The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT - Canucks 2 Ducks 7

cmpunk

Ebbett was brutal. He centered the 2nd line and did nothing, also had PP and PK minutes, which obviously didn't make things better.

Defense didn't look good as well. Yes, Schneider allowed some bad goals, but the guys in front of him wasn't better at all.

Our 4th line was surprisingly good, I really liked Volpatti and Weise. But I don't know, it seemed that AV played them more because our 2nd line couldn't produce at all.

Let's hope the guys bring a better effort tomorrow, I'm not very confident playing against RNH, Eberle, Hall, Schultz...but let's see what happens. GO CANUCKS GO!

-2nd line won't cut it for long (question is, can we afford to trade Luongo for Top 6 help if Schneider continues to struggle? Bit of a dilemma) Kassian was probably the best player on that line, not saying much though.

-Defense was terrible

-Gotta wonder if it would have been helpful for more players to go to Europe.

-3rd and 4th lines looked good (except Malhotra)

-Garrison was pretty decent, love his shot

Oh well it's only the first game, we will found out more as the season goes on.

For the next game I want to see this:

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen (great chemistry, Hansen was amazing tonight)

Burrows - Lapierre - Higgins (ex-Habs and Quebec boys have had proven chemistry)

Kassian - Malhotra - Raymond (great mix of size and speed)

Volpatti - Ebbett - Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Tanev (Edler needs a calming influence, he misses Salo clearly)

Ballard - Garrison (played in Florida together, may have chemistry)

Luongo

Schneider

Ebbet was useless. Raymond was peripheral like always. Kassian was good enough to be the new guy on an already good 2nd line.

Twins and Burrows were good, but seeing no backup sapped their energy. Hamhuis had a couple of really bad bounces which he probably would have controlled if in mid season form. Schneider not great, but not really bad. Louongo same.

My view of the game is the second line was not competitive at all. We need a centre to make that line work.

sciender let in some bad goals didnt fight for his shots........

raymond is a c- i dont know he had 1 tip in chance thats all not enough from a 2nd line

um ebbet well Fail he did nothing

kassian laid a few hits but honestly hes on the 2nd line ------> i really miss hodgson WORST TRade gillis has ever made

My less than 100% sober thoughts:

Team is in fine October mode.

Here’s hoping the Sedins go on to emulate Selanne’s longevity. They’ll pretty much have to because this team ain’t developing any top 9 forwards in the foreseeable future, not with AV's niggardly approach to giving rookies icetime.

Perfect game for Kassian to get some serious minutes/experience in the 2nd half and show the vets that they need to wake the frack up for the next one. But noooo, our coach don’t roll like that.

Lapierre does not belong on any 2nd line; not even as depleted roster as ours.

On goalies: alternate till one wins then keep playing him until a loss (Lu should get Oilers)

PS: Mackinnon or Jones? I’m thinking our most likely rival for the privilege, Detroit, will go with the D man. :frantic:

Archived