The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks opening music - "Outro" by M83

Callahandy

The songs listed are great songs, I like them all. For an into to a hockey game though? Sorry, in spite of being good listening tunes while I'm cleaning my apartment they're a little soft.

This DJ Shadow track is a bit of a compromise to the "Rock Folks" and "Electronica Folks". Little more up beat and would sound great cranked up with a bit longer into to the song and an arena edit of some kind.

Oh god no. And the Vancouver Canucks facebook update with their new song was brutal.

I'm also in favour of Rock and Roll music.

Our arena caters to 16 year olds enough as it is with the crappy "Call me Maybe" songs during intermission/between whistles *shudder*

These songs you've posted are okay, but something that will amp up the crowd in the arena would be better suited I argue.

The songs listed are great songs, I like them all. For an into to a hockey game though? Sorry, in spite of being good listening tunes while I'm cleaning my apartment they're a little soft.

This DJ Shadow track is a bit of a compromise to the "Rock Folks" and "Electronica Folks". Little more up beat and would sound great cranked up with a bit longer into to the song and an arena edit of some kind.

The Canucks' Facebook page is open to comments about the new song. Looks like it's running at about 2% positive vs 98% negative, on the new opening song. So congrats on the epic fail.

Some are quite content with the U2. Those who are not, almost universally want it to be something heavier.

So it's either U2 or something ballsier. Not sure who's bright idea it was to desecrate the season opener with rave music.

To all the close-minded arrogant twats saying "rock and roll is the only music for hockey", STFU. There is no such thing as a fitting genre for a sport. That is the most rediculous claim I've ever heard. Two completely different arenas, one doesn't have to correspond to another.

Teams have all sorts of different intro songs. Some are really intense, some are fast paced, some bring chills and some have sentimental value to the city. It doesn't matter, as long as it fits and does it's job, which is to get the fans emotionally into the game.

You don't just need brain-dead rock and roll to get people's hearts thumping and adrenaline pumping, there are plenty of other genres and types of songs which can evoke emotion.

To all the close-minded arrogant twats saying "rock and roll is the only music for hockey", STFU. There is no such thing as a fitting genre for a sport. That is the most rediculous claim I've ever heard. Two completely different arenas, one doesn't have to correspond to another.

Teams have all sorts of different intro songs. Some are really intense, some are fast paced, some bring chills and some have sentimental value to the city. It doesn't matter, as long as it fits and does it's job, which is to get the fans emotionally into the game.

You don't just need brain-dead rock and roll to get people's hearts thumping and adrenaline pumping, there are plenty of other genres and types of songs which can evoke emotion.

Archived