The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's gonna give first? Gillis lowers his asking price or a team pays up?

billabong

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

we have a massive distraction on our hands and last night made it worse. i was at the game and the reaction luongo got when he came in relief for schneider was shocking, the fans were demanding for him for god sakes after almost driving out of town :frantic: wtf...

it has to be done, gillis has to stop kidding himself and asking for bozak AND kadri or bjugstad because no other team interested in him feels he is worth the same so obviously gillis is over rating him or he would have been gone by now. toronto is the best fit for a deal and now that they have axed connolly and lombardi they are NOT gonna deal their no.1 and no.3 center when they need to make the playoffs he has waited too long and learn from cbj that waiting doesnt help it justs puts you behind the ball

on a other note, why does he want kadri so much??? id much rather acquire biggs and have him and kassian grow together has two hulking wingers in our system

A team is gonna pay up......

Gillis is too much of a hard a** to give up Luongo for less than he deserves,

It's a tough call because I think the longer Lu stays in town, the bigger controversy there is in net, and the more it hurts Schneids mental state, but teams will pay the most for Luongo at the Deadline.....

I'm just hoping we can survive until Kesler and Booth come back, then cash in on Lu at the deadline

I agree.. Mg has to take what he can and get rid of Lou before it is a huge distraction. Schnieds will play better and be a solid number one. With Lou here it jus makes it worse.. I think gillis is asking too much.. Up shall a first and Theodore

we have a massive distraction on our hands and last night made it worse. i was at the game and the reaction luongo got when he came in relief for schneider was shocking, the fans were demanding for him for god sakes after almost driving out of town :frantic: wtf...

it has to be done, gillis has to stop kidding himself and asking for bozak AND kadri or bjugstad because no other team interested in him feels he is worth the same so obviously gillis is over rating him or he would have been gone by now. toronto is the best fit for a deal and now that they have axed connolly and lombardi they are NOT gonna deal their no.1 and no.3 center when they need to make the playoffs he has waited too long and learn from cbj that waiting doesnt help it justs puts you behind the ball

on a other note, why does he want kadri so much??? id much rather acquire biggs and have him and kassian grow together has two hulking wingers in our system

whats going to happen is that fans will flip flop back to who ever is the hot goalie, Gillis will look like a genius in not trading luongo and not giving into the fans pressure..... so i think nothing will happen.. and you know what, with the shortened season and injuries that may be a good thing not to do anything. no one knows for sure whats been happening... maybe lu was playing hardball in chosing a team and maybe gillis was asking too much for him... one thing i do know is that if there was a way for Gillis to turn that contract around and look good in the end, he would have to get something good in return, or just sit back wait for the season to end justify his defense and buyout luongo.

Schneiders post game interview says a lot about him. "The kid" is a class act, blamed the entire game on himself, didn't even mention defensive break downs, messed up lines, or any of the first game crap. I for one am amazed by Cory, he's got heart and I know hes gonna play with it on his sleeves every game he starts and even in practices. Im sure those of us who watched the post game felt the same sincerity and determination from Schneider as i did, this guy wont let us down, hes made to win. You can see it in him. I Believe in Schneider.

"Im just gonna get out there and work my butt off" (:

Gillis's asking price is going to drop as time goes on. As it sits now, neither goalie looked too sharp in last nights game. If one hits a hot streak i still think either could be traded. No matter how it goes, the situaton needs resolution; Gillis knows this. It may be that his price was too high to begin with. Right now the market is in the buyers favor; especially when Lou has the NTC to exercise on any potential deal.

Archived