57 replies to this topic

#31 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,333 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Unless you're the Sedins, chemistry doesn't come instantly, which is something we should all know.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#32 Wheels22

Wheels22

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Then why did you say you should have watched that game instead if you were at work????????????????

Anyway. As it has been beaten to death in this thread, it has been 1 freaking game lol. I'm very quickly remembering why I stopped coming to this forum. 90% of it is dumb threads and posts like these.

I didn't say I was at work. I just said work. I had work to do.

#33 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,666 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

I thought they looked good...

Garrison has the mobility that Salo lost with age - also, he has the physicality.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#34 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Its all over, everything's over.

#35 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Edler and Salo had some insane pairing chemistry. I watched the game last night and it's so apparent Garrisson and Edler are not meshing very well. Now it could take some time so I'm not going to tell the Canucks to switch pairings but this isn't looking as good as we thought when we signed the coveted Free Agent.

I like Garrissons shot on the Powerplay but I'm in no way enamored by his defensive game. Hate to say it but Salo might have been the better choice. Cheaper, Experienced, Good Chemistry & Just as good shot if not better than Jason!

Gillis dropped the ball big time not re-upping Sami.

Edler and Salo didn't have good chemistry. Salo had to do all the work because Edler is brain dead defensively. At 38 your defensive partner should be doing the hard skating. Garrison is a way better player right now and for the future. People upset by the move need to realize that Ballard or Tanev would have needed to be moved so Sami could move to the third line.

If it was me I would put Edler on the 3rd line where he doesn't have to play a major defensive role.

Edited by Dogbyte, 20 January 2013 - 04:14 PM.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#36 SuperReverb2

SuperReverb2

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Thought Garrison and Edler looked GREAT last night. Garrison especially.

#37 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

..........they've had one game.

#38 gamasutra

gamasutra

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Someone give the OP a Sherlock Holmes award.

#39 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,026 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

What exactly was wrong with them?

They were a -1 just like pretty much everyone else on the team. Edler had a 2 point game as well.

I didn't see any one thing as a weakness last night, other than maybe goaltending. The team defense as a whole just wasn't there though.

Edited by DeNiro, 20 January 2013 - 04:26 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#40 NuckleheadFan

NuckleheadFan

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

It was just 1 game, with only 5 days training camp and isnt as familiar with the system.

#41 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Well obviously. They've only been playing on the same team for ONE game.

This! God I love this place, all the idiots come out of the woodworks when the team loses a game. Wonder how popular this team will be if they have a couple of back-to-back losing seasons again.

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#42 Steven Stamkos

Steven Stamkos

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

This thread makes me hate Canuck fans.
Posted Image
Credit to: Ballard_4

#43 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

One game and it's full on panic mode at CDC.

:frantic:

No it is not, it may seem that way if we only look at thread topics and not look at responses. The majority even on this crazy forum are calm while a few panicy people are dominating the thread making flow. So don't paint everyone with the same broad brush and instead try to think more positively that most of CDC probably would agree that it's just a single game and nothing to get worked up over.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#44 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,393 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

This thread makes me hate Canuck fans.

Then go cheer for another team. Cherrypicking a negative comment without reading the positive responses against if is equally annoying as the negative threads themselves.

No need to be elitist as you are in the majority camp and not a single beacon of reason in a sea of ignorance.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#45 Steven Stamkos

Steven Stamkos

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Then go cheer for another team. Cherrypicking a negative comment without reading the positive responses against if is equally annoying as the negative threads themselves.

No need to be elitist as you are in the majority camp and not a single beacon of reason in a sea of ignorance.

Why would I cheer for a different team when I said I hate the fans? Maybe I should say CDC makes me hate Canuck fans not just this thread.

Anyways as others in this thread have said it's been one game with a new team and a long break since the last meaningful game. Do you think someone can just instantly figure out how the other player plays like on a day to day basis?
Posted Image
Credit to: Ballard_4

#46 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,930 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

I thought they were ok last night. The thing that worries me, is they both like to pinch in and join the rush, thus leading to odd man rushes if one of them gets caught.

Perhaps changing the combonations and have Edler on the top line with Hamhuis and Bieksa with Garrison to cover up their mistakes.

#47 OntarioCanucker

OntarioCanucker

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

OP is right!!!, I went back to my NHL 2012 HUT team and aquired a Garrison card...and after comparing the 2 combos Edler/Salo had a better chemistry rating than Garrison/Edler.

Gawd, you'd think the coaching staff would take this into account when making lines jeez.

I know it's been 1 game but I think it's time to blow the team up...were doomed!

On a serious note, I expect a couple weeks of sloppy hockey league wide...GO NUX GO.

#48 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

I thought they were ok last night. The thing that worries me, is they both like to pinch in and join the rush, thus leading to odd man rushes if one of them gets caught.

Perhaps changing the combonations and have Edler on the top line with Hamhuis and Bieksa with Garrison to cover up their mistakes.

They will figure it out. Our team is the best in the league at knowing when to pinch and getting the point covered if the dman gets into a puck battle. I'm not worried at all.

We have the best top 4 in the league all signed under market value, we should be thrilled.

#49 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

I'd say Garrison and Edler already have good offensive chemistry; both guys have a similar style of attack.

On defense, they need to get to know each other.

You need to calm down.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#50 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

OP is right!!!, I went back to my NHL 2012 HUT team and aquired a Garrison card...and after comparing the 2 combos Edler/Salo had a better chemistry rating than Garrison/Edler.

Gawd, you'd think the coaching staff would take this into account when making lines jeez.

I know it's been 1 game but I think it's time to blow the team up...were doomed!

On a serious note, I expect a couple weeks of sloppy hockey league wide...GO NUX GO.

So awesome .... haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#51 Clinch16

Clinch16

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

The impatience of certain individuals *points* is hilarious. :lol:

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#53 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Garrison was under a lot of pressure. His first game with his new team, who happened to be his hometown club in a huge hockey market. Garrison is a hard worker, I have no doubt he'll come around and be a solid overall defenseman.

rundblad3_zpsc5e56154.png

#54 canuktravella

canuktravella

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

its one game no biggy they will show up tonight frack canuck fans are brutal edler and garrison will gel takes bit of time to get used to each other as a pairing bobby luo is awesome for dealing with the fans and their irrational hate

#55 Spodermen

Spodermen

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Got Damn Man

#56 Spodermen

Spodermen

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Got Damn Man

#57 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Edler and Salo had some insane pairing chemistry. I watched the game last night and it's so apparent Garrisson and Edler are not meshing very well. Now it could take some time so I'm not going to tell the Canucks to switch pairings but this isn't looking as good as we thought when we signed the coveted Free Agent.

I like Garrissons shot on the Powerplay but I'm in no way enamored by his defensive game. Hate to say it but Salo might have been the better choice. Cheaper, Experienced, Good Chemistry & Just as good shot if not better than Jason!

Gillis dropped the ball big time not re-upping Sami.

Come on the whole team wasn't in sink. You sure expect a lot from one time out. How long did Edler and Salo play together?

#58 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Well obviously. They've only been playing on the same team for ONE game.

Font should be even bigger

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.