The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Starts Tomorrow?

CanucksFanMike

Who Starts Tomorrow?  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It doesn't matter now does it? Whoever starts is AV's business and as team fans, we should just accept it. Okay well obviously with a complaint here and there but guys (and girls)... we have the two best goalies working back to back. It doesn't really matter. I'm not a fan of Scneider being #1 goalie only because I support Luongo through thick and thin. Just because he choked a few times doesn't mean or make him a bad goalie.

I just have to post this here because I am sick and tired of people talking crap about our players!

What happened to team spirit guys? Seriously? Where did it all go? Why is negativity taking over?

Roberto Luongo is a HUMAN BEING, he's not a droid or a 'bot or whatever you want to call those machines. He's a HUMAN BEING, a normal one at that, we all choke once or twice in a while, that just proves that we're still human, not some high tech machinery/robot created to be undefeat-able.

People always seem to forget about the good in Luongo, always and constantly flippin' bringing up the failures he had made. Seriously guys? SERIOUSLY?

Hockey is back, but where is the team spirit? WHERE DID THE POSITIVE THOUGHTS GO?

--------------------------------------

Problem right now really isn't about how good our goalies are, it's the rest of the team. What happened to the tough spirit we once had? They better pick up the pace, I expect to see Burrows, Lapierre, Bieksa and even Kassian to perform better than they had last night.

So regardless of who AV picks to be the starting goalie, shouldn't WE as fans just accept it and pray that the rest of the team play as well as the goalies?

Cheers to a good game tonight, I'll be sitting there cheering EVERY team member on, even coach too. Just because I believe everyone is equal and no one should be picking on any team members and dumping the trash on them. I will proudly wear my team tee tonight. Whether we win or lose, Canucks are still my team.

They'd really be messing with Scheid's psyche if they didn't start him. This is a rather unique/delicate situation but I think the decision's been made and you have to stick with it and show CS you have faith in him by allowing him to start. If not, it's a bit of a mess as the lines are blurred. Love the way Lu refers to him as "the kid"...for me, it's a term of endearment that shows he's fully in support of CS and handling this extremely well. Class act, all the way.

One reason I would lean towards Schneider is that he's played more hockey up to this point.

See this is the problem that has been created by all the extreme focus and criticism of Luongo over the years. If people were more reasonable with all the Luongo stuff this wouldn't be the circus that it's become. But because of the mountain that has been created out of the mole hill that baggage is now being passed on to Schneider.

AV will go with Luongo. He isn't one for big gutsy decisions and after starting Schneids yesterday, giving Luongo the gig tonight makes the most sense.

Still, I would be tempted to play Schneider to give him a chance to bounce back from last night's embarrassment. Some of those goals were a bit soft, but it happens and the defence was as much to blame as he was.

What happens if Luongo goes out and posts a shutout now though?

I'm certain AV would go back with Schneider next game, which he should as Schneids has been designated as starter and deserves the chance to rebound, but all the pressure in the world would be on him to match Luongo's performance. And if he were to have a bad game again, then things could get ugly.

this has nothing to do with what happened last night but the bottom line is luongo>schneider, at least right now at this point in schneid's career.

luongo

-most wins of any canucks goalie

-back to back presidents cup trophies

-won a gold medal for Canada IN Vancouver

-took us to game 7 of scf, the last goalie to do that is a god in this city

Schneider

-tons of potential

The way fans and media have dealt with the goaltending issue is ludicrous. If MG trades Lou and annoints Schneid's #1 then he is gambling. If it doesn't work, he should and probably will be fired for letting the most fickle fan base in the nhl pick his goalie for him.

Aaaaand, what do I know? They're going with Lu (although my guess is that this was a pre-determined decision based on back to backs and that's probably best...to have it fairly laid out unless the situation dictates, like last night).

Archived