5 replies to this topic

#1 Miller32

Miller32

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

So with most first games in the bag and the rest on the way, how happy is everyone that hockey is back? I'm not big on this boycott business, I live hockey, work in the sporting good business and damn near had a heart attack when the lockout ended!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,190 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

I'm happy that hockey's back. Not happy with how our first game turned out but the Canucks always start slow. They don't always start slow and injured though.
Posted Image
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
My old sig: http://tinypic.com/v...=5#.UlSrrlAWJ7U

#3 RipRickRyp

RipRickRyp

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

I'm happy it's back but not excited like I should be. This is the time of year when Canuck fans should be loving hockey. Last nights game was like a kick to the balls of any excitement I had for the game. I have a feeling the Oilers might bring out the best in Canucks tonight though.

#4 La Mauviette75

La Mauviette75

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

i am very happy and very excited. the lockout definitely irritated me, but at the same time it made me realize how much i miss the game, and so it built up more anticipation.
Posted Image

O Ville Lumière, Sens la chaleur, de notre coeur

#5 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

I have ambivalent feelings that I do not usually have where hockey is concerned. There is a lot of subconscious emotional hedging going on, like when a relationship ends and you are afraid of getting hurt again so you're more careful about getting involved. There's also a lot of pent-up hate and rage, in the sense that I feel like there's four or five months' worth of stuff that would have been released but never was, so when for example I watch a few minutes of Kings-Blackhawks while Jets-Sens was on commercial, so much anger came rushing back, normally you kind of ease into that sort of thing over the course of the season. I had to go for a walk, it was intolerable.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#6 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

I have interest but still lack enthusiasm.
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.