better players. The way Kassian has played lately he would be a good fit on the Wolves.

Hahahahahahahahhaha. Comparing Kassian to Yakupov hahahaha.Yea they basically play the same game hahahha.
Posted Image

#59 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

I would add Kesler to the list.. He's been back what 3 games and already a diving call tonight, and to be honest i thought he embellished on the boarding call against St.Louis. When will he ever learn. Its embarrassing and only hurts himself and the team. He can forget about any calls going his way that's for sure. He's quickly getting a rap as one the worst offenders in the league. So wish he would cut that out but i don't think he'll ever change.

#60 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

Garrison: please hit net with shot. Please make a good pass out of our zone.
Ryan Louganis: just stop
Lappiere: another awesome penalty there bud. You were better before the Roids.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.