996 replies to this topic

#151 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

If Raymond-Ebbett-Kassian are together I see us getting dominated once again.

One thing that really bothered me last night is when the game was already out of reach in the third, why didn't AV give Kassian some more minutes or switch up the 2nd line a bit?

Arniel played Ebbett with Kassian on the Wolves. It was clear to me then that the two didn`t have chemistry. If AV had been following these guys down there at all, he would know that.

Even though it was only a scrimmage, you could tell there was something there with the Raymond-Schroeder-Kassian line. Schroeder knows how to get the puck to the open guy, Ebbett doesn`t.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#152 Cox

Cox

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Dubnyk is much better than u think..Dont under estimate the Edmonton oilers this year..they will start fast as they did last year lets hope it doesn't matter how the start is lets worry how we finish..

I'm not underestimating the oilers, they should have a good team after all the draft picks theyve accumulated over the past years. I'm just saying Dubnyk is rather unproven. He's played just over a hundred games total in the NHL, and even though the team in front of him has been rather poor and has been rebuilding, good goalies will steal games, which he has not so far in his career. Whether its luongo or schneider, i'd take either over dubnyk

Aside from this, if the canucks want to win tonight they will need to slow the oilers down, take no penalties, and play physically. They are a highly skillful team, but lack in size. If the canucks can hammer them with hits it will slow them right down.

!!!GO CANUCKS GO!!!

#153 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

All I really want tonight is for someone to clean Yakupov's clock, whether it's Edler, Kassian, Volpatti, Weise...actually no. You know what'd be even better? A patented Keith Ballard hipcheck.

Edited by mrsasaki, 20 January 2013 - 04:01 PM.

CDC Sim Connected: Nashville GM
LOB (PS3): Boston GM

#154 Apricot

Apricot

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

Niners win! Now its time for the Nucks to win tonight! :D

ahmet-maranki-kayisi-yagi.jpg

Previously known as CanucksRuleAll, CRA or Cantaloupe.

RIP RR, LB, PD. Forever in our hearts <3

#155 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

We`ve always played poorly against the Ducks for some reason. I`m not really surprised we lost to them. I didn`t think we`d allow 7 goals, but the end result is the same. Selanne loves playing the Canucks.

The Canucks are used to easing into the season by playing the Flames a couple times. The Ducks are better than the standings usually show.

I have a feeling we`ll see a much different team tonight.

Posted Image

#156 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

As badly as I want Luongo to stand on his head and pitch a shutout to steal the #1 spot back, these Oilers have been playing all season long and are in mid-season shape. They've embarassed our defence before and they'll do it again, but we can't start 0-2.

4-3 Canucks win, the Sedins with 3 points each and Kassian with a goal or two. Our PP tears up their PK in this one.
Posted Image

#157 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,985 posts

3rd line should be the 2nd...

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

#158 DreamHerO

DreamHerO

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

5-1 Edmonton, going to get destroyed
Posted Image

#159 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Excited to see how Luongo will perform as the starting goalie tonight.

I would think similar to how he performed as the starting goalie the past 6 seasons...

Oilers top line has been playing together for quite a while (minus when Nugent-Hopkins was hurt/playing at the WJC)...I think they have their game legs a bit more than the Canucks do.

3-1 Oilers tonight sadly is my call...not because the Canucks got blown out last night, but coming into this weekend I thought this would be the game they lost based on game experience this year.

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#160 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

We`ve always played poorly against the Ducks for some reason. I`m not really surprised we lost to them. I didn`t think we`d allow 7 goals, but the end result is the same. Selanne loves playing the Canucks.

The Canucks are used to easing into the season by playing the Flames a couple times. The Ducks are better than the standings usually show.

I have a feeling we`ll see a much different team tonight.

Me neither, I called a loss (albeit I said 3-2). The Ducks have a lot of size up front, and the Canucks usually have a difficult time with them.

Oilers are a better matchup. Combined with the fact all the guys in the room must be feeling pretty embarrassed right now, and I predict a good showing from the boys tonight.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#161 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,416 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

i'm predicting a high scoring game

Edm's forwards are gona be coming out guns blazing, lets see if they can keep the puck out of their own net

#162 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

All I really want tonight is for someone to clean Yakupov's clock, whether it's Edler, Kassian, Volpatti, Weise...actually no. You know what'd be even better? A patented Keith Ballard hipcheck.

The Oilers always seem to get destroyed by the Nucks physically

Eberle down thanks to Edler and Ballard
Hall down thanks to Edler
Nugent Hopkins down thanks to Oreskovich
Hemsky down thanks to Glass
Sutton down thanks to Volpatti (he still on the oil?)
Stortini down thanks to Rypien
Hordichuk down thanks to Ballard
Plante down thanks to Weise

Who's next? N/J.Schultz? Yakupov?
Can't wait to see
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#163 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,377 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

The Oilers always seem to get destroyed by the Nucks physically

Eberle down thanks to Edler and Ballard
Hall down thanks to Edler
Nugent Hopkins down thanks to Oreskovich
Hemsky down thanks to Glass
Sutton down thanks to Volpatti (he still on the oil?)
Stortini down thanks to Rypien
Hordichuk down thanks to Ballard
Plante down thanks to Weise

Who's next? N/J.Schultz? Yakupov?
Can't wait to see

Kassian welcomes Yakupov to the NHL by lighting him up ;)

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#164 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,084 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

All this talk about Edmonton's youth playing in OKC... not like OKC is tearing up the league or anything.

aXmDa9t.gif

#165 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

Kassian welcomes Yakupov to the NHL by lighting him up ;)

As long as Kassian gets more icetime then Volpatti tonight, I'll be happy.

