Canucks Community

LuonGOLD vs Schneider

Lemieux

Luongold vs Schneider

Luongold pros:

GOLD medalist

Stanley Cup finalist

Stanley Cup Playoff experience

Blackhawks killer (yes, you can say that)

cons:

Too much mileage

Older (but not that old, really)

Schneider pros:

Manitoba Moose Saviour

Boston Bruins killer (at least for one regular season game)

fresh legs

cons:

no experience

mental strength unknown

could be prone to injuries (cramp in blackhawks series)

did i say no experience?

All in all, you take Luongold. This guy has done more for Vancouver than Captain Kirk and he's treated like Lindsay Lohan. The last time I checked Italian cars were still made in Italy! They are still very good!

Luongold vs Schneider

Luongold pros:

GOLD medalist

Stanley Cup finalist

Stanley Cup Playoff experience

Blackhawks killer (yes, you can say that)

cons:

Too much mileage

Older (but not that old, really)

Schneider pros:

Manitoba Moose Saviour

Boston Bruins killer (at least for one regular season game)

fresh legs

cons:

no experience

mental strength unknown

could be prone to injuries (cramp in blackhawks series)

did i say no experience?

All in all, you take Luongold. This guy has done more for Vancouver than Captain Kirk and he's treated like Lindsay Lohan. The last time I checked Italian cars were still made in Italy! They are still very good!

Luongo:

Gold medal on a STACKED team, and it was close.

Did not deliver NHL calibre goaltending during the finals

Inconsistent play duirng the playoffs

Gets lit up by Chicago a couple of times every series.

Terrible contract

Schnieder

Mental stregnth unproven, but I'll take it over a goalie we KNOW will melt down.

Could be prone to injurires, but Luongo has already had an injury destroy his game. He can't move laterally very well at all, and it showed on the 5 hole goal tonight.

Played great in the playoffs last year.

I'm not trying to bash Luongo here but I think you're underestimating Schneider. You forgot to mention his unreal stats, plus the cramp thing wasn't an actual injury. Also he has "less experience" not "no experience".

Bottom line, I think we have two great goalies and whoever is playing the best should get the starts.

Luongo:

Terrible contract

Schnieder

Mental stregnth unproven, but I'll take it over a goalie we KNOW will melt down.

Could be prone to injurires, but Luongo has already had an injury destroy his game. He can't move laterally very well at all, and it showed on the 5 hole goal tonight.

I'm not trying to bash Luongo here but I think you're underestimating Schneider. You forgot to mention his unreal stats, plus the cramp thing wasn't an actual injury. Also he has "less experience" not "no experience".

Bottom line, I think we have two great goalies and whoever is playing the best should get the starts.

11 GAA is a pretty unreal stat. But seriously, if he can't handle the pressure of a starting goalie in this market after a week of play we should trade his sorry ass and stick with Luongo till the end. In a normal season it would be fine for us to slump for a month and get red hot later, but we cannot afford that kind of growth this season.

Ok just to say something, fans need to stop with the Luongo was on a stacked Canadian Olympic team excuse. EVERY FREAKIN TEAM WAS STACKED! So that cancels that out.

Luongo didn't start the Olympics, he took over from Brodeur because Brodeur with the same stacked team, almost lost to the Swiss. They freakin took us to shootout and almost won!

Brodeur with the same stacked team lost to U.S.A in round robin.

The proof is there and clear.

Give Luo the start tomorrow night

I would say it would be smart to play the goalie who is playing better

Give both of them at least twenty starts each though just to keep them both happy

Like to tell you the truth Luongo got us to game 7 of the finals and he choked in the final game

But at least he got us there

Schneids lost the series against the Kings last year although his game 5 performance was a lot better than

Luos game 7 performance.

Like its good to have two all star goalies...so stop dissing one or the other

In my opinion Schneids is not ready to be a starter yet

Luongo:

Terrible contract

Schnieder

did anyone see those goals against luongo? its not like he did any better. our team played better infront of him after the change in net. how many home openers has luongo started on a short season with pretty much brand new forward lines infront of him playing crap hockey? oh thats right never. the goalie situation isnt our prob. its everyone else out infront of them ... and as far as i can see no we dont have 2 great goalies we have 2 good goalies who look great when the pres trophy winners are playing infront of them.

Give Luo the start tomorrow night

I would say it would be smart to play the goalie who is playing better

Give both of them at least twenty starts each though just to keep them both happy

Like to tell you the truth Luongo got us to game 7 of the finals and he choked in the final game

But at least he got us there

Schneids lost the series against the Kings last year although his game 5 performance was a lot better than

Luos game 7 performance.

Like its good to have two all star goalies...so stop dissing one or the other

In my opinion Schneids is not ready to be a starter yet

Archived