The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks opening music - "Outro" by M83

Callahandy

To even think that making music on a laptop cannot be as beautiful or original as those songs is extremely ignorant. Music is music, and people write their music in different ways. All a computer allows an artist to do is be more creative and take their music to a level that cannot be reached by playing live. Almost all bands including famous ones like Kings of Leon have their tracks produced on a computer, they record solo'd tracks a few riffs at a time and produce them on a computer. It's the only way to truly reach digital perfection, and that doesn't make them any less talented.

your ignorance is embarrassing.

What does everyone have against an electric guitar or 2, a base, and a drum set with a singer that has a actual song to sing with lyrics that you can recognize as english.

We need something timeless, you think this Techno Crap is Timeless?

Hell No!! its the current metropolitan trend.

In five years it will be dead and some other pansy in skin tight pants will play some other ear damaging junk at all the clubs

Timeless is Rock and Roll, survey says rock in roll is more hockey than any of this crap on this page.

Go pluck your eyebrows and sit in a tanning bed

My Ignorance is awesome. All you little metros making fun of me for not being creative enough to enjoy a Buncha beeps, screeches and tones is the polar opposite of what I am doing.

Keep your little rants and music tastes to yourself cause nobody cares about this crap or how it is made.

My Ignorance is awesome. All you little metros making fun of me for not being creative enough to enjoy a Buncha beeps, screeches and tones is the polar opposite of what I am doing.

Keep your little rants and music tastes to yourself cause nobody cares about this crap or how it is made.

Agree with No Heart (for the most part) and I am a music fan. House, Dubstep, Electro, etc just isn't hockey music. What got me pumped to play was Pantera, Disturbed (10 Thousand Fists in The Air would be sweet), System of a Down, Rage Against the Machine (imagine the intros).

I'm not going to argue because I'm just getting old and crusty and most definitely biased but there is definitely something to be said for people that make music with real instruments as compared to sitting at their computer using a computer program to synthesize and arrange patterned synthetic music.

I like music with words that convey ideas as compared to schreeches, whistles, and harmonics, that you can do speedy drugs to.

I'll admit to being an old fogey with a preference for rock; but I don't think the intro has to be rock.

What I do think it has to be is stirring. It has to be something that can catch the audience and get them into the mood of the upcoming game. It doesn't matter what kind of music it is, so long as it can do that. The problem is that not all kinds of music can do that successfully for all audiences.

I really enjoy Cape Breton fiddle music, but I would be rightfully laughed out of the building if I suggested it for the Canucks' intro. It's the same with a number of other forms of music, and no slight on any of them.

I don't know what the next intro should be, but I will know when I hear it, and I will know when I hear something that shouldn't be it, too.

Agree with No Heart (for the most part) and I am a music fan. House, Dubstep, Electro, etc just isn't hockey music. What got me pumped to play was Pantera, Disturbed (10 Thousand Fists in The Air would be sweet), System of a Down, Rage Against the Machine (imagine the intros).

I don't really care for ACDC personally but this ain't about what we like personally its about everyone.

I like gothic metal, I would love to have a gothic metal intro but 99.9% of people don't like it and that's cool with me.

Just because DJ Dave and a few metro douchebags in Vancouver style there hair to techno in the morning before going to work at Starbucks means we all have to live with it.

It's sure got the crowd going

Hahaha

Archived