Edit: Possibly add a pick going in one direction to wash out any value difference. i.e either Raymond + a 4th for Antropov or vice versa, depending on your opinion.
Why for Vancouver:
1. With Kesler and Booth injured the Canucks could use some size up front now, having BOTH Raymond and either Ebbett or JS is too small of a top-6. Antropov is not a huge hitter, but he does throws hits and is very strong on the puck. He's literally a giant at 6'6.
2. With the possibility of future injury Antropov can play C or W.
3. Antropov is good for 15-20 goals a year and can play anywhere in the top-9.
4. It has been a while since Raymond has been able to find chemistry on a line.
5. Having a big body on the 2nd PP in front of the net could be helpful.. Higgins - Antropov - Lapierre or Burrows - Higgins - Antropov.. and healthy Burrows - Antropov - Booth.
Why for the Jets:
1. The Jets PK was very poor last year and that continued in the opener, Raymond's speed could help and under AV he has shown to be good on the PK.
2. Jets have liked to bring in players with previous success as Moose.
3. In Nikolai's last 20 games last year his ice time went down significantly, and last night he only played around 12-13 minutes, signalling a mistrust between him and the coach IMO.
4. Raymond has a higher potential offensively if he can re-find his game with a change of scenery.
Pending UFA for pending UFA.
Edited by Teemu Selšnne, 20 January 2013 - 12:39 PM.