The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The real issue. Why is this so hard to see?

DutchieBang

When you are punched in the face 6 times in a row by brad marchand in the cup finals, and you have an A or C on your chest, and you don't do a frickin thing back to him, its moments like that when I worry about the teams ability to battle their way to the cup. We need some sort of physical intimidation. Otherwise we will just get walked all over. Time and time again.

That's funny because I thought we lost the Cup finals because we couldn't win on the road, and the whole team didn't show up on game 7?

I also thought we lost against the Kings because they outscored us, and AV didn't want to make adjustments for us losing a top winger.

During the Canucks cup run in 94' I don't recall Odjick being even dressed in the finals.

How many fights do you see in the playoffs? How often lately do you see goon even dressed in the playoffs?

Our problem is we're predictable. We're trying that stupid drop pass thing. And our forwards and defense don't work properly as a unit in our defensive zone. Yes we need 1-2 top six forwards, but those aren't like buying apples at a grocery store.

We need to get back to basics. Short simple passes, get lots of pucks on the net. Look for rebounds, and goalies out of position.

We need to have the forwards and defense work to clear the zone, and back each other up. Players are chasing the puck, and getting caught out of position.

That's funny because I thought we lost the Cup finals because we couldn't win on the road, and the whole team didn't show up on game 7?

I also thought we lost against the Kings because they outscored us, and AV didn't want to make adjustments for us losing a top winger.

During the Canucks cup run in 94' I don't recall Odjick being even dressed in the finals.

How many fights do you see in the playoffs? How often lately do you see goon even dressed in the playoffs?

Our problem is we're predictable. We're trying that stupid drop pass thing. And our forwards and defense don't work properly as a unit in our defensive zone. Yes we need 1-2 top six forwards, but those aren't like buying apples at a grocery store.

We need to get back to basics. Short simple passes, get lots of pucks on the net. Look for rebounds, and goalies out of position.

We need to have the forwards and defense work to clear the zone, and back each other up. Players are chasing the puck, and getting caught out of position.

Archived