Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cmpunk

PGT - Canucks 2 Ducks 7

188 posts in this topic

Manti Te'o's girlfriend was more visible in this game than our defensive work ethic....

Got a free Canucks scarf because I was at the game :) Everyone there got one!! And you get one free beer too!!!

I don't think we can really blame goaltending when our defence was so terrible. Edler played like a 1.5 million dollar player Hamhuis was bad. They were getting caught at there own blue line and guys were flying past them. I thought are D-Men where suppose to be one of the best groups in the league. In my opinion they completely are the blame for losing against the Ducks. I hope they can tighten up fast. Maybe Barker could help in the physical department.

I don't think we can really blame goaltending when our defence was so terrible. Edler played like a 1.5 million dollar player Hamhuis was bad. They were getting caught at there own blue line and guys were flying past them. I thought are D-Men where suppose to be one of the best groups in the league. In my opinion they completely are the blame for losing against the Ducks. I hope they can tighten up fast. Maybe Barker could help in the physical department.

Why is everyone giving so much love to the defense? SO many terrible, rookie mistakes. I saw Ballard pinch up and cost us a 2 on 1 goal... Edler looked rocky at best, Garrison was okay.. nice shot, anyway. Bieksa made quite a few mistakes and Hamhuis was meh...

It's sad to say that our 4th was the best, though Malhotra was beyond useless. Ebbet is playing for Anaheim it seems.

I thought the Ballard - Tanev pairing looked slow and totally out of synch, mostly Ballard.

THe other 4 guys were decent, a couple of unlucky plays ended up in our net which cost us the game.

I disagree. Not awful just average.

Edler and Garrison looked GREAT. Hamhuis and Bieksa looked lazy. Tanev and Ballard... Oh well.

Thank Bowness for that. Larry Robinson would of had that unit ready and playing d

Our defence was the main reason why we lost tonight. But then again, it was our first game in 9 months. We were expecting it would sloppy.

Hope we do better tomorrow.

Edler had his moments on D as well, Garrison was probably the best defender on the night.

our team; especially defence are notoriously slow starters.

i cant believe everyone is surprised by this result/performance. on top of everything, very few of our players have been playing during the lockout (in comparison to other teams locked out players)

expect a very slow start in vancouver.( that wont be all that bad if we can peak during the playoffs)

Got a free Canucks scarf because I was at the game :) Everyone there got one!! And you get one free beer too!!!

I know Vandermeer can play forward, but can he play center? I really didn't like Ebbett out there. I'd go with this line up tomorrow just to try and shake things up a bit

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Lapierre - Raymond

Higgins - Malhotra - Hansen

Volpatti - Vandermeer - Weise

Ebbett

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Ballard - Tanev

Barker

Schneider

I think Schneider should be given another chance. Hopefully the butterflies are gone and he can play like we know he can.

I thought the Ballard - Tanev pairing looked slow and totally out of synch, mostly Ballard.

THe other 4 guys were decent, a couple of unlucky plays ended up in our net which cost us the game.

our team; especially defence are notoriously slow starters.

i cant believe everyone is surprised by this result/performance. on top of everything, very few of our players have been playing during the lockout (in comparison to other teams locked out players)

expect a very slow start in vancouver.( that wont be all that bad if we can peak during the playoffs)

Hamhuis and Bieksa need to be taken off the PP and told to play a shutdown D game like they did the year of the cup run. Now they both think they are Erik Karlsson.........

I thought everyone looked poor defensively besides Garrison. Throw Vandermeer and Barker in tomorrow. See what happens

This game has to go down as one of the funniest and schizophrenic games I've ever seen. I don't remember laughing this hard in a game the Canucks lost so heavily. Timing was off, systems off - all the things you'd expect after not playing for 8 months.

It's just one game, lets all simmer down. Winnik scored 2 goals - who actually thinks that'll ever happen again. Beware of small sample sizes. Canucks have 2 great goalies and 2 Sedins. They'll be fine.