Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

GDT: 01/20/13 Edmonton @ Vancouver 6PM

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
996 replies to this topic

#991 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,961 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

On a different topic, I noticed Kassian said in the post-game interview that he fought because the arena was dead after the Hemsky goal. Lets face it though, our arena is dead ALL the time. It's really pathetic.

It's Vancouver. The only people who can afford 500 dollar seats are the people with top hats and monocles. The most boring unenthusiastic crowd in the nhl. It's really quite sad.

(Sig removed by mod)
Previously Doug The Thug Glatt

#992 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,597 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

Despite what people say about Kesler's antics (diving, etc), he plays with a ton of heart and we're certainly missing his presence.

On a different topic, I noticed Kassian said in the post-game interview that he fought because the arena was dead after the Hemsky goal. Lets face it though, our arena is dead ALL the time. It's really pathetic.

guess he will be fighting alot

good for him though

#993 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,717 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

we need a dangler, who can beat people one on one, we don't have a true blue honest sniper like an eberle or a hall... we really lack that.

OXwjSoG.gif

#994 United Canuck

United Canuck

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

1 point... better than yesterday. Only one way to go and that's up. Keep at it boys, the next one is ours. Schneids, put those Flames out!

#995 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,717 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

We need a team full of weise's.. he shows alot of heart.

OXwjSoG.gif

#996 RU SERIOUS

RU SERIOUS

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

It's Vancouver. The only people who can afford 500 dollar seats are the people with top hats and monocles. The most boring unenthusiastic crowd in the nhl. It's really quite sad.

I agree with both of you. Things are pretty quite in that rink. It's just a vancouver sort of thing...being reserved and all that sort of stuff. Maybe it;s the rain, maybe it's the eternal grey weather - I don't know - but its been getting worse in the last few years. Aside from the cup finals two years ago, the last time I remember any sort of sustained energy and excitement was when the west-coast express line was playing last decade. Not to worry though, as I give this current crew 1 year - 2 at the most and you will see a shake up and hopefully some new talent and excitement back in the building - perhaps sooner! So hang tight....

#997 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

Without Lu in net tonight, the Oilers score at least 4 goals tonight and we lose in regulation.

Or maybe not, who knows.

Lou wasn't awful by any means, but that Hemsky goal was a bit weak, and it would help if he could maybe stop 1 or 2 shooters in the shootout..

Having said that, Canucks going 0/5 on PP biggest reason for loss. They have the guns, they need to bury the chances. No excuses.
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.