The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrew Ebbett

klw604

I know it's one game but man does he suck.

He's not big enough to win battles along the boards

He's just not good enough to be playing in the big leagues

Raymond and Kassian looked fine last night, they need a center to get them the puck.

Schroeder and Ebbett had nearly identical stats across the board with the wolves this season. Its clear that going into training camp, then one who played the best would earn the second line responsibilities until Keslers healthy. He obviously earned it and outplayed his competition. I don't like it as much as the next fan but he seams to be our best short term solution right now within our system..

Wouldn't be surprised if he was called up after this game.

I think they want to try and determine whether they should keep Alberts or Barker.

Barker has offensive capabilities that we need if either Edler or Garrison go down with injuries. Alberts has a much steadier and physical game, although he's not a great defenseman, is a good depth defenseman.

Both players will for sure get picked up off waivers, so we have to be hesitant. I think we will end up keeping Barker because Alberts is redundant and is a less physical version of Vandermeer. But then again, we could keep Alberts because he's more steady and waive Barker if we think Connauton is ready to fill that role (I don't think so).

Ebbett was out of position all game last night. Raymond had to be every place at once on the ice to cover for him. Ebbett is just too slow, both on his skates and with the puck, to center a second line. One of Schroeder's biggest advantages is how positionally sound he is. That, more than any other reason, is why he deserves the spot over Ebbett.

Schroeder and Ebbett had nearly identical stats across the board with the wolves this season. Its clear that going into training camp, then one who played the best would earn the second line responsibilities until Keslers healthy. He obviously earned it and outplayed his competition. I don't like it as much as the next fan but he seams to be our best short term solution right now within our system..

We need a center with some size and grit for the 2nd line. Someone like Ryan Kesler......

Schroeder should get a chance. I don't think he'd make much more of an impact than Ebbet, but he should get a try.

Bottom line, until Kesler is back we're not going anywhere anyway.

its not ebbetts fault they scored 7 times

with that said he was pretty forgettable last night - but you could say that about most of the team. what did you guys expect coming into the season with 2 top 6 forwards injured? besides the sedin line, were going to have to play a shut down game to expect to be in a playoff position when we get kesler and booth back.

ebbett wont be sent down or press boxed after the first game in a shortened season, but like most of you im expecting to see schroeder called up sooner than later to see if he can bring some scoring to our 2nd.

Archived