The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: 01/20/13 Edmonton @ Vancouver 6PM

logic

I think our bluelines need to be adjusted a bit, as I saw a couple plays by Tanev where he couldn't move the puck out of the zone, and the Oilers seemed to be able to get by quite easily on the outside perimeter and cut in. It was much better than the Anaheim game, but still needs work. Offensively I think its still a juggling act, but the power play was anemic with too many missed shots (Burrows looked like Raymond of last year a lot... missed shots, flopping all over the place). Luongo played solid, save for the shootout. All-in-all, a good first 20 minutes that just fizzled...

This could be a struggle before its a triumph for this team, and naturally some won't have the patience for it, but I'm in no hurry. I've waited this long to see Canucks hockey this year, I can wait a bit more while they sort out chemistry and lines.

Despite what people say about Kesler's antics (diving, etc), he plays with a ton of heart and we're certainly missing his presence.

On a different topic, I noticed Kassian said in the post-game interview that he fought because the arena was dead after the Hemsky goal. Lets face it though, our arena is dead ALL the time. It's really pathetic.

Despite what people say about Kesler's antics (diving, etc), he plays with a ton of heart and we're certainly missing his presence.

On a different topic, I noticed Kassian said in the post-game interview that he fought because the arena was dead after the Hemsky goal. Lets face it though, our arena is dead ALL the time. It's really pathetic.

Archived