The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The real issue. Why is this so hard to see?

DutchieBang

How soon we forget, Roberto Luongo wore the "C" for the Nucks just a couple years ago. How is he our problem?

Is it not sad when our team resorts to naming our goaltender the captain?

Here is a scary thought... "Daniel or Henrik out for the season" due to injury... Who are they without each other?

I fail to see the twins ever being the power forwards we need them to be, in order to bring the cup to Van. Sure they are capable of scoring and assisting, but all one has to do is look at them wrong, and they shart in their pants.

Where is the leadership?

We need power forwards. Not goaltending. Not defence.

We need top six forwards.....2 more to be exact and im saying that looking at our lineup fully healthy. We don't need the Sedins to be power forwards, they never were.. WTF. Anyways MG has done a stand up job signing D-man but what about the offense.. its been the same forwards corps for forever!!!! This group will not get it done. We probably have the best chance to pick up a couple bigger salarys this season assuming Luongo gets dealt..maybe a surprise move in Ballard this year as well.

How soon we forget, Roberto Luongo wore the "C" for the Nucks just a couple years ago. How is he our problem?

Is it not sad when our team resorts to naming our goaltender the captain?

Here is a scary thought... "Daniel or Henrik out for the season" due to injury... Who are they without each other?

I fail to see the twins ever being the power forwards we need them to be, in order to bring the cup to Van. Sure they are capable of scoring and assisting, but all one has to do is look at them wrong, and they shart in their pants.

Where is the leadership?

We need power forwards. Not goaltending. Not defence.

The reason why they scored 7 goals wasn't because of the defence or goaltending IMO. The Canucks don't have a captain that is capable of lighting a fire under the teams ars's!! They submit under the slightest bit of pressure. Tell me how that radiates confidence through out the team

The reason why they scored 7 goals wasn't because of the defence or goaltending IMO. The Canucks don't have a captain that is capable of lighting a fire under the teams ars's!! They submit under the slightest bit of pressure. Tell me how that radiates confidence through out the team

Who are they without each other?

Art Ross and Ted Lindsay Winner(s) (well, at least Hank was)

This is ridiculous, Hank led us to the 7th game of the SCF.

The ability to not shat their pants isn't what wins us games, it's the goals and assists that they score that do. Stop with this nonsense.

The real issue is fan and media negativity, it surrounds everything this franchise does like a toxic cloud. Not that they are actually doing anything poorly, in fact the franchise is one of the best-run in the entire league. The constant doubting and criticism and second-guessing, the failure to accept any of the successes and the magnification of any perceived flaw can't help but have some sort of psychic effect on the team's overall fortunes.

For instance, here I am commenting on people's saying, after the very first game of the season, in a unique sort of season with no proper training camp or preseason, that X or Y or Z is the problem, the issue, or the real issue. It's one game into the season, the sample size is not large enough to state categorically whether or not there even IS a problem, etc.

By the way the C is not much more than a piece of cloth. No matter who is captain, the leadership will still come from the same players. Also if you look at our roster, we are actually full of big strong forwards. The Sedins, Raymond, and Ebbett (who's not even a regular) are really the only pure "skill-based" players.

Game one is in the books.

The leaders will lead and the d will show up again.

I noticed Dan Hamhuis was on for five goals against tonight and he is a leader on this team.

I could go down the list but the rust is still on the blades,for the most part.

Archived