The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AV's Reaction VS Canuck Fan Reaction

Bur14Kes17

I watched AV's interview in the post game show last night and i have to say i was super impressed with him. Everything that came out of his mouth in regards to his reaction with this game, "We have a very veteran group, im not worried, we made some bad defensive reads, there was no pre season and the guys are still shaking off some rust, we made a few mistakes and we paid for each one, this makes absolutely no difference in how we move forward, i didn't have to say anything to the guys in the locker room" is exactly the way this game should have been handled. To be entirely honest, im still laughing at how Vancouver got blown out last night!!

Lets take a step back and look at our team:

1. The Canucks are an extremely veteran group and a performance like this is HIGHLY uncharacateristic. In fact, as mentioned by the panel last night, the last time they gave up 7 goals was against Boston in the Finals.

2. No pre-season. This is the first actual game they have played! This includes first real game speed, the hitting, making defensive reads at full speeds, first game jitters, and i could go on. Of course there is going to be a sharp curve jumping straight into the reg season without real warm up games.

3. Vancouver played 2 periods of solid hockey last night and had 1 stinker. For a first game, with no pre-season, i dont think thats such a bad effort, the only thing was, Anahiem made the stinker obvious and we paid for every mistake we made.

4. Not a single one of our defenders played in europe and very few of any of our players did. RUST.

5. Expect a bounce back performance tonight. HOWEVER!! That does not necessarily mean a win!!! The Oil have had almost half their team playing all through the lockout and their entire 1st PP playing together in the AHL plus they are all young players. They are going to already be a well running machine. BUT! what you can expect is a Canucks team that players 3 periods of smart hockey.

6. Luongo will start in Goal. Not because the franchise is have ANY second thoughts on Cory, but because when AV sets a schedule for the goalies, he will not differ from it. Vancouver needs to keep Roberto active, in game shape, and they have to keep showing him to entice buyers. Cory is our goalie moving forward and he will be great. The entire team is responsible for that loss last night.

My only real criticism of last nights game was the coaching decision to pull Schneider. Yes he deserved to be pulled, but last night in his first game as our "Starter", no matter what the outcome, the franchise should have left him in net as a Statement to Cory, to the fans, and to the league, that "This is our Starter, and we are behind him".

Im disgusted with all you fans who are freaking out and creating new threads over Lou is better, Cory is better, the sky is falling, what is wrong with our team, ebbet sucks wheres schroeder?!?! I can't believe this is how you are all reacting to this game, give you head a shake. I'd encourage your to honestly have yourself a laugh over this game, throw it out the window, and turn the page to tonights game. And if Lou is in goal tonight, PLEASE dont read into it.

End Thread...

A lot of those points could have been said for Anaheim as well. How come they were playing much better than us? Have they been playing 20+ games against other teams already?

I understand that one game is a pathetic sample size for any conclusion, and I agree, there is no reason to panic just yet. Still, given the fact that our team is supposed to be a veteran group that's seen it all, it seems rather disappointing that they still play worse than many other teams in the beginning of the year.

I agree, except I think Luongo is the better goaltender than Schneider.

And this isn't some bandwagon crap coming as a knee-jerk reaction to last night's game. I've said this since last year's playoffs and consistently throughout the lockout and now.

My only real criticism of last nights game was the coaching decision to pull Schneider. Yes he deserved to be pulled, but last night in his first game as our "Starter", no matter what the outcome, the franchise should have left him in net as a Statement to Cory, to the fans, and to the league, that "This is our Starter, and we are behind him".

Archived