The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

IT IS ONLY ONE GAME!

J.I.A.H.N

OK, Everyone Relax! And stick to the facts!

To state the obvious!

#1. Our best defensive centre is a month away from playing

#2. Our 1st PP RW is a month away

#3. Our intense/fast/skate hard every shift player is a month away

#4. Yes Kesler is away for a month! Hard to replace that!

#5. Booth is away for a month.........

#6. To my count, although I didn't work at it hard, we had what 4 players skate through the lock out and really they were all bottom end players

#7. Give them some time, it is not the first 20 games that count anyways! Check the math.

20 games = 40 pts........................if you win 40% you have 16 ploints

if you win 60 % you have 24 points

A difference of 4 wins, pretty easy to catch up, even if you have a tough start! And I don't care if we win the Presidents Cup or what ever, it would suit me fine if Kesler came back with 15 games to go, if we were sitting in 8, 9 , 10 spot in the conference, be would get a better draft position and we would probably end up around 6th in the Conference, which would be fine. It worked for LA, and quite frankly, I think you are better prepared for the playoffs, if you have to fight a little harder near the end of the regular season, if you can stay healthy, which is the obvious reason why the Canucks may not look as strong at the moment. It does unline a weakness at Centre that the Canucks have to address, but most of what happened against Anahiem was system, our first line is as good as anyones, our top four defensemen are near the top of the league, compared with other teams, and our Goaltending is also near the top........It was the system, and the fact that Ducks was resting as the Canucks were out in the community.......give them a few games! Relax!

I hate these relax everyone! threads.

Relaxing leads to mediocrity, soon we could relax our way right onto the golf course.

Not sure if anyone noticed but THIS IS OUR WINDOW...go all out guns blazing, I'd rather give us one last shot and wreck the team

and start a rebuild, building through the draft, not huge contracts to geezers who couldnt get it done.

Secondly, please dont spout the "Detroit model" garbage. We are not detroit and our drafting is laughable..

If we dont get it done this year start gutting the team, and building through the draft, Fire AV and Gillis also.

To state the obvious!

#6. To my count, although I didn't work at it hard, we had what 4 players skate through the lock out and really they were all bottom end players

#7. Give them some time, it is not the first 20 games that count anyways! Check the math.

20 games = 40 pts........................if you win 40% you have 16 ploints

if you win 60 % you have 24 points

A difference of 4 wins, pretty easy to catch up, even if you have a tough start! And I don't care if we win the Presidents Cup or what ever, it would suit me fine if Kesler came back with 15 games to go, if we were sitting in 8, 9 , 10 spot in the conference, be would get a better draft position and we would probably end up around 6th in the Conference, which would be fine. It worked for LA, and quite frankly, I think you are better prepared for the playoffs, if you have to fight a little harder near the end of the regular season, if you can stay healthy, which is the obvious reason why the Canucks may not look as strong at the moment. It does unline a weakness at Centre that the Canucks have to address, but most of what happened against Anahiem was system, our first line is as good as anyones, our top four defensemen are near the top of the league, compared with other teams, and our Goaltending is also near the top........It was the system, and the fact that Ducks was resting as the Canucks were out in the community.......give them a few games! Relax!

SECOND LINE CENTER ..... never mind the goalie problem - Ebbett is too small ! (Did you see him try to check Ryan Getzlaf) Why is Mike Gillis sucking his thumb about the goalies when SCOTT GOMEZ

is available ??? Would he be an upgrade as a 2nd line center ? - for this year .... then go to 4th

line when Manny Malholtra is forced to retire ?

While Mike fumbles - GOMEZ will probably sign with either San Jose or Anaheim .... nice move, Mike !

SECOND LINE CENTER ..... never mind the goalie problem - Ebbett is too small ! (Did you see him try to check Ryan Getzlaf) Why is Mike Gillis sucking his thumb about the goalies when SCOTT GOMEZ

is available ??? Would he be an upgrade as a 2nd line center ? - for this year .... then go to 4th

While Mike fumbles - GOMEZ will probably sign with either San Jose or Anaheim .... nice move, Mike !

To state the obvious!

20 games = 40 pts........................if you win 40% you have 16

I know! Everyone just needs to relax. I hate it when everyone freaks out. I'm happy the moderators are on the prowl for Schneider hate threads. One game with our new starter and the flip floppers are out in full force, resting my face in my palm right now

Sometimes i really question the sanity of this organisation, just watching the way Hodgson played today and Kassian yesterday. Let's compare shall we:

Hodgson : 7 shots, 1 goal , 55% faceoff, +2 , 19.44 playing time.

Kassian : 0 shots, 0 goals , 0 assists, 0 faceoff, -1 , 11:20 playing time.

Yeah i know he was a baby and supposedly wanted out, but man this organisation has let some good ones get away.

Archived