Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

GDT: 01/20/13 Edmonton @ Vancouver 6PM

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
996 replies to this topic

#121 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

So you admit, you're a Negative Nancy?

What?
Posted Image

#122 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,949 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Canucks win in a landslide...........................

1-0

#123 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:59 PM

Kirk McLean called, he wants you to stop using his name.

Actually I think that's short for Mr Clean 1.

Was also thinking that comment was an embarresment to Kirk's name.

Also, why isn't Kapernick running the ball?

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#124 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

Lol edmontons going to destroy us, especially with their speed.

My lineup would of been

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Lapierre-Kassian
Higgins-Ebbett-Hansen
Volpatti-Pinnizzotto-Weise

I would rather see Malhotra on that 3rd line. Ebbett can watch from the press box.

#125 Yung Pony

Yung Pony

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

I hope we win...it's selfish, but I don't want to have to avoid the forums tonight if it regresses back in to Crybaby Dot Com.

Don't worry, the CDC will probably crash like it always does. Seriously why can the NHL spring for better hosting? CDC is the most active fan board in the NHL
Posted Image

#126 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

It's not about crashing, but how everyone freaks out and cries after one loss, of the very first game of the year.

One of the reasons Boston won in the SCF is their fans support. They don't jump off the wagon after on loss etc.
Posted Image

#127 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

MG better make a move on Luongo soon cause this is turning into a crap show already. I can't believe all the negativity towards Schneider... Its 1 ???? game... a regular season game to boot. The only reason Luongo is going to be traded and the negativity towards the guy is his playoff meltdowns.. Plain and simple. Those thinking Luongo is going to stay here? Are you for real or did u forget your meds.. for christ sakes. its done.

MG better make a move on Luongo soon cause this is turning into a crap show already. I can't believe all the negativity towards Schneider... Its 1 ???? game... a regular season game to boot. The only reason Luongo is going to be traded and the negativity towards the guy is his playoff meltdowns.. Plain and simple. Those thinking Luongo is going to stay here? Are you for real or did u forget your meds.. for christ sakes. its done.

Agree but more importantly one has to question AV here.

Not sure if you watched the afternoon game but its the first time I've agreed with Milbury. He said, simply Schieds shouldn't have been pulled given the 'crapstorm' it would start, the fact he is their number 1 and he is a heck of a goalie.

Its a very intelligent point (suprising from milbury). Moreover, starting Lou today after pulling your number 1 is stupidity.

Is this man trying to fan the flames of a contraversy or actually manage it...

Completely stupid move by AV but not the first move that's made me wonder about the guy.

#128 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

I could see Higgins getting bumped to the second, he was non-existant yesterday.

If we can't field a second line we might as well have two 3's and play the trap. That really is what we're built on anyway.

I would try

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Lapierre Raymond

Higgins Ebbett Hansen

or switch Hansen and Kassian

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#129 Glory Days

Glory Days

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,875 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Canucks will be hungry and they got what they deserved last night. Oilers got a great young team but no goalie. Lou is one of the best in the World and tonight he will show it yet again in this goalie graveyard town.

Go Canucks Go!!!! Called it soon as lockout over.....Canucks will win 35 games this season and coast into the playoff where we will 16 playoff games and finally land Lord Stanley for the Canucks.

Enjoy the game......Love the fact NHL is back...can turn TV on finally this Winter.
Posted Image

When I get older I will be stronger,
they'll call me freedom just like a wavin flag

#130 Laoag

Laoag

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

It's not about crashing, but how everyone freaks out and cries after one loss, of the very first game of the year.

One of the reasons Boston won in the SCF is their fans support. They don't jump off the wagon after on loss etc.

i like this comment.

its true fellow canucks fans! in my opinion we have a great fan base... but there are people out there that blow my mind with how little hockey knowledge they have. I think the fans affect the success of the team more then the players or even the fans ever want to admit.

support the team wether they are high or low... thats when we will get the best results.

in a perfect world we wouldnt see knee jerk reactions and negative rants based on emotion damage people get when the canucks lose/arent doing so well...

quick Luongo note... I am absolutely amazed with him. he has been so professional in all of this... i hope he stays. with all due respect sent to cory schneider I take luongo over cory.

Edited by Laoag, 20 January 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#131 Mclean1

Mclean1

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

Kirk McLean called, he wants you to stop using his name.

good one,that made my day,now elvis go have your banana sandwich.... Cory isn't starting thank god so we might have a better chance.

Edited by Mclean1, 20 January 2013 - 02:47 PM.

#132 Laoag

Laoag

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Not sure if you watched the afternoon game but its the first time I've agreed with Milbury. He said, simply Schieds shouldn't have been pulled given the 'crapstorm' it would start, the fact he is their number 1 and he is a heck of a goalie.

Its a very intelligent point (suprising from milbury). Moreover, starting Lou today after pulling your number 1 is stupidity.

Completely stupid move by AV but not the first move that's made me wonder about the guy.

Trust me... i think this image is lame.. cliche and i never use it... but i have too.... :picard:

#133 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

Why wouldn't you pull him? We play to win not to appease the media. You should know better than to agree with MM. We all have weak moments.

Edited by Dogbyte, 20 January 2013 - 03:05 PM.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#134 miked1101

miked1101

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

Why wouldn't you pull him? We play to win not to appease the media. You should know better than to agree with MM. We all have weak moments.

Exactly. Any game Schneider loses or Luongo wins while he's still here the media is going to jump on it (and all the fans who love to start the fire AV, etc threads).

AV and Gillis just need to stick to their game plan, they have no control over the media.

Edited by miked1101, 20 January 2013 - 03:11 PM.

#135 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

Luongo plays unreal tonight. Bad defence continues, but Lu steals this one.

