29 replies to this topic

#1 janisahockeynut

janisahockeynut

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

OK, Everyone Relax! And stick to the facts!

To state the obvious!

#1. Our best defensive centre is a month away from playing
#2. Our 1st PP RW is a month away
#3. Our intense/fast/skate hard every shift player is a month away
#4. Yes Kesler is away for a month! Hard to replace that!

#5. Booth is away for a month.........

#6. To my count, although I didn't work at it hard, we had what 4 players skate through the lock out and really they were all bottom end players

#7. Give them some time, it is not the first 20 games that count anyways! Check the math.

20 games = 40 pts........................if you win 40% you have 16 ploints

if you win 60 % you have 24 points

A difference of 4 wins, pretty easy to catch up, even if you have a tough start! And I don't care if we win the Presidents Cup or what ever, it would suit me fine if Kesler came back with 15 games to go, if we were sitting in 8, 9 , 10 spot in the conference, be would get a better draft position and we would probably end up around 6th in the Conference, which would be fine. It worked for LA, and quite frankly, I think you are better prepared for the playoffs, if you have to fight a little harder near the end of the regular season, if you can stay healthy, which is the obvious reason why the Canucks may not look as strong at the moment. It does unline a weakness at Centre that the Canucks have to address, but most of what happened against Anahiem was system, our first line is as good as anyones, our top four defensemen are near the top of the league, compared with other teams, and our Goaltending is also near the top........It was the system, and the fact that Ducks was resting as the Canucks were out in the community.......give them a few games! Relax!

Edited by zcaptain, 20 January 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#2 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

haha i agree, but I remember all these threads after we lost to LA in gm 1.

"Relaaxxx, it's only one game...."

Then we lost the next two. LOL.

Ofcourse, this is a different situation, and I have faith that the boys will bounce back.
Posted Image

#3 Bieksasangryface

Bieksasangryface

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

* slowly removes gun from mouth * one game you say? * puts gun away, returns to watching cody hoodgson wjc highlights *

#4 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,013 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Sedin-Sedin-Weise

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#5 Sick Hands

Sick Hands

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

I hate these relax everyone! threads.

Relaxing leads to mediocrity, soon we could relax our way right onto the golf course.

Not sure if anyone noticed but THIS IS OUR WINDOW...go all out guns blazing, I'd rather give us one last shot and wreck the team

and start a rebuild, building through the draft, not huge contracts to geezers who couldnt get it done.

Secondly, please dont spout the "Detroit model" garbage. We are not detroit and our drafting is laughable..

If we dont get it done this year start gutting the team, and building through the draft, Fire AV and Gillis also.

A Toast to Aquillini for getting Torterella.

An owner who knows what the people want.

That's entertainment.

#6 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Most of the solution the OP mentioned is several weeks away. It's too late by then. It's a shortened season.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#7 Durl Dixsun

Durl Dixsun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

To state the obvious!

#6. To my count, although I didn't work at it hard, we had what 4 players skate through the lock out and really they were all bottom end players

#7. Give them some time, it is not the first 20 games that count anyways! Check the math.

A difference of 4 wins, pretty easy to catch up, even if you have a tough start! And I don't care if we win the Presidents Cup or what ever, it would suit me fine if Kesler came back with 15 games to go, if we were sitting in 8, 9 , 10 spot in the conference, be would get a better draft position and we would probably end up around 6th in the Conference, which would be fine. It worked for LA, and quite frankly, I think you are better prepared for the playoffs, if you have to fight a little harder near the end of the regular season, if you can stay healthy, which is the obvious reason why the Canucks may not look as strong at the moment. It does unline a weakness at Centre that the Canucks have to address, but most of what happened against Anahiem was system, our first line is as good as anyones, our top four defensemen are near the top of the league, compared with other teams, and our Goaltending is also near the top........It was the system, and the fact that Ducks was resting as the Canucks were out in the community.......give them a few games! Relax!

ikr

Posted Image

#8 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

I agree it's only one game so CDC doesn't need to lose it

but one game is really like two games with half a season. So, really, we've already lost two games, and if we lose to EDM tonight we technically will have started the season 0-4

We need a much better effort tonight from the boys
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#9 Normal1

Normal1

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

SECOND LINE CENTER ..... never mind the goalie problem - Ebbett is too small ! (Did you see him try to check Ryan Getzlaf) Why is Mike Gillis sucking his thumb about the goalies when SCOTT GOMEZ
is available ??? Would he be an upgrade as a 2nd line center ? - for this year .... then go to 4th
line when Manny Malholtra is forced to retire ?
While Mike fumbles - GOMEZ will probably sign with either San Jose or Anaheim .... nice move, Mike !

#10 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,971 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

SECOND LINE CENTER ..... never mind the goalie problem - Ebbett is too small ! (Did you see him try to check Ryan Getzlaf) Why is Mike Gillis sucking his thumb about the goalies when SCOTT GOMEZ
is available ??? Would he be an upgrade as a 2nd line center ? - for this year .... then go to 4th
While Mike fumbles - GOMEZ will probably sign with either San Jose or Anaheim .... nice move, Mike !

Because the guy who scored 2 goals over the course of 2 years is our saviour. Riiight...

