The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hockey being back

Miller32

So with most first games in the bag and the rest on the way, how happy is everyone that hockey is back? I'm not big on this boycott business, I live hockey, work in the sporting good business and damn near had a heart attack when the lockout ended!

I'm happy it's back but not excited like I should be. This is the time of year when Canuck fans should be loving hockey. Last nights game was like a kick to the balls of any excitement I had for the game. I have a feeling the Oilers might bring out the best in Canucks tonight though.

I have ambivalent feelings that I do not usually have where hockey is concerned. There is a lot of subconscious emotional hedging going on, like when a relationship ends and you are afraid of getting hurt again so you're more careful about getting involved. There's also a lot of pent-up hate and rage, in the sense that I feel like there's four or five months' worth of stuff that would have been released but never was, so when for example I watch a few minutes of Kings-Blackhawks while Jets-Sens was on commercial, so much anger came rushing back, normally you kind of ease into that sort of thing over the course of the season. I had to go for a walk, it was intolerable.

Archived