Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cmpunk

PGT - Canucks 2 Ducks 7

Schneider was terrible but I'm sure he'll bounceback. Ebbett is a role player not a second line centre. All in all the effort was a little uninspired and the play was sloppy. We're missing a few key pieces.

It's not like they haven't had the odd poor game in the last two President Cup winning seasons. Home against Chicago, on the road in Minnesota. There was a lot of focus on tonight so it just feels bigger than it is.

Everyone step back from the cliff.

As someone who hates the Ducks with a passion, I have to say "Well, that sucked."

I'm also concerned about the next game because not only have Edmonton's core players kept playing, they've been playing together during the lockout. If the Nucks play the same way they did last night, they won't be able to stop the hotshots and goals will get through. It won't be fun.

I do think that after the Edmonton game we'll see a turnaround. They'll be able to get real practices in after the games so they'll be better able to adjust.

In the meantime the focus has to be defense. Scoring will come but a 0%PK (yes I know it's just one game, but still a 0%PK) is a huge problem. I do think both Schneids and Lu will be better going forward, but the D has to step up and play better. Baby steps, I think if they can kill off their first penalty tonight against Edmonton then things could look good. But it's getting that first successful kill that's going to be the trick.

any one exited about Dale Weise this guy is going to surprise a lot of people i think.

He looks fast has the power forward style of going hard to the net with the puck.

i think he gets a chance this year moving up off the 4th line.

I hope our defence gets an Identity soon because they looked horrid as a group a few shinning lights but overall meh.

forward looked like they were getting some good chances but so much missed plays because of bad timing (this will improve with a few more games).

I liked seeing Kassian planted in front of the net.. that is a start. He looked good for the most part but he doesn't seem 100% comfortable in the defensive zone yet...

Guest Gumballthechewy

Both teams had the same amount of time to prepare for last night's game but only one team was actually prepared to play. Too often this team is unprepared for important games. Going with the same line-up; the same philosophy of how to play the game and treat young players: the same system etc and expecting a breakthough in results is wishful thinking.

What was it Einstein said?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Guest Gumballthechewy

all in all crap game by guys you don't expect to have crap games, but I see that as a good thing because you know they'll get they stuff together. The players I was iffy about all played well, aside from AE, and I think that bodes well for the season.