#3 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

AV 7th season=good luck?

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#4 Rounoush

Rounoush

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

So funny to see people jumping ship already.

2dgqi51.jpgfcvifc.jpg
Thanks a bunch to khalifawiz501 and Discord for the signatures.

#5 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

"The effort was there"....sigh.....classic AV
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#6 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

This man is an awesome coach, he never throws his boys under the bus.

If I played for this guy I probably wouldn't be typing this crap on CDC at 2am.

but you get my point.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#7 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,449 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

This man is an awesome coach, he never throws his boys under the bus.

If I played for this guy I probably wouldn't be typing this crap on CDC at 2am.

but you get my point.

He threw Hodgson under the bus.

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#8 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

Is it worth listening to?

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#9 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

POPULAR

Cause Hodgson aint one of the boys
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#10 CHodgson9

CHodgson9

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

Cause Hodgson aint one of the boys

Correction, he's daddy's boy.

Please note, I'm aware of my username as I write this
"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Ghandi

#11 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,468 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:21 AM

I am sure that was Gillis.
AV would not let him get on the bus for some time.

#12 Fozzy

Fozzy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:46 AM

Let's hope he put a rocket up their a**es in the dressing room.

#13 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

I like AV, but does he go into every interview that he does with a target of how many times he'd like to say the word "obviously"?

#14 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,592 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

As long as AV can correct all our teams small mistakes and get them playing well in a few months time I'll be happy. He can laugh off one 7-3 loss early in the season, sure, as long as he fixes the structure of this team and its problems.
Posted Image

#15 enterin

enterin

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

Epic Fail
A sell out come on seriously, Fans are friggin lo&*rs, A chance to do the same as the players and owners did to us and you come out like brain washed little friggin robots. Yes here is my money I will pay for a seat $200 dollars so Los Angelas can have a team or Columbus ect.... seriously

While fans over there get to pay $17.00 for a ticket in the good seats...Just embarrassing the Americans are just laughing at you guys right now who ever went to the game...Epic Fail obviously the Fans that went have expendable money where $200 is like $20 bucks to them while the rest of us would love to have $200 dollars to give away to rich corporations.

Amazing
Go ahead and Flame

#16 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

Epic Fail
A sell out come on seriously, Fans are friggin lo&*rs, A chance to do the same as the players and owners did to us and you come out like brain washed little friggin robots. Yes here is my money I will pay for a seat $200 dollars so Los Angelas can have a team or Columbus ect.... seriously

While fans over there get to pay $17.00 for a ticket in the good seats...Just embarrassing the Americans are just laughing at you guys right now who ever went to the game...Epic Fail obviously the Fans that went have expendable money where $200 is like $20 bucks to them while the rest of us would love to have $200 dollars to give away to rich corporations.

Amazing
Go ahead and Flame

lol what
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#17 Canuck hero

Canuck hero

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

I haven't jumped ship yet....
Posted Image

#18 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

Epic Fail

Amazing
Go ahead and Flame

How about re-writing that mess of words into something we can read!

#19 Sbriggs

Sbriggs

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

Hodgson dug his own grave with the help of the people around him

#20 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,685 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

Hrudey makes an ass of himself throughout the telecast and then kisses Vigneault's ass in this interview lol - but he has an angle.

AV is a great coach - he knows that there was a gap between the forwards and blueliners in that game - the forwards as a whole failed to backcheck and blew a whack of coverages in their own end of the ice.

But hockey is back - and game 1 has the positive effect of lowering expectations:

1) the CBC isn't worth listening to and do everything they can to ruin the hockey experience on the west coast
2) the game is in the hands of a guy (Tim Peel - see video) who shouldn't be an official in the National Hockey League and who coincidentally of course makes a pair of brutal phantom calls against our French Canadian players. Hrudey even after the benefit of replay, sees it as he wishes it were. I'm not going to play the 'officials cost us the game' song - but I will call the reality of a typical Peel performance on the Lapierre 'gt interference' and Burrows 'trip'.

But that's ok. I think those are positive things. The CBC is still flying the same colours, and the NHL has done nothing to clean up their zebra act. The Canucks obliged with a poor performance and it's all uphill from here haha.

General gong show, and I couldn't have enjoyed it more. There is nothing quite as fun as an NHL circus that results in a wave of bottom feeding and clears the bandwagon lol.

But AV is as real as always, doesn't bite on pathetic attempts to engage him in the feeding the frenzy (Hrudey sucks up to Vigneault and then asks him to share his locker room postgame comments) - AV is gracious after a loss and a pleasure to listen to.
The Canucks will soldier on and expose all the nervous nellies as anxious, impatient and short-sighted. The third pairing looked very good, the second line that most expected to bust had some 'real good' shifts, and the Canucks got the embarrassing result they needed to shake the rust off and get back to the basics of playing as five men units.

http://deadspin.com/...x-seconds-later

Edited by oldnews, 20 January 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#21 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,007 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Thanks CanucksHD!

307mg00.jpg

#22 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

At least Kevin Weekes didn't make an appearance.....

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#23 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

Hrudey makes an ass of himself throughout the telecast and then kisses Vigneault's ass in this interview lol - but he has an angle.

AV is a great coach - he knows that there was a gap between the forwards and blueliners in that game - the forwards as a whole failed to backcheck and blew a whack of coverages in their own end of the ice.

But hockey is back - and game 1 has the positive effect of lowering expectations:

1) the CBC isn't worth listening to and do everything they can to ruin the hockey experience on the west coast
2) the game is in the hands of a guy (Tim Peel - see video) who shouldn't be an official in the National Hockey League and who coincidentally of course makes a pair of brutal phantom calls against our French Canadian players. Hrudey even after the benefit of replay, sees it as he wishes it were. I'm not going to play the 'officials cost us the game' song - but I will call the reality of a typical Peel performance on the Lapierre 'gt interference' and Burrows 'trip'.

But that's ok. I think those are positive things. The CBC is still flying the same colours, and the NHL has done nothing to clean up their zebra act. The Canucks obliged with a poor performance and it's all uphill from here haha.

General gong show, and I couldn't have enjoyed it more. There is nothing quite as fun as an NHL circus that results in a wave of bottom feeding and clears the bandwagon lol.

But AV is as real as always, doesn't bite on pathetic attempts to engage him in the feeding the frenzy (Hrudey sucks up to Vigneault and then asks him to share his locker room postgame comments) - AV is gracious after a loss and a pleasure to listen to.
The Canucks will soldier on and expose all the nervous nellies as anxious, impatient and short-sighted. The third pairing looked very good, the second line that most expected to bust had some 'real good' shifts, and the Canucks got the embarrassing result they needed to shake the rust off and get back to the basics of playing as five men units.

http://deadspin.com/...x-seconds-later

I don't share the same views on CBC, or maybe I just don't really care because deflecting haters is a daily job for Canucks fans. However, this is a great post on how last nights loss should be viewed. You pointed out the positives that are to be built upon as opposed to screaming fire the coach and we need hodgson back.

Anyone with half a brain can chalk this one up as rust and I don't think one word needed to be said in the locker room after the game.

I'm actually glad we lost in such an embarrassing way last night. IMO no better way to to realize its time to focus than getting blown out at your home opener and only win maybe 2 face offs the entire game

Let the oilers and flames fans have their moment and take the beaking like a champ. We all know who be on the outside looking in come April.

#24 Spodermen

Spodermen

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Correction, he's daddy's boy.

Please note, I'm aware of my username as I write this

Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.