The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Players that frustrate me. They need to read this post-game and smarten up.

Thirty Niner

The more I see Kassian, the more I think he'd be perfect with the twins. His passing is really underrated.

Voplatti played great tonight, as did the 3rd line, which is going to have to be the 2nd line til our guys are back.

D coverage, however., was horrible. Wouldn't be surprised to see both Ballard and Tanev n the press box tomorrow. They wren't much worse than our top 4, but that's just how it is.

Kassian, Vandermeer, and Weise are three guys willing to throw down, as proof of Kassian's pounding on Eager tonight. Add a guy like Vandermeer into the mix and you have a couple of bonafide bruisers that will answer the bell. I agree with the point on Bieksa though. You can't count on him to do it.

• 5 weeks later...

Once again when I created this thread it had much to do with games like tonight.

The Canucks are so badly outmatched physically. Watching our players flop all over the ice as they did against St Louis and as they're doing tonight is embarassing.

Why do they have Weise and Volpatti on the roster? These guys are amateurs.

Kassian being young is not a good enough excuse. Tarasenko is young. Yakupov is young. They're better players. The way Kassian has played lately he would be a good fit on the Wolves.

The Canucks need ROLE PLAYERS. The team is soft. Kassian's presence has done crap all to deter teams from taking liberties. Same can be said about tough guy Bieksa. Not to mention the defense can't even hold the puck in the zone on the powerplay.

Lapierre has been useless this year.

I still say they need a legit roleplayer, like Torres. i.e. Bollig has taken his toll all night. Lappy has done crap.

I know they're in O.T. but still.

The fact is you created this thread after the first game of the season. One game. After a months long lockout so most of our team was rusty. Then you bump it after we lose in a shootout to the hottest team in the league.

Where were you when Kassian was scoring his goals? Where were you during our 6 game winning streak?

You're asking me where I was when these certain events happened, which is like asking me where I was when the Canucks lost in the first round and where I was when Daniel Sedin was knocked senseless with 0 reaction from his teammates. I don't know where I was but the reality is, none of these events have correlation to the Canucks making it past the first round this year. If the team is unwilling to lay it all on the line and win hard physical battles it won't happen.

We were facing the Kings who flipped the metaphorical switch once the playoffs started. It wasn't like we weren't tough enough, and the Kings were exposed the next round. The Kings were clearly dominant and it wasn't only the Canucks who had a problem with them.

As for Daniel getting knocked senseless, are you referring to Marchand using him as a punching bag? Because I agree that there should've been some reaction but this was during the finals when the Canucks were damned if they do, damned if they don't with regards to standing up for themselves. They don't and the fans bitch about it. They do and the refs slam them with retaliation penalties. By that point the team didn't know what would be penalized and what wouldn't. Besides, most of the time that punching bag act won't happen. Decent human beings don't do that just because they can. Marchand's a little punk.

Plus, the Canucks won't be playing teams like the Blues, or the Ducks, or the Hawks in the first round. So while the Canucks do need to get it together, we're perfectly capable of getting past the first round as we are now.

I would add Kesler to the list.. He's been back what 3 games and already a diving call tonight, and to be honest i thought he embellished on the boarding call against St.Louis. When will he ever learn. Its embarrassing and only hurts himself and the team. He can forget about any calls going his way that's for sure. He's quickly getting a rap as one the worst offenders in the league. So wish he would cut that out but i don't think he'll ever change.

Archived