The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: 01/20/13 Edmonton @ Vancouver 6PM

logic

If Raymond-Ebbett-Kassian are together I see us getting dominated once again.

One thing that really bothered me last night is when the game was already out of reach in the third, why didn't AV give Kassian some more minutes or switch up the 2nd line a bit?

Why does he always have to wait until we fail miserably to change anything.

You could tell Kassian was super nervous, getting more ice time would have given him some extra confidence for tonight.

If we want to make the playoffs with Kes and Booth out we need Kassian to step up and develop but he's not going to do that with 10 mins a game playing with Ebbett and Raymond,

I just don't understand his coaching, he doesn't know how to prepare his players for anything, as we all saw against LA.

You fall under that category too.

Starting Lu is the right move.

Really there is no right move, it's dealing with fire either way, so we have to pick the one that is more of a bon fire than a forest fire.

If Schneids goes in and Loses in another bad effort, then suddenly the world is flipped upside down and there will be all the questions of who to keep for the long haul, exc. that's the worst case scenerio. It just adds to the media circus.

Then with Lu, win or lose Schneids will go in and play the next game, if Lu wins it will calm to team down and we will play better when Cory goes in which will help him get his confidence, if Lu goes in and loses then whatever, we can see then we still have Schneids to go back to in the next game.

A much less risky scenerio going with Lu in this one, and either goalie is capable of giving us a solid game so I don't see why we wouldn't go back to Lu in this back to back scenerio.

do any of you understand hockey? its not about appeasing media , its about allowing your number 1 to bounce back and cut the stupidity around the team vs further enflaming it...

think a bit maybe? who's going? we know who...so yes lets start panicking and assuming lou is staying bec of 1game? think much?

lets trade schnieds for kadri then he's gonna get 48 in 48 bc every player will play exactly the same for all 48...it will be a steal!

if you dont think lou is going time to pull your heads out of your you know whats

If Raymond-Ebbett-Kassian are together I see us getting dominated once again.

One thing that really bothered me last night is when the game was already out of reach in the third, why didn't AV give Kassian some more minutes or switch up the 2nd line a bit?

Dubnyk is much better than u think..Dont under estimate the Edmonton oilers this year..they will start fast as they did last year lets hope it doesn't matter how the start is lets worry how we finish..

We`ve always played poorly against the Ducks for some reason. I`m not really surprised we lost to them. I didn`t think we`d allow 7 goals, but the end result is the same. Selanne loves playing the Canucks.

The Canucks are used to easing into the season by playing the Flames a couple times. The Ducks are better than the standings usually show.

I have a feeling we`ll see a much different team tonight.

As badly as I want Luongo to stand on his head and pitch a shutout to steal the #1 spot back, these Oilers have been playing all season long and are in mid-season shape. They've embarassed our defence before and they'll do it again, but we can't start 0-2.

4-3 Canucks win, the Sedins with 3 points each and Kassian with a goal or two. Our PP tears up their PK in this one.

We`ve always played poorly against the Ducks for some reason. I`m not really surprised we lost to them. I didn`t think we`d allow 7 goals, but the end result is the same. Selanne loves playing the Canucks.

The Canucks are used to easing into the season by playing the Flames a couple times. The Ducks are better than the standings usually show.

I have a feeling we`ll see a much different team tonight.

Archived