The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: 01/20/13 Edmonton @ Vancouver 6PM

logic

I think it's another loss for the Nucks. Some of you 'fans' are forgetting that this team always has a slow start. I seem to remember last year they were in the bottom half of the western conferance until they finally started playing after the Chicago drubbing.

Also, we are missing two of our top six forwards. That would be significant to any team. So, we need to be patient (and humble) until the guys can pull it together. I was very impressed with Lappy last night. He was flying. I think he will be very good this year. Garrison is looking like a great addition as well. We have a very good defence and great goal tending. MG will probably have to do something about the 2nd line, as there won't be time to wait around. The Nucks just have to find a way to make the playoffs. By then, the injured players will be back and the rest of the team will (hopefully) be playing their best hockey.

And the Sedins say "LET ME CLEAR MY THROAT!"

5-3 Nucks.

If we lose again, I prefer it be because of crappy goaltending. We know we have 2 studs and they will get it together soon, as long as our D plays better and our O shows they can score without Kes n Booth. A win would be much better though.

Everyone's so worried about our goaltender tonight and you are forgeting it's only dubnyk in net for the oilers. This guy is still fairly unproven and hasn't faced the pressure of being a real playoff contender until this year. In all likeliness, this will be a high scoring affair, but that doesn't mean we will come out on the losing end of it. Nucks win 6-5.

starting goalies have not been confirmed yet, check dailyfaceoff

i think they should start schneider. I'm a fan of both goalies but you went out and said that Schneids is our number one, you have to let him bounce back, it looks bad on the team if you dont imo.

I don't even care that much who wins; I'm just excited to see this game. The Oilers should have a good start, especially their young guys, and the Canucks really need a bounce back game after last night. Hopefully it's a close game. There are so many variable that could result in a blow-out either way.

I don't know who will start, but they'll be on a tight leash.

From what I saw in last nights game it's going to take longer then one game to right the ship. The entire second line should be a 4th line.

The oilers are a young skilled team that has had a number of them playing together building chemistry this fall when the nucks were working the gym. I don't see this game going well.

Hope the 2nd line experiment ends after tonight and we pull off a trade. Although Lou is a great goalie we need the cap room ASAP.

Part of me wants to see Lou in net, because I don't think it's fair to Cory to be feed to the wolves again tonight. But I also feel if he is going to be our starter he has to play through situations like this.

Think we will drop this one, make some team adjustments this week and start building from there.

Luongo starting tonight according to twitter.

Would've given Schneider another chance personally, but I have no problem with Luongo either. It appears that AV will be keeping both goalies on a short leash and we will go with a tandem rather than a clearly defined starter. I guess there's not much time in a short season for trying to work out your problems. Go with your best every night.

You spelt Ebbett and Gagner wrong.

I hope we bounce back. We can't play as bad as we did yesterday can we? Hate not having a second line. It makes it boring to watch. We played better than the score reflected yesterday. Looking forward to Garrison again. He is a gamer.

Archived