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#11 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

Gomez?? The guy only scored one goal last year and it took him like 60-70 games to get that one goal. Am confident Ebbett could at least match or exceed that output in a 48 game season.

Posted Image

#12 Wheels22

Wheels22

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

IT IS ONLY A HUNDRED THREADS!

#13 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

It's not just one game in that they come out flat disorganized and disinterested and slow season starts. Happens every year AV has been here and also blow outs are more recurrent. See Chicago, Boston, LA, etc

#14 forklift_ole

forklift_ole

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

It's only one game, sure, but it's a game that revealed problems with the team that need to be addressed. The team deserves our criticism after that game.

#15 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

To state the obvious!

20 games = 40 pts........................if you win 40% you have 16

Here's some more math: in a lockout shortened season, every game counts almost twice as much.

Items one through 6 are twice as serious than they otherwise would be, and are good reasons why the Canucks may well miss the playoffs this year.

#16 Miller32

Miller32

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

I know! Everyone just needs to relax. I hate it when everyone freaks out. I'm happy the moderators are on the prowl for Schneider hate threads. One game with our new starter and the flip floppers are out in full force, resting my face in my palm right now

Edited by Miller32, 20 January 2013 - 03:47 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,520 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Here's some more math: in a lockout shortened season, every game counts almost twice as much.

Items one through 6 are twice as serious than they otherwise would be, and are good reasons why the Canucks may well miss the playoffs this year.

it really counts as 4 games. Half the season so every game is like 4 pts but your only playing inter conference games so thats 2pts (really 4) that the ducks have on us.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#18 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,834 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Sometimes i really question the sanity of this organisation, just watching the way Hodgson played today and Kassian yesterday. Let's compare shall we:
Hodgson : 7 shots, 1 goal , 55% faceoff, +2 , 19.44 playing time.
Kassian : 0 shots, 0 goals , 0 assists, 0 faceoff, -1 , 11:20 playing time.
Yeah i know he was a baby and supposedly wanted out, but man this organisation has let some good ones get away.

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#19 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

ikr

Is that all you know how to say

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#20 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,127 posts

ikr
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#21 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Ikr

^^^Damn, beat me to It Armada!

Edited by RyanKeslord17, 20 January 2013 - 05:33 PM.

Posted Image

#22 nick_winch

nick_winch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

I hate when people say "it's only one game." You have to learn that Canucks fans are fickle and will always be upset after a loss. Saying that it is only one game just gets tired and annoying.
Posted Image

#23 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

so henrik lundqvist got pulled I guess their gonna have a goaltending controversy, quick was ventilated in his home opener, yikes nhl wide controversy oh no

#24 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

Sometimes i really question the sanity of this organisation, just watching the way Hodgson played today and Kassian yesterday. Let's compare shall we:
Yeah i know he was a baby and supposedly wanted out, but man this organisation has let some good ones get away.

Pointing out that a centre won more faceoffs than a winger is kind of a weak comparison. How many hits did Hodgson make? He many fights did he win?

#25 darkpoet

darkpoet

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,451 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

To state the obvious!

1. one player should not make this much of a difference on an elite team that has won the presidents trophy two years running
2. see #1
3. see #2
4. see #3

5. Booth is a wash. He will be traded.

6. true. our team took 6 months off (unless you count playing shinny at UBC) and now we're seeing the fruits of that labour.

7. 20 games don't count? How about 40 games? would that count? Because in a half season, that's what we're talking about, genius.

Edited by darkpoet, 21 January 2013 - 02:05 AM.

#26 janisahockeynut

janisahockeynut

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

1. one player should not make this much of a difference on an elite team that has won the presidents trophy two years running
2. see #1
3. see #2
4. see #3

5. Booth is a wash. He will be traded.

6. true. our team took 6 months off (unless you count playing shinny at UBC) and now we're seeing the fruits of that labour.

7. 20 games don't count? How about 40 games? would that count? Because in a half season, that's what we're talking about, genius.

Ok, first off.......all the experts say it will be a very tight race this year for the playoff spots, with alot of teams being just left out.......my point wasn't that 20 games don't count, but that the difference between winning 40% and 60% after 20 games isn't that large of a point spread to make up. I will say it slower if you would like!

Secondly, now that we have 4 games under our belt and are 2-1-1, all the bandwagoners like you are silent. If you were a prize fighter and got punched, you stay down and start crying after the first punch! Baby!

So, I got news for you sour bandwagoner! It will change again! The Canucks will not win all 44 remaining games! They will play good and bad, and you can go around every bad game and insult people for not panicing, or having a difference of opinion. In the mean time, RELAX! Goes for the rest of you wankers too!

#27 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,378 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

EDIT: I can't read post dates. Never mind.

Edited by drdeath, 26 January 2013 - 03:59 PM.

aXmDa9t.gif

#28 Swedish Vikings

Swedish Vikings

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Trade Mason Raymond! DONE

#29 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

:emot-parrot:

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#30 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,235 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

Trade Mason Raymond! DONE

Hey King. Funny that you're not answering anyone on the anti-Zack Kassian thread you made :bigblush:

Keswho.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.