The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Please Call Up Schroeder Now

RyanKeslord17

In no way am I suggesting that JS will come in here and save the Canucks, but seriously, he needs a chance, NOW. Ebbett is a decent player, we saw that tonight, but he can't play on the second line. He just doesn't have that ability.

We look like we don't have any life, we look terrible defensively and on the rush. JS will at least bring some energy and skill to that second line. Ebbett cannot setup Raymond and Kassian like the way JS can, it's pretty clear to see that.

Stop with the BS reclamation projects. Barker will not get a chance to replace ANY D on our team. Vandermeer is ok because he does bring toughness to the table.

We are in absolute dire need of some youth and energy. Cut Barker or Alberts and call up Schroeder and give the kid a chance already!

I wouldn't pin my hopes on a rookie who has never played a game, but it might be worth a shot. Not trying to bash Ebbett but he is in the wrong role. Schroeder is more talented, if he can put it together for even a little while he could be a good temporary fill in. Like I said it doesn't hurt to try.

Tanev will be the player who goes to Chicago only because he is waiver eligible.

Schroeder will get a chance, but, will do little. Too small... AHL skills, at best... With the Canucks, he will be a guy that gets called up and sent back down until his eligibility runs out. Then, he will be dealt or will spend the majority of his time in Abbotsford, after this year.

Looks like another blown 1st rounder, to me, but, let's see what he can do with a call up... if he gets one.

I, for one, am absolutely sick of you constantly having zero faith in Schroeder. Yes, I understand it was just a scrimmage, but regardless, he possessed some skill and looked pretty darn good out there. What exactly did your hero Ebbett do for us tonight? He looked so lost out there. He doesn't even know what to do in the offensive zone.

I'm hoping JS gets his chance and proves to us what he can do, and believe me, you'll be surprised.

Archived