The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver & Winnipeg

To Winnipeg:

Mason Raymond

To Vancouver:

Nikolai Antropov

Edit: Possibly add a pick going in one direction to wash out any value difference. i.e either Raymond + a 4th for Antropov or vice versa, depending on your opinion.

Why for Vancouver:

1. With Kesler and Booth injured the Canucks could use some size up front now, having BOTH Raymond and either Ebbett or JS is too small of a top-6. Antropov is not a huge hitter, but he does throws hits and is very strong on the puck. He's literally a giant at 6'6.

2. With the possibility of future injury Antropov can play C or W.

3. Antropov is good for 15-20 goals a year and can play anywhere in the top-9.

4. It has been a while since Raymond has been able to find chemistry on a line.

5. Having a big body on the 2nd PP in front of the net could be helpful.. Higgins - Antropov - Lapierre or Burrows - Higgins - Antropov.. and healthy Burrows - Antropov - Booth.

Why for the Jets:

1. The Jets PK was very poor last year and that continued in the opener, Raymond's speed could help and under AV he has shown to be good on the PK.

2. Jets have liked to bring in players with previous success as Moose.

3. In Nikolai's last 20 games last year his ice time went down significantly, and last night he only played around 12-13 minutes, signalling a mistrust between him and the coach IMO.

4. Raymond has a higher potential offensively if he can re-find his game with a change of scenery.

Pending UFA for pending UFA.

Hmm, not bad actually.

I don't like Raymond, and wouldn't be pumped to have him on the Jets. However, like all Jets fans, I really don't like Antropov. If Scheifle sticks this season, then maybe it's worth it. Raymond would likely be a 3rd liner on the team and would serve as a huge upgrade to our terrible PK.

This trade makes sense for both teams. The Jets won't be re-signing Antropov anyway, so there's no loss there. I think this trade depends entirely on the Canucks, their relationship with Raymond, and whether they think he can help down the stretch more than Antropov.

Win for both teams.

Hmm, not bad actually.

I don't like Raymond, and wouldn't be pumped to have him on the Jets. However, like all Jets fans, I really don't like Antropov. If Scheifle sticks this season, then maybe it's worth it. Raymond would likely be a 3rd liner on the team and would serve as a huge upgrade to our terrible PK.

This trade makes sense for both teams. The Jets won't be re-signing Antropov anyway, so there's no loss there. I think this trade depends entirely on the Canucks, their relationship with Raymond, and whether they think he can help down the stretch more than Antropov.

Win for both teams.

Archived