The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Did you notice AV's subtle move with Manny on the PK?

rizzuto&hatoum

Did you see Manny losing 3 straight faceoffs on the first PK, the last one to a winger (Selanne) on the Souray goal? They were all lost on the right faceoff dot in front of the goalie.

On the next PK, AV inserted Lapierre, instead of Malhotra, on the right dot face-off, which Hamhuis fumbled on and allowed Perry to score.

Appears AV has lost a bit of confidence in a guy who's forte is no longer his forte. It's a sin to lose a faceoff to a winger, maybe even more than once.

That's besides the point. He's a winger, and our supposed ace centre at face-offs lost it to him. I really love Manny and the leadership he brings, but since that injury, he has been really below average. He dropped from our 3rd to 4th line and is showing no signs of improvement. I'm hoping it's just a bad start to the year, but it doesn't seem that way.

His faceoffs were just as good last year after the injury as they were before it. The only thing I think might affect him is not being allowed to use your glove to push it back, which he does often when it's not a clean win. I'll reserve judgement until we have a larger sample size to go on, but I'll do the same to see if he's been able to gain back any of his ability in open play as well.

Imagine a 4th line of Volpatti-Lapierre-Weise, they're going to destroy when everyone is healthy. Malholtra better not be the on the team. His play could end up costing us a playoff spot in this shortened season, I would rather have Schroeder.

The only thing Manny is better at then Schroeder imo is faceoffs and he's not that great at them either anymore....

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins-Schroeder-Hansen

Volpatti-Lapierre-Weise

Raymond

Manny didn't play that well, but the faceoff dot on the right side is not the strong side for any left-handed centreman.

Guarantee that if Kesler was playing or Lapierre wasn't in the box, either of them would've taken that faceoff instead of Manny

Yeah as was stated once, but ignored by many.. Manny takes faceoffs on the left dot, of all his faceoffs last year (he took the most in the NHL) only 13% were on the right side.

He won a lot more than ebbett did.. that guy mid as well just hand the puck to the other team and save 5 seconds.

Yeah as was stated once, but ignored by many.. Manny takes faceoffs on the left dot, of all his faceoffs last year (he took the most in the NHL) only 13% were on the right side.

He won a lot more than ebbett did.. that guy mid as well just hand the puck to the other team and save 5 seconds.

Manny didn't play that well, but the faceoff dot on the right side is not the strong side for any left-handed centreman.

Guarantee that if Kesler was playing or Lapierre wasn't in the box, either of them would've taken that faceoff instead of Manny

Archived