Posted Image

#166 CanuckinEdm

CanuckinEdm

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Is it actually confirmed luongo will start?

#167 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Is it actually confirmed luongo will start?

Yeah lol
Posted Image

#168 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Good to see Luongo starting in net. However, I did expect AV to give Schneider another opportunity to make a good start for this season for Vancouver.
Posted Image

#169 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,940 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

As badly as I want Luongo to stand on his head and pitch a shutout to steal the #1 spot back, these Oilers have been playing all season long and are in mid-season shape. They've embarassed our defence before and they'll do it again, but we can't start 0-2.

4-3 Canucks win, the Sedins with 3 points each and Kassian with a goal or two. Our PP tears up their PK in this one.

Of course they can. Honestly, after back to back President's trophy and playoff disappointment, I think they're just looking at getting into the playoffs healthy and on a roll.

It's not how you start, it's how you finish. If this lineup can get healthy and stay in the playoff race, they could easily hit the post-season on a big time roll.

If not, there's no playoffs, but a very nice draft position in an incredibly deep draft wouldn't be so bad. Maybe even deal Lu at the draft for a second 1st rounder to keep the Cup window open for a long time to come.

#170 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,631 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

5-3 nux win.

slow page loads on cdc.....business as usual i guess.

#171 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,940 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Good to see Luongo starting in net. However, I did expect AV to give Schneider another opportunity to make a good start for this season for Vancouver.

I did too, but Luongo was scheduled to start and both goalies know that AV sticks to his scheduled starter in almost every instance. Some reflection time might be good for Schneids too

#172 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

I did too, but Luongo was scheduled to start and both goalies know that AV sticks to his scheduled starter in almost every instance. Some reflection time might be good for Schneids too

Well, I didn't anticipate AV would use the goaltenders in tandem, because he has been doing this for the last two years, and despite its effectiveness, Schneider wanted more ice time, whereas, Luongo opted to be traded. Ideally, tandem goaltending, at this stage of the game, I thought, would be the best strategy for the Canucks.
Posted Image

#173 marc2001

marc2001

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

The canucks need a 2nd line that can AT LEAST get some hits and energy so our 4th line can do some scoring.... :bigblush:

RIP Luc Bourdon

#174 unknown33429

unknown33429

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Oilers don't have the D to stop the Sedins. I expect a win.

Are you CRAZY??? Trade Green for ONE first round pick?? He's restricted after this season.... He WILL get an offer sheet for 7-8 million from a number of teams regardless if he plays another minute for us or not. That offer sheet would be worth 4 first round draft choices.

Some fans overrate their players, and then there is this guy.

#175 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,940 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Well, I didn't anticipate AV would use the goaltenders in tandem, because he has been doing this for the last two years, and despite its effectiveness, Schneider wanted more ice time, whereas, Luongo opted to be traded. Ideally, tandem goaltending, at this stage of the game, I thought, would be the best strategy for the Canucks.

It will settle into that, probably a 60/40 split I think. Understandable that they would give them a start each to open the season.

#176 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

As long as Kassian gets more icetime then Volpatti tonight, I'll be happy.

What exactly did Kassian do to make so many Canuck fans in this thread clamour for more minutes given to him?

He was -1 and didn't even register a shot. Volpatti, at the very least, threw a couple of heavy hits, a very big one on Bryan Allen.

What did Kassian do? Honestly?

#177 Nazzyfan1993

Nazzyfan1993

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

I say 6-3 Oilers. Just a gut feeling.

Oilers score 6 straight, but the Canucks dominate the 3rd period with goals from Raymond, Burrows, and Kassian. Not enough for a complete comeback though.

Lu is kept in for all six goals.

#178 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,940 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

What exactly did Kassian do to make so many Canuck fans in this thread clamour for more minutes given to him?

He was -1 and didn't even register a shot. Volpatti, at the very least, threw a couple of heavy hits, a very big one on Bryan Allen.

What did Kassian do? Honestly?

He carried the puck into the zone very well, he played with a decent physical presence, went to the net and was good, positionally, in his own end. I thought he was solid from beginning to end, and I noticed him on almost every shift. If he played with a better c-man last night, I think he would have done some damage. That's just how I saw it though.

#179 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

He carried the puck into the zone very well, he played with a decent physical presence, went to the net and was good, positionally, in his own end. I thought he was solid from beginning to end, and I noticed him on almost every shift. If he played with a better c-man last night, I think he would have done some damage. That's just how I saw it though.

Yep, pretty much. He was more noticable than Raymond.

I don't know what King is gonna do if Kassian scores. His head will probably explode.

Edited by DeNiro, 20 January 2013 - 05:39 PM.

Posted Image

#180 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

I predict an Oiler's win, but a closer game... Vancouver will be embarrassed by last night, but the Oilers have too many advantages over them in this game - the biggest one being games played. However... Dubnyk hasn't played yet, so maybe if the Canucks get him early... But, I'm saying 4-3 or 5-4 for the Oil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.