The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Window for winning the Stanley Cup is officially closed

Anima

Frack people and their positive thinking. Fans have the right to be angry at all the things that are going wrong. It's just stupid to think Canucks is perfect or even great. For those who say it's only one game, this isn't the first time Canucks lose to Ducks by a large margin. This happens 8 out of 10 times. Whenever Canucks win against Ducks, it's only by 1 or 2 goals versus 5-6 goals vice versa. Canucks always need the perfect set up and a few dozen passes before a shot gets taken. Ducks skates in and does a casual wrister and it's in the back of the net. I'd be happy if a Canuck can even hit the net from 5 feet. Frack management for their seniority mentality and not respecting young players' performances. Frack AV for "disciplined plays" aka boring and predictable plays.

Hate to tell u nazi mods the truth but he's right, it's not the players that I hate or the coaches... It's the idiotic owners. I would boycott the entire NHL if people would do it with me. I'm too much of a hockey fan not too watch though.. If someone dangled cash in front of your face wouldn't u take it? But maybe a year or two later we should take some of it back because u gave too much money away. It's a disgrace that the higher eshilon of players made the PA look bad because they are the rich ones and they fought but if not them then who? Yah they are over payed... but for the two sides to come to an agreement after this long is a slap in the face to every fan who stuck by the nhl through 2 lockouts and now 3. its an absolute joke and I for one am disgusted to even look at some of these posts and comments, u all are horrible brainwashed bandwagoners who probably would lick the juices from filthy mod scum instead of actually saying what u feel, good riddance and good on you for speaking up dragon!

Nothing wrong with positive thinking, fans have a right to still feel positive about their team even if there has been a minor set-back. "All of the things that are going wrong" can be remedied, with a bit of effort on the part of the players, the coaches and management over time. Time is measured as the amount needed before Kesler and Booth return, and if/when Luongo is traded this season. If you wish to be angry about this, knock yourself out it it makes you feel better, but I suspect it will lead to an ulcer.

Yup. Not sure who is suggesting that sort of thing. You may wish to re-read those posts when you are a bit less annoyed.

Yeah, they've done fairly well against the Canucksover the last few seasons. And the Canucks have lost to other teams by a large margin. It will probably happen again, but not too often. The challenge is to let it go when a loss such this happens, otherwise they'll always be losing like that rather than seldomly losing like that. I think they've been pretty sucessful in that regard.

Yeah, those "casual" plays like Anaheim has got them to 25th place last season and out of the playoffs two of the last three seasons. Yeah, the Canucks should go that route.

regards,

G.

After watching 18 yr old Scott Laughton be the best player on the ice today for Philly, Kadri scoring the leafs first goal, guys like Palmieri, Smith-Pelley, and Fowler buzzing around last night, the only problem I see is giving guys like Ebett a spot over Schroeder. The canucks had next to no-one play during the lockout and on such a veteran team a young guy with a lot to prove would have added some much needed energy.

You know hockey is officially back when:

55173_original.jpg

1) The panic button has been pressed after a blowout loss.

nuclear_7.jpg

2) The team is 0-1-0 - Blow it up and go for the #1 draft pick!!!

24901148.jpg

3) Salary Cap is lowering and the window to the Stanley Cup is closed - Trade The Core!!!!!!

4) All of the Above.

Rather than have multiple post putting down someone else's post or the ones calling fellow posters Leaf fans, why don't we have an actual discussion.

From my standpoint, we do have trouble playing against the teams with bigger players like Getz and Perry etc or against tight checking teams. The Canucks are not scoring that many goals playing against the bigger tight checking teams.

So what's the answer? Should the Sedins be split up when we play teams like the Ducks so that we spread the talent throughout the lineup? It is not productive to have them bulldozed by a Getz or Chara type player. That is problem 1.

Problem 2 is that our defense is having a huge problem of shutting those bigger players down. They skate into our zone and just impose their will by skating through our dmen.

Problem 3 is that the Canucks rely on the PP to bail them out because they are not scoring that many even strength goals against bigger teams. The problem becomes even bigger when the playoffs arrive because the refs put the whistle away. There is no sense in whining that a penalty should have been called because they should have enough playoff experience now to know that they can't rely on PPs to win the game.

I don't buy into the argument about the window closing either. We have a group of talented players but just not the right mix at this point to go all the way. This team needs tweaking and maybe the Luongo trade will address that. The Sedins need a huge Getz size skilled player on their line (nothing against Burrows but he is not big enough to open up the room for the Sedins to operate in). If your top 2 lines are getting shut down, something is wrong and last night the most effective line was the 4th line and they are not going to score to many goals.

The Canucks do not have to contend with huge players tonight so we should see a better game....but it still does not lessen the need to address the shortcomings.

Archived