Posted Image

#136 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Exactly. Any game Schneider loses or Luongo wins while he's still here the media is going to jump on it (and all the fans who love to start the fire AV, etc threads).

AV and Gillis just need to stick to their game plan, they have no control over the media.

Exactly ... CDC is so panic mode it's hilarious. Play the best goalie, which is Lou right now. He has something to prove and he's a vetern calming influence.

Gotta use the assets. It's about winning not playing goalie controversey.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#137 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

do any of you understand hockey? its not about appeasing media , its about allowing your number 1 to bounce back and cut the stupidity around the team vs further enflaming it...

think a bit maybe? who's going? we know who...so yes lets start panicking and assuming lou is staying bec of 1game? think much?

lets trade schnieds for kadri then he's gonna get 48 in 48 bc every player will play exactly the same for all 48...it will be a steal!

if you dont think lou is going time to pull your heads out of your you know whats

#138 Ryan Murray

Ryan Murray

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

I think Eager is going to be undisciplined tonight; he hates Vancouver, and our fans. Therefore, we will get a lot of Power-Play opportunities. I think we will take this one against a strong Edmonton offense 4-3.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#139 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Exactly ... CDC is so panic mode it's hilarious. Play the best goalie, which is Lou right now. He has something to prove and he's a vetern calming influence.

Gotta use the assets. It's about winning not playing goalie controversey.

Lou is the best goalie? Bec of 1 game it changes? Lol

WOW

I hope this isn't how you make decisions in your personal life. Oh well I had a bad day at work, I better quit immediately!

#140 Ryan Murray

Ryan Murray

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Lou is the best goalie? Bec of 1 game it changes? Lol

WOW

I hope this isn't how you make decisions in your personal life. Oh well I had a bad day at work, I better quit immediately!

Best goalie RIGHT NOW, buddy. He didn't say anything about who is the actual best goalie.

Edited by Ryan Murray, 20 January 2013 - 03:34 PM.

Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#141 ExpectoPatronum

ExpectoPatronum

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Back to back game with not much time to fix whatever the hell went wrong last night. But it can't be as bad as yesterday, can it?

Posted Image

#142 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,540 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

I hope we win tonight. This place becomes a cesspool after a loss.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#143 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,648 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD ARE F'ING RETARDED

ITS A FACT NOW

You fall under that category too.

Starting Lu is the right move.

Really there is no right move, it's dealing with fire either way, so we have to pick the one that is more of a bon fire than a forest fire.

If Schneids goes in and Loses in another bad effort, then suddenly the world is flipped upside down and there will be all the questions of who to keep for the long haul, exc. that's the worst case scenerio. It just adds to the media circus.

Then with Lu, win or lose Schneids will go in and play the next game, if Lu wins it will calm to team down and we will play better when Cory goes in which will help him get his confidence, if Lu goes in and loses then whatever, we can see then we still have Schneids to go back to in the next game.

A much less risky scenerio going with Lu in this one, and either goalie is capable of giving us a solid game so I don't see why we wouldn't go back to Lu in this back to back scenerio.

zackass.png

#144 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD ARE F'ING RETARDED

ITS A FACT NOW

You appear to have your jimmies rustled and tustled. Also, It's*. And you're talking about people being "retarded". bur2mglny pls

#145 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,774 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

So you admit, you're a Negative Nancy?

Please try to make sense.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#146 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

If Raymond-Ebbett-Kassian are together I see us getting dominated once again.

One thing that really bothered me last night is when the game was already out of reach in the third, why didn't AV give Kassian some more minutes or switch up the 2nd line a bit?

Why does he always have to wait until we fail miserably to change anything.

You could tell Kassian was super nervous, getting more ice time would have given him some extra confidence for tonight.

If we want to make the playoffs with Kes and Booth out we need Kassian to step up and develop but he's not going to do that with 10 mins a game playing with Ebbett and Raymond,

I just don't understand his coaching, he doesn't know how to prepare his players for anything, as we all saw against LA.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#147 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

You fall under that category too.

Starting Lu is the right move.

Really there is no right move, it's dealing with fire either way, so we have to pick the one that is more of a bon fire than a forest fire.

If Schneids goes in and Loses in another bad effort, then suddenly the world is flipped upside down and there will be all the questions of who to keep for the long haul, exc. that's the worst case scenerio. It just adds to the media circus.

Then with Lu, win or lose Schneids will go in and play the next game, if Lu wins it will calm to team down and we will play better when Cory goes in which will help him get his confidence, if Lu goes in and loses then whatever, we can see then we still have Schneids to go back to in the next game.

A much less risky scenerio going with Lu in this one, and either goalie is capable of giving us a solid game so I don't see why we wouldn't go back to Lu in this back to back scenerio.

I somewhat disagree. If Luo plays well and gets the win I can see him starting again.

#148 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,774 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

do any of you understand hockey? its not about appeasing media , its about allowing your number 1 to bounce back and cut the stupidity around the team vs further enflaming it...

think a bit maybe? who's going? we know who...so yes lets start panicking and assuming lou is staying bec of 1game? think much?

lets trade schnieds for kadri then he's gonna get 48 in 48 bc every player will play exactly the same for all 48...it will be a steal!

if you dont think lou is going time to pull your heads out of your you know whats

Actually hockey is about winning the game.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#149 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

4-1
D Sedin
Bieksa
Kassian
Hansen

RNH

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#150 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,648 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

I somewhat disagree. If Luo plays well and gets the win I can see him starting again.

I doubt it, I think AV will be anxious to get Schneids back in net & get that 1st win ASAP to build up his confidence moving forward.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 20 January 2013 - 03:50 PM.

zackass.png

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.