The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PGT - Canucks 2 Ducks 7

cmpunk

on the bright side: thought Hansen, Edler and Garrison all looked great tonight. everyone else was rusty, slow and sloppy! put this one in the rear view and put out a strong effort tomorrow. no need to panic people....

the canucks have not won a season opener since 2008! nothing to see here.

on the bright side: thought Hansen, Edler and Garrison all looked great tonight. everyone else was rusty, slow and sloppy! put this one in the rear view and put out a strong effort tomorrow. no need to panic people....

the canucks have not won a season opener since 2008! nothing to see here.

Offensively, both on the PP and 5 on 5, we looked good to start the game, but as the Ducks started to clog up the neutral zone and blue line, we couldn't get setup to create many chances. Our defence was generally bad, with weak plays and poor positioning, and we couldn't get enough saves on scoring chances to help counter the mistakes.

Overall, pretty poor, even if there were some bright spots. Still, I would rather watch that all over again than read through all the idiotic threads popping up at the first sign of trouble on CDC.

They won't make the playoffs this year. Goalie fiasco, gillis making lame excuses, no 2nd line and a bare prospect cupboard. Leafs make the playoffs for the first time in years however....good ol trusty time machine of mine :/

Bad game all around by the whole team. There were moments where everyone looked like NHL caliber players, but for the most part Vancouver was at least two steps behind for the majority of the game. I'm not even going to mention how Ballard was solely responsible for at least one goal ... er .. oops, I guess I did lol. :P But seriously, the whole team looked deflated.

Bad game all around by the whole team. There were moments where everyone looked like NHL caliber players, but for the most part Vancouver was at least two steps behind for the majority of the game. I'm not even going to mention how Ballard was solely responsible for at least one goal ... er .. oops, I guess I did lol. :P But seriously, the whole team looked deflated.

Annoys me when people make excuses about sloppiness. It was the same lay off for both teams. This is where it comes down to AV and his coaches. Got to be prepared to play in this league.

I think execution wise the game went as worse as possible.

When it comes to talent you can't help but feel good about Lapierre, Weise, Volpatti, Kassian, and Garrison.

With Kesler back the lines need to be this.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Booth Kesler Burrows

Higgins Lapierre Hansen

Weise Volpatti someone who isn't Raymond Ebbett Malhotra the plugs

Edler Garrison

Hamhuis Bieksa

Ballard Tanev

Schneider

Luongo

Luongo isn't going anywhere without a fantastic deal, I think we can all agree on that.

Archived