Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

PGT - Canucks 2 Ducks 7

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
187 replies to this topic

#181 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Homer Hall Of Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,388 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

In a move of consistency, merging into the PGT....

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

#182 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

Schneider was terrible but I'm sure he'll bounceback. Ebbett is a role player not a second line centre. All in all the effort was a little uninspired and the play was sloppy. We're missing a few key pieces.

It's not like they haven't had the odd poor game in the last two President Cup winning seasons. Home against Chicago, on the road in Minnesota. There was a lot of focus on tonight so it just feels bigger than it is.

Everyone step back from the cliff.

258o0g4.jpg

#183 DCR

DCR

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

As someone who hates the Ducks with a passion, I have to say "Well, that sucked."

I'm also concerned about the next game because not only have Edmonton's core players kept playing, they've been playing together during the lockout. If the Nucks play the same way they did last night, they won't be able to stop the hotshots and goals will get through. It won't be fun.

I do think that after the Edmonton game we'll see a turnaround. They'll be able to get real practices in after the games so they'll be better able to adjust.

In the meantime the focus has to be defense. Scoring will come but a 0%PK (yes I know it's just one game, but still a 0%PK) is a huge problem. I do think both Schneids and Lu will be better going forward, but the D has to step up and play better. Baby steps, I think if they can kill off their first penalty tonight against Edmonton then things could look good. But it's getting that first successful kill that's going to be the trick.

#184 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,693 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

Yes after one game he should be on the block. Moronic. :sadno:

s
Not on the block but certainly on the "watch" list this season.

Both teams had the same amount of time to prepare for last night's game but only one team was actually prepared to play. Too often this team is unprepared for important games. Going with the same line-up; the same philosophy of how to play the game and treat young players: the same system etc and expecting a breakthough in results is wishful thinking.

According to most hockey brains, AV has had the most talented and deep team in the NHL for 3 years now and has not delivered the Holy Grail. At some point, despite whether the guy is a good coach or not, the move has to be made (See LA) to inject a different message and approach.

Far too soon to be calling for a coaching review but if 10 games in, the team is struggling, AV should be on thin ice.

I personally (take it with a grain of salt) believe AVs philosophy of "specialization" makes the Nucks too easy to match against. AV likes each line to have a specific role and micro-manages face-off and zone assignments. Teams know based on who is on the ice, exactly what the assignment of that line is and can counter. During the season this isn't such a big deal, but in the playoffs, when teams study hard how to shut a team down, AV's system has proven ineffective.

Supposedly we are built on the Detroit model and while that may be true when it comes to management structure, junior player development etc, it is not apparent on the ice. One of Detroit's gretest strengths is it's ability to ice 4 lines that all play the same style. They all press offensively, forecheck with intensity and play sound defence. As one commentator said once "they keep coming at you jin waves". Nucks are basically a 1-line offensive team with supporting cast.

#185 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

any one exited about Dale Weise this guy is going to surprise a lot of people i think.
He looks fast has the power forward style of going hard to the net with the puck.
i think he gets a chance this year moving up off the 4th line.

I hope our defence gets an Identity soon because they looked horrid as a group a few shinning lights but overall meh.

forward looked like they were getting some good chances but so much missed plays because of bad timing (this will improve with a few more games).

I liked seeing Kassian planted in front of the net.. that is a start. He looked good for the most part but he doesn't seem 100% comfortable in the defensive zone yet...

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#186 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Both teams had the same amount of time to prepare for last night's game but only one team was actually prepared to play. Too often this team is unprepared for important games. Going with the same line-up; the same philosophy of how to play the game and treat young players: the same system etc and expecting a breakthough in results is wishful thinking.

What was it Einstein said?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

#187 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,883 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

What was it Einstein said?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Just watched the PVR's game.........disappoinyed, obviously, but some ok things too.

Schneider looked bad last night and whoever said he wasn't batling had it right. The good thing is he's a top notch goalie, he'll be fine. Lu was better, but not a whole lot. Regardless, goaltending will not be an issue in the long run.

Hamhius had his worst game as Canuck........he was awful, despite scoring a goal. Again, nothing to be concerned about, you know Hammer will get it back.

Ballard and Tanev were awful as well last night......little concerned here, more about Ballard than Tanev as this seems to be the norm rather than an anomaly. Something needs to be done to address Ballard, imo.

Edler was good and bad, and that's kind of what you get with Eddy......hopefully he can have more good than bad.

Garrison looked great......best signoing since Hamhuis.

KB, mostly unnoticeable, for good or bad. Ill take that in game one......played a safe game.

Ebbet...........looked like Raymond did last year. Skated around at high speed but did nothing of any value.

I thought Kassian was one of the best players for the Canucks last night, but without a c-man to support him he was left hanging in the breeze a lot. Other than that he was physical, carried the puck with confidence and went to the net hard. He might not put up as many points as CH, but he is a much better vit in Van than Cody was. I'm quite happy with that trade. I'd be happier if he got to play with a better C-man.

I thought Raymond was ok........like Kassian, its hard to tell until he gets someone to play with at C. Why they kept Ebbett is a mystery as the KSR line showed good chemistry

Hansen was, hands down, the best player in blue last night and looked right at home on the PP........I see a real breakout year, offensively, for Hansen. Lappy and HIggins were good as well.

Manny........I love you, but you gotta go.

Weise and Patti........outstanding.

twins and burr.........twins and burr.

all in all crap game by guys you don't expect to have crap games, but I see that as a good thing because you know they'll get they stuff together. The players I was iffy about all played well, aside from AE, and I think that bodes well for the season.

#188 Guest_Gumballthechewy_*

Guest_Gumballthechewy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

all in all crap game by guys you don't expect to have crap games, but I see that as a good thing because you know they'll get they stuff together. The players I was iffy about all played well, aside from AE, and I think that bodes well for the season.

Yeah, it's not a big deal losing this game, it may be a shortened season but the same rules still apply, lose less than everyone else and so far we're tied for second.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.